When will Castle Season 5 be back and...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
Forum Member
✭✭✭
... will it be on Alibi, I love this show.. but worry it was getting a bit dark, need the humour back, Great ending to Season 4.

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it will be back on Alibi, but I suspect it won't be until the new year. I've watched at US pace but i'm happy to go back to UK pace now, since Alibi went HD and also the fact that we'll get it in one unbroken run.
  • Cuty PieCuty Pie Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    It seems unlikely that Series 5 will be shown in the UK in the near future. In the States they show one episode a week and there are 23 in the series. With the odd break it is unlikely to finish until sometime in May.

If Alibi continue showing Castle in their usual manner of 5 a week it means the finale of Series 4 in UK will be on 19th February which coincides with the US showing Episode 16 of Series 5. Alibi's daily showing of the series means that S5UK would finish before it finishes in the US - something that just will not happen.

So Castle fans its going to be an eternity before we see the delights of Beckett hiding in Castle's bedroom cupboard and almost skinny dipping in his pool:cry::cry:
  • leeowls87leeowls87 Posts: 1,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cuty Pie wrote: »
    It seems unlikely that Series 5 will be shown in the UK in the near future. In the States they show one episode a week and there are 23 in the series. With the odd break it is unlikely to finish until sometime in May.

If Alibi continue showing Castle in their usual manner of 5 a week it means the finale of Series 4 in UK will be on 19th February which coincides with the US showing Episode 16 of Series 5. Alibi's daily showing of the series means that S5UK would finish before it finishes in the US - something that just will not happen.

So Castle fans its going to be an eternity before we see the delights of Beckett hiding in Castle's bedroom cupboard and almost skinny dipping in his pool:cry::cry:

They are repeats though, when they show the new series (series 5),it will be one episode a week (on Wednesdays at 9pm if history is to go by)

It will start in late February or early March as it did this year I'd imagine
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leeowls87 wrote: »
    They are repeats though, when they show the new series (series 5),it will be one episode a week (on Wednesdays at 9pm if history is to go by)

It will start in late February or early March as it did this year I'd imagine

Exactly. With the rights they have, they'll probably run the show from Season 1, Episode 1 in the early evening more than a few times.

I'm still happy to wait though.

This doesn't sound good though from the states. I can't say i'm too surprised that the ratings are taking a hit now they've finally got together. Just hope they can turn it around.
    Castle dropped three tenths to a new all time series low of 1.7 (8.41m) at 10pm

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a442976/monday-ratings-voice-himym-2-broke-girls-castle-down.html
    Forum Member
    An end date of 19th February for season 4 would work out very well as its a Tuesday. S5.1 could be on the following day, a Wednesday, and then on successive Wednesdays as suggested above.

Interesting about the ratings drop for the latest episode. Other episodes from Season 5 only show a small drop compared with the previous Seasons. Wikipedia does not give such a low figure as Nielsen.

How can any show drop viewers when it has promos such as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=mXx5NEiUduw&feature=endscreen
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'd never seen that before !!

Stana in that dress .. *drool* :)
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • BrummiekevBrummiekev Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    Really pleased that Season 5 of Castle is back on our screens next month. Its one of my favorite shows and I wasn't sure whether Alibi would be showing the next season.

Cant wait!!:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brummiekev wrote: »
    Really pleased that Season 5 of Castle is back on our screens next month. Its one of my favorite shows and I wasn't sure whether Alibi would be showing the next season.

Cant wait!!:)

Castle season 5 has been available on iTunes one day after airing the latest episode in America for the past few years now. Great for those who dont have Sky and dont want to wait ages for channel 5 to show the show. Not so great news for those who pay for Sky (like me) and who doesnt want to pay an extra £30 something to be able to watch the show.

I'm surprised seeing as season 5 has been legally available in the UK since September/October why Alibi still has waited and still making us wait till near the end of March before airing the new season
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    Great News....:cool:
  • Karen_BellKaren_Bell Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised seeing as season 5 has been legally available in the UK since September/October why Alibi still has waited and still making us wait till near the end of March before airing the new season[/QUOTE]

I think the main reason for this is because when ita airs sepetember/october in the states it has its hitaus between some eps and with ir being in the UK they can airs the eps without a break mean uninterputed
    Forum Member
    TVwise does not give a source for the date and it seems strange that Alibi would start showing the new series when the repeats of S4 would only have reached about midway through the series.

I was in the USA recently and saw several episodes of S5, all of them very good indeed. Can't wait for them to be shown over here, but it might be June before S4 on Wednesdays only finishes.
  • leeowls87leeowls87 Posts: 1,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TVwise does not give a source for the date and it seems strange that Alibi would start showing the new series when the repeats of S4 would only have reached about midway through the series.

I was in the USA recently and saw several episodes of S5, all of them very good indeed. Can't wait for them to be shown over here, but it might be June before S4 on Wednesdays only finishes.

Alibi on there Facebook page state that series 5 starts in March

I'd imgaine thats as good a source as any
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I watch castle at 8 will it be edited?
    Forum Member
    Matt35 wrote: »
    If I watch castle at 8 will it be edited?

It shouldnt be edited at it will air at 9pm
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karen_Bell wrote: »
    It shouldnt be edited at it will air at 9pm

So the 8pm ep will be the same as the one at 9pm. Can't watch it at 9pm.
    Forum Member
    So the 8pm ep will be the same as the one at 9pm. Can't watch it at 9pm.[/QUOT

Ok maybe you misunderstood me so may I clear up your confusion Castle series 5 starts at 9pm on wednesday not at 8pm on alibi however if u cant watch it then you have another chance to watch it one hour later on alibi +1 hope this has cleared it up
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karen_Bell wrote: »
    So the 8pm ep will be the same as the one at 9pm. Can't watch it at 9pm.[/QUOT

Ok maybe you misunderstood me so may I clear up your confusion Castle series 5 starts at 9pm on wednesday not at 8pm on alibi however if u cant watch it then you have another chance to watch it one hour later on alibi +1 hope this has cleared it up

I understood. what i meant was i can only watch it on Saturday at 8pm due to other Programmes being on, on wednesday. but because its on at 8pm on sat. i didn`t know if it would be edited in any way because of the earlier timeslot.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starts tonight!! :D
    Forum Member
    Heavenly wrote: »
    Starts tonight!! :D
    Can't Wait.....:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've actually already seen episode 1 as I had to watch what happened after the S4 finale, but I'll most likely watch it again anyway :)
  • claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D'oh - just bumped another thread to remind everyone as well - oh well, can't hurt!
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to have it back. Pretty good start to the new season.
    Forum Member
    Good to have it back. Pretty good start to the new season.
    Great start to season 5....but I wasn't sure if they had replaced Alexis, she meant to look rough, it just didn't look like her.

Beckett as ever, stunning...:p

But is the, who 'was behind' her Mum's death story, over now....:confused:
  • claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, thoroughly enjoyed the first ep. It moved the main story arc on quite a bit, so was a 'serious' ep in that regard, but then there were countless funny moments as well.