Options

WD Media player and watch external HD via my computer?

I have a WD Media Player and its connected to my BB wirelessly, is there any way that I can watch a external HD (on tv via my WD Player) if its connected to my computer via USB ,I already have both USB ports used on my WD Player and there is not enought room on these drives to put the ones I have via the computer drive (external),thanks a lot

Comments

• Options
    tim1964tim1964 Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could use a powered USB hub in one of the USB ports, (I'm guessing the rear one for neatness) then you can have more than enough.

If I may ask, what do you have in both ports at the mo'?

I have a 1TB HDD plugged into the back of mine which is also seen on the network as an external drive and to be honest I have had no need to use the front one.

I then copy over my "stuff" from the PC to this HDD so it means that the PC doesn't have to be on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    tim1964 wrote: »
    You could use a powered USB hub in one of the USB ports, (I'm guessing the rear one for neatness) then you can have more than enough.

If I may ask, what do you have in both ports at the mo'?

I have a 1TB HDD plugged into the back of mine which is also seen on the network as an external drive and to be honest I have had no need to use the front one.

I then copy over my "stuff" from the PC to this HDD so it means that the PC doesn't have to be on

I have 3x3TBS Drives in both usb ports and I want to add a couple of new drives just to give me extra space in the future, I did use a usb hub to see if I could connect extra drives like you said, but as it was not "powered" that might have been while they did not connect properly, I might just buy a powered usb hub and use that instead, thanks for your reply