Trophy question.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 514
Forum Member
✭✭
Just wondering, if you have an older game that had a patch added for trophies - do you always need to play the game again, to open them up?

Comments

• HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not always, but most of the time you will have to replay the game. I think there are like 1 or 2 games that have retroactive trophies.

Need for Speed Undercover is one I think
  • cheekyanguscheekyangus Posts: 1,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what I've read, Warhawk has retroactive trophies too. Burnout Paradise doesn't even though before release of patch they say it would :(. Since BP requires deletion of the save game to get the early ones I've not done them yet, all my trophies for it are the harder to get ones. I will backup and redo them some day soon though as I want my 1st platinum. Anyways I'm rambling.....

On the whole I always assume thet you have to redo them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheers for that! I noticed one of my friends has trophy support for Afrika - but I'm wondering if maybe it's just for the western version? I took my Hong Kong copy online last night, and there didn't seem to be a patch available?
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    browncoat wrote: »
    Cheers for that! I noticed one of my friends has trophy support for Afrika - but I'm wondering if maybe it's just for the western version? I took my Hong Kong copy online last night, and there didn't seem to be a patch available?

The US version of Afrika launched with trophy support on the disc, no patch has been released to add trophy support to the Asian version.

It looks unlikely at this time that a patch will ever be released.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The US version of Afrika launched with trophy support on the disc, no patch has been released to add trophy support to the Asian version.

It looks unlikely at this time that a patch will ever be released.

Cheers - guess that explains why I couldn't find one!