Options

Football Betting 2016/17 Season

Comments

• Options
    gers09gers09 Posts: 1,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say I think Leicester are good value at a best priced 30/1 for next year, assuming Mahrez and Kante both stick around,

Leicester will be lucky to get top half in my opinion.
    The demands of Champions League will take its toll, as well as all the 'top' teams in the EPL strengthening.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,981
    Forum Member
    I think there's some good value bets to be had in the Championship. Take outright winners, Newcastle are such strong favourites to win the division that every other team is a value bet. 8-1 for Villa and even longer bets for the other teams from what I've seen. Reaching the play-offs often offers good value as there's always at least one unexpected team in them.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gers09 wrote: »
    The demands of Champions League will take its toll, as well as all the 'top' teams in the EPL strengthening.

As well as at least one of their best players last season having already left and their other, arguably better player, looking to leave as well apparently.
  • Options
    gers09gers09 Posts: 1,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    I think there's some good value bets to be had in the Championship. Take outright winners, Newcastle are such strong favourites to win the division that every other team is a value bet. 8-1 for Villa and even longer bets for the other teams from what I've seen. Reaching the play-offs often offers good value as there's always at least one unexpected team in them.

Wouldn't disagree with that. Don't watch a lot of English football but I wouldn't be surprised if Newcastle make a bit of a mess of winning the league. Every team in that league will raise their game and want to beat them - especially when they go to play at St James'.
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    Maybe I'm just unlucky, but it doesn't look like Sky Bet's giving me a free bet this year. Normally they give you a £10 free bet on your birthday. It was the only downside to having a birthday in July with the lack of football to bet on. I don't bet on friendlies and I don't follow the MLS. But a free bet's a free bet!

Looks like I'm not getting one this year. They might be jealous because I've started using Bet365 more.
  • Options
    GordonGordonGordonGordon Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think I will be sticking a grand on Newcastle win the league this year, they romped home last time they went down.
  • Options
    naquadanaquada Posts: 1,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think I will be sticking a grand on Newcastle win the league this year, they romped home last time they went down.

I think that's a bit brave. Must have a lot more spare cash than I do.
  • Options
    SC000BYSC000BY Posts: 826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SC000BY wrote: »
    Paddy are still taking bets on the next England manager. Sam Allardyce is 8/13 odds on, what does everyone think, is it worth a bet?

Still kicking myself that I didn't put a bet on the next prime minister, although she was odds on at the time, it was almost certain she would get it. Is it the same for big Sam?

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/football-specials/manager-specials/Next-Permanent-England-Manager-4984795.html

Knew I should have gone with my instinct on this one! BBC just announced he's been given the job =>http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36850753
  • Options
    davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was looking at over 4.5 goals in tonight's Celtic game

11/8 seems a fair price

Surely they can't be as bad as last week......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davethecue wrote: »
    I was looking at over 4.5 goals in tonight's Celtic game

11/8 seems a fair price

Surely they can't be as bad as last week......

Looking good for the win, 3-0 up already. Hope you managed to stick a few quid on.

Missed out on this one as only saw your message after the game kicked off! Not a lot of deals around for these early games, hope things pick up soon!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sod's law they'll consider 3-0 job done and will just contain the game until the end ..
  • Options
    davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SC000BY wrote: »
    Looking good for the win, 3-0 up already. Hope you managed to stick a few quid on.

Missed out on this one as only saw your message after the game kicked off! Not a lot of deals around for these early games, hope things pick up soon!
    Sod's law they'll consider 3-0 job done and will just contain the game until the end ..

Looking that way

could have covered it at HT but decided to let it run
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must. Stop. Punting. On. Corners :D

Did a fiver on 6-8 on another Champions League Qualifier which would have given me a decent return. Of course the game ended on 5 corners ..
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    My coupon was beat on the first game at 5pm today
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coral new customer offer, 7/1 on LeicesterCity beating Celtic in the International Champions Cup

http://promotions.coral.co.uk/landing-pages/crazy-prices-online4-2207/

Not seen any other deals around so far for the new season, hopefully some will come through over the next few days!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm thinking of backing Juventus in the Champions League. They've got a good team this season, including without Pogba. They're 14/1 on Bet365.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheMunch wrote: »
    I'm thinking of backing Juventus in the Champions League. They've got a good team this season, including without Pogba. They're 14/1 on Bet365.

Interesting shout but I never back until the group stages are over I have did the atletico and Seville double the last two seasons but not until after the group stages .

Be interesting if someone new can join the challengers to the big 3 in the champions league
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't normally do any teams at this stage, either, but at 14/1 I think I'll go for it, then maybe bet on someone new later on in the season if I see an opportunity, as I normally do.
  • Options
    Tip top 2Tip top 2 Posts: 784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PL winners:

1. Chelsea. No European football, a great coach and a few additions on the way.

2. Man City. A very good manager who will have a cold wake up call managing in the PL and juggling the CL with high intensity games every week. Something he's not used to. There'll be no easy games, unlike in Spain and Germany.

3. Arsenal. They always seem to make the top 4, but don't have the strength to win it.

4. Man Utd / Tottenham. Mourhino is going to struggle and has huge expectations. He is not a Man Utd manager and does not have the hunger any more. Tottenham will struggle to build on last season's success, and need bigger, stronger signings. They don't have the money though.

5 / 6. Liverpool / Leicester. Klopp's gegenpressing takes too much out of players and they'll be up and down again. On their day they can beat anyone, but can't sustain it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it makes me a bad spurs fan but I did have a sneaky look at juventus to win by more than 2 goals on 365 earlier which was 2/1 (I think).

Didn't back it though so maybe I'm not such a bad fan after all :D
  • Options
    Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gers09 wrote: »

Plus every team will play that extra bit harder to beat the champions. Plus Kante's gone and Mahrez may yet go. I think Leciester are a value bet this season but can't decide if it's the 66/1 punt on them to win the CL or the 25/1 to be relegated. Their 33/1 to win the prem again, which I'm definitely not touching....
    TheMunch wrote: »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm interesting early shout. If the Spurs players didn't look so shatterred towards the end of last season, I'd do them too @ 40/1. They've already had their squad stretched by competing for all honours till late in the season......
    Tip top 2 wrote: »
    PL winners:

1. Chelsea. No European football, a great coach and a few additions on the way.

2. Man City. A very good manager who will have a cold wake up call managing in the PL and juggling the CL with high intensity games every week. Something he's not used to. There'll be no easy games, unlike in Spain and Germany.

3. Arsenal. They always seem to make the top 4, but don't have the strength to win it.

4. Man Utd / Tottenham. Mourhino is going to struggle and has huge expectations. He is not a Man Utd manager and does not have the hunger any more. Tottenham will struggle to build on last season's success, and need bigger, stronger signings. They don't have the money though.

5 / 6. Liverpool / Leicester. Klopp's gegenpressing takes too much out of players and they'll be up and down again. On their day they can beat anyone, but can't sustain it.

I agree with you about Chelsea, especially after seeing how well Conte got a mediocre squad of players to overperform at the Euro's. Also agree about Pep and City but disagree about everything else. What do you mean by Jose is not a Man Utd manager?

Anyway, here's my top 5

Chelsea
    United (with Pogba)
    City
    Liverpool
    Arsenal (this will be the season they miss out on the CL)
    Spurs (Like Leciester, so many of their players played out of their skin last season. I'm not sure they can step up to that mark again)

My bets so far

£10 on City to finish outside top 4 @ 4/1
    £7.50 (don't ask) on Everton e/w @ 100/1
    £5.00 on Sturridge to be top goalscorer e/w @ 25/1
    £5.00 on Anthony Martial top goalscorer e/w @33/1
    £5.00 on Diego Costa top goalscorer e/w 16/1
    £2.00 on Stoke to get a top 4 finish @ 40/1

I think that's it for now until I see how much of a float I've got after the olympics. Or unless you guys alert me to any special bets such as the Harry Kane type bet that Dundee got last year...
  • Options
    Nova21Nova21 Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plus every team will play that extra bit harder to beat the champions. Plus Kante's gone and Mahrez may yet go. I think Leciester are a value bet this season but can't decide if it's the 66/1 punt on them to win the CL or the 25/1 to be relegated. Their 33/1 to win the prem again, which I'm definitely not touching....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm interesting early shout. If the Spurs players didn't look so shatterred towards the end of last season, I'd do them too @ 40/1. They've already had their squad stretched by competing for all honours till late in the season......

I agree with you about Chelsea, especially after seeing how well Conte got a mediocre squad of players to overperform at the Euro's. Also agree about Pep and City but disagree about everything else. What do you mean by Jose is not a Man Utd manager?

Anyway, here's my top 5

Chelsea
    United (with Pogba)
    City
    Liverpool
    Arsenal (this will be the season they miss out on the CL)
    Spurs (Like Leciester, so many of their players played out of their skin last season. I'm not sure they can step up to that mark again)

My bets so far

£10 on City to finish outside top 4 @ 4/1
    £7.50 (don't ask) on Everton e/w @ 100/1
    £5.00 on Sturridge to be top goalscorer e/w @ 25/1
    £5.00 on Anthony Martial top goalscorer e/w @33/1
    £5.00 on Diego Costa top goalscorer e/w 16/1
    £2.00 on Stoke to get a top 4 finish @ 40/1

I think that's it for now until I see how much of a float I've got after the olympics. Or unless you guys alert me to any special bets such as the Harry Kane type bet that Dundee got last year...

I like that Everton bet. If I can see a price like this, I'm gonna jump on.
  • Options
    Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nova21 wrote: »
    I like that Everton bet. If I can see a price like this, I'm gonna jump on.

Pretty sure quite a few of the big boys are still offerring 100/1. But TBH the form bet to do is probably Chelsea. I don't want to do it, but they look pretty good at 6/1 or 11/2. Also pretty good odds for a domestic double or even a treble, no matter how unlikely that may be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't know if I'll do a bet on the title, at least now. I'd consider Arsenal at 6/1, if it truly is Wenger's last season, he might go all out for the title. But someone needs to tell him a transfer window is currently going on before I can back them.

Looking at the odds, there are some good odds but I don't have any confidence in placing a bet. I wouldn't go for an outside bet, either, even though Everton and Southampton have some good odds.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/winner

For the golden boot I think I'll go with Harry Kane and Aguero again. Sturridge looks tempting, though, at 25/1, if only he could stay fit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't find any odds on it yet, but I'd say Leicester v Barcelona on Wednesday is a bit of a no-brainer if you want to turn a profit.

I'd say an amount on Leicester to win in case they can cause an upset and then Barca to win by at least 3 clear goals and I'd imagine you'd be looking at a tidy profit either way.