Options

Vodafone are useless

ChieChie Posts: 4,407
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has anyone else had any problems with Vodafone?

First of all my texts keep going missing. Only about 10% of the texts I send ever get through to the receipient.

When you call 191 to make an enquiry, they charge you a 25p connection charge whether you get through or not. I called twice yesterday and didn't get through, the call was automatically cut off with "We are not able to connect you at this time". Low and behold 50p of my credit disappeared, even though I never got to speak to an operator. I'm sure they do this on purpose just to make more money.

For their 'Free weekends' promotion they don't really make it that clear that you have to spend £2.50 during the week to get free texts at the weekend, and £5 to get free calls.

When you do get your 'free' calls, they don't let you call 0845 numbers, which are charged at 4p during the day and 1p during the evenings and weekends. It's so cheap and yet they class it as a premium number :confused:

Anyway, they're useless :rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not happy with vodafone at the moment either but for different reasons. I ordered a contract phone two mondays ago, got the confirmation email saying it'd arrive in 'about 5 working days'. Waited, nothing came.
    After 9 'working days' I rang up and was told that it was out of stock and should have recieved an email telling me so (I hadn't). The man on the phone told me that he'd cancel that order as they might not get any in until the end of next week, and said he could forward me to someone who could get the exact same phone out to me the next day.
    Spoke to this next man, who told me that the deal had run out that month. It was the 1st September, and had missed it by ONE DAY! It was a super deal. A student deal you can get with a student card that has unlimited texts. I'd only waited so long because I didn't know how long 'about 5 working days' was. I emailed them giving them an ear full telling them the 'about' wasn't specific enough which made me miss the deal, and that I wouldn't be in any hurry to try to use vodafone again!
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not happy with vodafone at the moment either but for different reasons. I ordered a contract phone two mondays ago, got the confirmation email saying it'd arrive in 'about 5 working days'. Waited, nothing came.
    After 9 'working days' I rang up and was told that it was out of stock and should have recieved an email telling me so (I hadn't). The man on the phone told me that he'd cancel that order as they might not get any in until the end of next week, and said he could forward me to someone who could get the exact same phone out to me the next day.
    Spoke to this next man, who told me that the deal had run out that month. It was the 1st September, and had missed it by ONE DAY! It was a super deal. A student deal you can get with a student card that has unlimited texts. I'd only waited so long because I didn't know how long 'about 5 working days' was. I emailed them giving them an ear full telling them the 'about' wasn't specific enough which made me miss the deal, and that I wouldn't be in any hurry to try to use vodafone again!

I hate vodaphone, I'd rather use 02, do love my free texts
  • Options
    potatolegspotatolegs Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    I changed from Vodafone to O2 as got fed up of them!
    Me thinks it time for a change for you Chie.
  • Options
    trash80trash80 Posts: 21,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chie wrote:
    Has anyone else had any problems with Vodafone?

i've been with them for over 3 years now and never had any problems
  • Options
    Forum Member
    trash80 wrote:

You are so lucky trash :)
  • Options
    trash80trash80 Posts: 21,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maybe i just have the midas touch
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,807
    Forum Member
    trash80 wrote:

four years with them, no problems either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tribade wrote:
    four years with them, no problems either.

You are so lucky tribade :)
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    potatolegs wrote:
    You are so lucky trash :)
    Not only Trash, I too have been with them at least 6 years as contract and payg and not one single problem, their coverage is excellent unlike some of the others who have a good reception in towns and cities and crap reception elsewhere. My friend has Orange and it has very iffy reception outside towns and cities and Virgin not not appear much better either. The only company that has anywhere a decent overall reception besides Vodaphone is Cellnet or O2 or whatever silly name they call themselves now.
  • Options
    LilaLila Posts: 6,780
    Forum Member
    I don't like them at all now - they do nothing to keep their customers until 1 day before the contract ends - literally. They conned me with an upgrade which was diabolical - I cancelled it and it was still delivered - I was blatantly lied to by one of their advisors and made sure they knew it. They have also stopped picture messages being included in text packs. I am thinking about going to Orange when my Broadband contract is up as that is included as a freebie in some of their price plans.
  • Options
    KIIS102KIIS102 Posts: 8,539
    Forum Member
    Ive been on Vodafone Payg for 6years up until last year when i changed to contract so 7years in total and never had a single issue with them. No dropped calls, no missing texts or anything, Excellent service
  • Options
    LilaLila Posts: 6,780
    Forum Member
    Forgot to add - no problems with calls/text though after 6 years - just actual contact with them is not good.
  • Options
    Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No problems whatsoever with Vodafone.

(This thread is probably more suited to the Mobile Telephony Forum)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    potatolegs wrote:
    You are so lucky tribade :)

Aww, thanks spud. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tribade wrote:
    Aww, thanks spud. :)

You're welcome tribade - I hope they remain good to you!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    potatolegs wrote:
    You're welcome tribade - I hope they remain good to you!

I hope so too, If I can't get a signal from a Munro, I'll let you know. :)
  • Options
    DemonLemonDemonLemon Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was happy with Vodafone for years. Their service was faultless. But they insisted that my phone should have 'Vodafone Live' on it, and they messed about with the menus. I never used 'Vodafone Live' when I had it and I don't want it now. But they wouldn't sell me a phone without the 'Vodafone Live' stuff and the cut-down menu system, so I switched to O2 last year, and they are fine. O2 don't try to tell me where I should surf, and what menus I can have.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have been with Vodafone for many years without incident. Their coverage is excellent. When I go out of town with mates (who have all the other networks) mine is usually the only network that has a signal. Not very good 'cos they want to borrow my phone. ;)

I am on a crappy tarrif though. Just can't be bothered to change.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never had any problems, although that's probably because I live near the world headquarters.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    My WHOLE family is on Vodafone. That's 4 people and my Dad uses it A LOT for business - about £500 a month!!! And we have no problem with them at all. I transferred from T- mobile and the transition was so easy!

Vodafone have fantastic signal across the UK (I live in the middle of nowhere and still get FULL signal!) and some European countries - I usually go to Malta for holiday every year and always have good signal there too. The price isn't bad either for called back to the UK. I think it's a 75p connection fee and then your normal standard rate!

Quite honestly - you just have to accept that mistakes are made and only the minority of people actually have problems, whatever network your with! And when you do have problems the do try their best to try and sort it!
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh I forgot to mention (saw previous post) that Vodafone are great throughout Europe. I had no problems whilst I was in Cyprus. They even sent me a welcome text once I landed (after switching phone on of course)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find them good in America too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,464
    Forum Member
    Ive been with Vodafone for 3 years and never had problems - its just overpriced and too expensive.

er.
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive been with Vodafone for 3 years and never had problems - its just overpriced and too expensive.

er.

It may be expensive but if superior coverage is what you want you have to pay for it. No good having a service that only works in towns and cities. Some of these other networks are applying for transmitting masts and having them refused Vodaphones are already in place and the same goes for O2
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate vodaphone, I'd rather use 02, do love my free texts

I must admit I do love being in O2 but I thought the unlimited texts deal was too good to miss. Needen't have wasted my time ordering it! I looked at contract phones on O2 but they didn't really have a deal that was any good. Ordered an Orange phone this afternoon though!