The Matt Cardle Appreciation Thread (Part 49)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moomin123 wrote: »
    Matt's tweeted

Matt Cardle ‏ @matt_cardle_uk
    Iv got so bored of the conversation im on my phone, @willtalbot1 is even more bored he's taking photos of it lol, time to get to the bar xx

http://yfrog.com/oenp5qcj

:)

Yes Will thats your job to make all the girlies happy, less clothes next time ,maybe.he he
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trip to Highbarn:

I have to say I'm very impressed that Cat can now drive straight to The Five bells without getting lost - one minor wrong turning in the village (that will teach her to listen to me for a millisecond lol!). We arrived in dribs & drabs, but the full cast list was: Cat + OH, Mita + OH, Moomin, Pedsky, Samofbev, myself and @lovindamusic and @claret_and_white from twitter. Sunday lunch + pud downed successfully - I think I saw Josie the bar maid from Into the light, but no other "customers of note" were spotted. ;) (Wondering how nuts the OH's thought we were after listening to the chatter :o)

Then to Highbarn - well, I thought we were all done with "lane adventures" in Essex - but we found an absolutely corking single lane track that somehow got us there but felt as if we were heading into the middle of nowhere for a long time! :eek:

By the time we got there, it was nearly 5, when Ben Smith, Ali & Lorenzo were due to perform, so we went in, spotted Daddy Cardle on our way (stopped off for hugs), spotted Pippa sitting at his table (stopped off for hugs) then through to the marquee. What can I say - the guys looked like they were having such fun, and Ben Smith does a fine line in facial grimaces!

http://t.co/3SNd7q3B
    This is my first video upload - I'm chuffed as hell! And I love Ali's solo bits! :)

Then we had an hour or so to wait while they got ready for the evening performances in the barn. We stood outside chatting to Paul and Ali for a while - they really are fun guys! Sam gave Paul a copy of the book and they had a laugh at various "big pants" pics (poor Sam:o) - Paul seemed very taken with it, and I hope he has a laugh reading it.:p Lorenzo was nearby and we persuaded him into some photos, but for a rock God he seems a really shy guy, bless him.

https://twitter.com/#!/cardlescardie/status/199405724076478464/photo/1
    https://twitter.com/#!/cardlescardie/status/199239535819898880/photo/1

Anyway we asked Paul about the marathon - he confessed he has the ear phones in for the last few miles listening to "inspirational" tracks like The final Countdown, and.....yes.....Run for your life lol!! :p We had to laugh because he's now learned that when we show him our photos with Matt, he just has to say "You look like a married couple" and we're all in raptures!!! :D

I asked Ali how many people had applied so far for the ticket lottery - 800 or so for 2 tickets each, with 200 available. Kate is actually quite thankful that it is all being done by this automatic online thing, as they wouldn't fancy facing the phones calls involved otherwise. I'm actually quite relieved that Matt hasn't tweeted about it yet - they have enough to cope with as it is! Anyway, I have put in my request for All along the watchtower direct to Ali - he responded very positively, so I'm pretty sure they will do it. *prays* :D We've also suggested that if they do consider doing old Darwyn stuff, then Paul could take Richard Grace's place. Obviously, nothing is definite yet. I don't know if Matt will really be allowed to promote old stuff, but the pieces are all there if ptb give it the all clear.
    I WOULD DIE A HAPPY WOMAN IF I HEARD DARWYN STUFF LIVE! **promises to say prayers every night and be a good girl forever if it happens**

We had a long chat with Kate too - there were CD's of Richard Lobb by the bar - Lost & Found (picked one of those up) and we chatted about the tour, our favourite songs, how we'd like the band involved in the making of the next album, about the fact that Matt doesn't even answer DMs on twitter from her lol!

The evening's entertainment consisted of 5 acts - sorry I didn't get a programme so can't give you all their names, but my favourite 2 were Ady Johnson and Robert Castellani (the guy who plays the guitar as a percussion instrument, who we saw the last time we went) so I bought CDs for them too. One slightly awkward moment was when the last singer (a lady - sorry can't remember the name) chose to Sing First time ever I saw your face as her encore (horrified faces from us lot! :eek:). Her voice was very deep and folky, so it sounded completely different, but.........well, enough said, move on!

Anyway, it was a wonderful day spent with dear friends - of course we are all hoping we will be lucky and get back there on June 30th.

I like reading reports ,nice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://t.co/tgq7ihLj

Just a thought......bit of fun.......how about a caption competition for this photo??

:D:D

(I have no prize to offer - just the glory!)

Paul ........ stop tickling my bum hi hi hi

Ali ..... him not me hrmmph

Lorenzo ..... Its big balls who's doing it he he.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bye Matt fans be back later.
  • tillysteeth1tillysteeth1 Posts: 5,771
    Forum Member
    Crabbie123 wrote: »

We only got into the discussion because someone on here (was it DenJ?) mentioned it in a post. I'm not really expecting it tbh, but would like a bigger gap than a week between it and the next album, so it has a chance to stand on its own 2 feet so to speak.

I agree to a point but them on the other hand the album shifted 70k in the first week which in normal circumstances is great first week sales (the no1 album this week which was a new entry (marina and the diamonds) sold 21k :o. So enough gap to give the single some longevity but not too long as to make people forget all about it.
    Forum Member
    megamatt wrote: »
    Yes Will thats your job to make all the girlies happy, less clothes next time ,maybe.he he

Well it certainly did the trick! Matt got way more retweets than he has for a long time :p:D
  • piebaldladypiebaldlady Posts: 5,249
    Forum Member
    Morning all:). Right I must say now that I have more than a snatched minute to hand, a BIG thank you to folks for scanning the waves for info on the LA gig and also for the lovely reports of your Highbarn outing :D xxx

I'm still rather gobsmacked at the response to the Mali gig, should have expected it tho :D. Fingers crossed xxxxxxxx
  • Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    Just found this... looks like it's being shown on 3 Spanish TV channels :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uT-E1qnVcac

That's one special button you have there Toasty.

I bet the total royalties earned by Starlight have added up to a very tasty sum.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nice one. :D I'll be shouting for Spain at the Euro's like i always do :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Realised i hadn't mentioned the posts about Highbarn :o , so a massive thank you for posting you memories. Really hope to visit there one day :D
    Forum Member
    That's one special button you have there Toasty.

I bet the total royalties earned by Starlight have added up to a very tasty sum.

It's everywhere! It really is. I hope it keeps turning up. I think it would be great for the Olympic coverage but that's dream time. It's a really uplifting tune (even it it's about oblivion) he must make a few bob in royalties for stuff like this. Same as stuff like corrie, it being in the Kate and Will documentary, in the soap awards ect. It's all good.

Toasty's button is the stuff of legend. It single handedly got us through the horrible drought of 2011 :D
  • CardlescardieCardlescardie Posts: 4,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's everywhere! It really is. I hope it keeps turning up. I think it would be great for the Olympic coverage but that's dream time. It's a really uplifting tune (even it it's about oblivion) he must make a few bob in royalties for stuff like this. Same as stuff like corrie, it being in the Kate and Will documentary, in the soap awards ect. It's all good.

Toasty's button is the stuff of legend. It single handedly got us through the horrible drought of 2011 :D

All hail the special button. Toasty is a total legend! :):)
  • LinseyapLinseyap Posts: 5,748
    Forum Member
    I wonder if Matt had any idea that picture would get that reaction when he posted it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Linseyap wrote: »
    I wonder if Matt had any idea that picture would get that reaction when he posted it?

I was thinking about that one and i have a sneaky wee suspicion that he knew exactly the reaction he'd get :D:D
  • chosenturbochosenturbo Posts: 8,832
    Forum Member
    kazbo5771 wrote: »
    I was thinking about that one and i have a sneaky wee suspicion that he knew exactly the reaction he'd get :D:D

personally, I think Will posted it 'on his behalf' :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Imagine having that next to you on the settee every night!!:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    kazbo5771 wrote: »

Exactly. All the components are there. Very hot bloke(Matt :D), guitar, bed, stubble and disheveled sleep hair ---> perfection
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I do imagine it. All the time :o:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly. All the components are there. Very hot bloke(Matt :D), guitar, bed, stubble and disheveled sleep hair ---> perfection

Oh God, it sounds worse when you describe it that way. It really is a gorgeous photo
  • LinseyapLinseyap Posts: 5,748
    Forum Member
    personally, I think Will posted it 'on his behalf' :D

Oh yes that's probably the case actually!

Oh don't! :eek:
  • chosenturbochosenturbo Posts: 8,832
    Forum Member
    Oh yes that's probably the case actually!

Oh don't! :eek:

like the pic of Matt holding the programme where no-one actually noticed the programme! :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    Morning all :)

Not just you at all. When he tweets I work it out and then just in general at random times of the day.

I work out the time in Matt's zone several times a day too
    Seem to remember a few months back, Matt said that any attempt at the US would be with album 2 later this year. I think that is backed up by the fact that he has gone there to write some of this one in L.A. It does make you think that someone, somewhere, decided from the word go that Matt wouldn't be launched in the US on album 1. Cher, 1D and Rebecca were all sent off to the US to write (have written for them) their first albums, whereas Matt stayed firmly in the UK. I assumed at the time it was a mixture of him feeling he could get all he needed here and also the flying phobia. Now that he has gone there (so he can clearly cope with flying, even if he hates it) I query whether it was always the strategy by the PTB that Letters was an album for the UK only - although why I have no idea.

I also remember Matt saying that he would wait until album No.2 before he headed to the USA. I know that Cher, ID and Rebecca have already been there but maybe Matt felt that he needed more time. Him writing over there now is hopefully a good sign that he'll be back over there later in the year. He may even go back there to record some of the album.

Nice one :D

I hope some of Matt's songs are used during the Olympics. I know its not many people's favourite song but RFYL would be very appropriate for the Olympic track events
    All hail the special button. Toasty is a total legend! :)

She certainly is :D
    Imagine having that next to you on the settee every night!!:D:D:D

I know! Even this oldie can imagine how good that would be :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uncle again!! Welcome to the world princess : ) xx

SQUEEEEEE! Baby Cardles!!! He'll have to come home now to change a few nappies lol! :D:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    Tweet from Matt :D Aww :D:D

Edit: Snap Cardie :D

At times like this I'm sure Matt must be wishing he was at home.
  • Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member

SQUEEEEEE! Baby Cardles!!! He'll have to come home now to change a few nappies lol! :D:D:D:D

I don't know any uncles that do that! Above and beyond the call of duty except in emergencies I believe.

I bet Grandma will be over the moon to have a girl to spoil at last.
This discussion has been closed.