Any other teetotallers on here?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    Like most posters here I just never "got around" to enjoying booze, I found that people who drank just used to "pee" me off and I had trouble lip reading them, so I avoid public houses and most of my friends are nearly TT, but I have never drunk (or smoked for that matter) and people say I look quite good for my age and I think that because I do not smoke or drink it keeps my skin clear.
  • monkeydave68monkeydave68 Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emnat wrote: »
    You don't like that warm fuzzy feeling slowly going down your body?

stop having sex with muppets lol
  • emnatemnat Posts: 1,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stop having sex with muppets lol

I'll have you know Kermit knew exactly what he was doing with his hands erm sorry legs! :o
  • Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Dad was a violent abusive alcoholic as are other members of my family.

Seeing some of the things I have put me off and I figured if I never have a drink I can never get addicted

the alchohol is burned off in the cooking process.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't drink alcohol, and haven't done so for about 35 years. My favourite drink is tap water and no, I'm not joking!!
  • DaisyBillDaisyBill Posts: 4,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been teetotal for over 2 years now, and feel much happier and healthier as a result. I intend to stay teetotal for the rest of my life.
  • Mitten KittenMitten Kitten Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't drink? How are people meant to watch programmes like The X Factor without a drink?

Madness!

You may jest, but I have been asked "How do you relax if you don't drink?" and "How do you have fun if you don't drink?"

I too am a "Don't like the taste" type. Used to drink a little when young, didn't like it much even then. Got drunk one night, spent the next day throwing up and admitted to myself that enough was enough. That was over 20 years ago. I have had almost any type of cocktail thrust at me to try. What people don't seem to understand is that it is the alcohol, not whatever it is flavoured with. People always seem to be bothered that I don't like it. I usually say "Someone has to stay sober and take notes":D
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not teetotal but consume no more than two or three litres max.....a year.
    And that's outside the UK. Don't drink here in this country at all. Not even at Christmas and New Year.
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it is great waking up every day without a hang-over. and being free of booze, In my youth i did drink to much. but them days are long gone now. not had a drop in years..

it matter;s not, for what reason you do not drink. the point is. you have given it up, or never have tasted booze.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the alchohol is burned off in the cooking process.

Not in my Xmas cake. I was injecting it with brandy once a week for 6 weeks :)
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Karoake first became popular (about 20 years ago) we had a young adult evening at Church and had a professional karoake man came to the chapel. When he heard we didn't drink alcohol, he refused to come saying you had to be drunk to get involved. The organiser said 'look, we're paying you £200 you charge, just turn up!'. The evening started at 7:30 and at midnight there was still a long list of people wanting to sing. The bloke was shocked that the evening was so successful, despite the lack of alcohol!
  • emnatemnat Posts: 1,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You may jest, but I have been asked "How do you relax if you don't drink?" and "How do you have fun if you don't drink?"

I too am a "Don't like the taste" type. Used to drink a little when young, didn't like it much even then. Got drunk one night, spent the next day throwing up and admitted to myself that enough was enough. That was over 20 years ago. I have had almost any type of cocktail thrust at me to try. What people don't seem to understand is that it is the alcohol, not whatever it is flavoured with. People always seem to be bothered that I don't like it. I usually say "Someone has to stay sober and take notes":D

So I assume you just take drugs via pipe?
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Never drank alcohol in my life I even read the ingredients on food to make sure none is in

Some foods don't list it though such as tomato juice and black currants.
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So many people on here saying they "don't like the taste of alcohol".

That's a stupid statement, because different alcoholic drinks taste, funnily enough, different.
  • cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me I just don't like it ,I have a couple of mug of tea when i first get up and the rest of the time i drink water ,i prefer water to any kind of fizzy pop fruit juice etc
  • Dusk1983Dusk1983 Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DaisyBill wrote: »
    I've been teetotal for over 2 years now, and feel much happier and healthier as a result. I intend to stay teetotal for the rest of my life.

Can you tell us more? How much did you drink, what were your reasons to stop and how exactly do you feel different? Genuinely interested.
  • Mitten KittenMitten Kitten Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emnat wrote: »
    So I assume you just take drugs via pipe?

Oooh Matron, could I just not take them in the normal way?:eek:

No I don't do drugs either. Tried smoking them years ago. Did nothing for me and I woke up with similar feelings to a hangover, so couldn't see the point.
    The closest I get is a normal cigarette and a coffee.

As for Mark, as I said before, it doesn't matter what flavour it is disguised with, it still tastes horrible. Even when alcopops were popular, people said you couldn't taste the alcohol - believe me if you don't drink, you can taste it. Why should any of us who don't like the taste force ourselves to drink something we don't like?
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    I used to drink an awful lot in my younger days, but barely touch alcohol these days.

A pint or two in the pub when I meet up with friends every few months and that's about it. Even that happens rarely, as I often drive down to the pub, so a shandy is usually about it.

Apart from a glass of wine or two with dinner at Christmas I never have alcohol in the house or drink at home.
  • Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,854
    Forum Member
    Have never drunk as I don't like the taste. However I have had a couple of chocolate liqueurs over the years but I prefer the taste of the chocolate to what's inside.
  • Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aly1 wrote: »
    Not in my Xmas cake. I was injecting it with brandy once a week for 6 weeks :)

well most food with drink in it, the alchohol, will not be present any longer. I add a hell of a lot of wine to spagbol.
  • flashgordon1952flashgordon1952 Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I very rarely drink alcohol the reson for this is that for 40 years i rode motorcycles and it never wanted to drink and ride .
    now its proabably once a month i will drink one pint of strong ale.and thats about it really .
    My wife cannot drink as she is on medication now for 10 years or so
  • BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I go on holiday I'll have a drink, but back home nah, cba to spend money on it.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been teetotal for about 15 years gave up as I never got drunk and couldn't see the point in wasting any more money
  • DaisyBillDaisyBill Posts: 4,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dusk1983 wrote: »
    Can you tell us more? How much did you drink, what were your reasons to stop and how exactly do you feel different? Genuinely interested.

I used to drink 3-4 bottles of wine a week.( never drank every day though).
    I feel fresher, more energy and less bloated now I no longer drink.
    Plus I don't like being around drunk people, and that included myself when I drank.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    I'm not teetotal but I hardly ever drink these days. I didn't even have any over Christmas.