Good Morning Britain - ITV

Comments

• Options
    YaffiYukYaffiYuk Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Notice how I've but temporarily.

Learn to read.

Regardless, no-one needs a constant reminder of who presented on what day. It's pointless, and clogs up the thread. Most of the commenters on the the thread know who was presenting.

By your logic, anyone who sits at the desk is a "temporary" presenter. Does that include experts etc, who sometimes sit at the desk now?

I agree with the OP. And don't be rude.
  • Options
    kelvokelvo Posts: 3,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bob_Knoobb wrote: »
    I'm a conveyancer (semi retired) who mainly works from home & its the dead time of year so i'm watching a bit more breakfast TV than normal. I was curious to find out how much of the time in the 2 1/2 hrs Susanna Reid and her co host actually spend on air talking/linking etc.. so today I did an experiment (yes I already know it was a sad use of time) and according to the stopwatch on my laptop John/Susanna's segments/ links accounted for just under 59 mins of content with the rest being the adverts, Charlotte reading the news, sport, correspondent reports, weather, local news/weather, competitions etc.. Even taking account of post/pre show meetings it would seem a GMB TV presenters (or any TV presenter) life is pretty cushy.

That's what I call a glutton for punishment, but interesting none the less - particularly as it does seem to point to Susanna/co-host having more of the screen time where as Charlotte was just reading the headlines. There is presumably as set amount of time they have to have adverts so there is not much you can do about that.

Probably a bit late now given how long she's got left but couldn't they swap Susanna and Charlotte over occasionally and it seemed to work well with Kate and Charlotte together last week, assume of Friday if it is Ranvir then she will take up the left hand chair with Charlotte in the centre chair.

There must be some form of psychology as to why they've changed the order of the presenters?

As for a cushy life as a TV presenter? Not sure I could endure getting up at 02:45 in the morning, although agreed they're on their way home whilst I'm still on my 3rd cup of tea of the morning - think I remember seeing Charlotte leaving the studios just after 10.
  • Options
    simon_geraldsimon_gerald Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dont think psychology was involved,Susanna was main presenter at Breakfast,Charlotte was co-host on sunrise,GMB pays them more money to do the job they did on their previous shows.
    Only prediction I would make for 2015 is for the newshour to return presented by John and Ranvir.
    My reason for saying newshour may return is on the basis of the news ticker is now on between 6am and 7am as it was when daybreak was on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kelvo if you're talking about seating arrangements, perhaps because Charlotte is pregnant and needs to pee perhaps her new seat is closer to the toilet.

Perhaps GMB just want to be different if you watch breakfast or sunrise its girl right,boy left as you look at the TV screen.
  • Options
    Bob_KnoobbBob_Knoobb Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kelvo wrote: »
    That's what I call a glutton for punishment, but interesting none the less - particularly as it does seem to point to Susanna/co-host having more of the screen time where as Charlotte was just reading the headlines. There is presumably as set amount of time they have to have adverts so there is not much you can do about that.

Probably a bit late now given how long she's got left but couldn't they swap Susanna and Charlotte over occasionally and it seemed to work well with Kate and Charlotte together last week, assume of Friday if it is Ranvir then she will take up the left hand chair with Charlotte in the centre chair.

There must be some form of psychology as to why they've changed the order of the presenters?

As for a cushy life as a TV presenter? Not sure I could endure getting up at 02:45 in the morning, although agreed they're on their way home whilst I'm still on my 3rd cup of tea of the morning - think I remember seeing Charlotte leaving the studios just after 10.

Susanna has tweeted that her alarm goes off at 3:30 so you would think the quickest she could be at the studios for is around 4.00am and that's pushing it! She has also tweeted a few times around 9.30am that she is leaving ITV studios so it would seem to be a 5 1/2 hour shift max with probably an hour of that sat in the make up/hair chair while reading scripts? They might as well have to do some research at home but I imagine they will also have a lot of ITV researchers/script writers doing most of the leg work. Also occasionally they go to award bashes, odd promotion work and film premieres which I suppose is technically work but a normal 4 day week would appear to be around 22hrs.
    I think that's pretty cushy even with the early start, having said that Susanna has worked her way from the bottom to get where she is and I suppose the odds for anyone starting out as a trainee reporter and then climbing the ladder to land a main breakfast presenting gig must be pretty poor at the offset. I imagine it is fiercely competitive, lots of back biting, jealousy etc.. also probably a bit of luck needed along the way i.e. right time right place etc..
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont think psychology was involved,Susanna was main presenter at Breakfast,Charlotte was co-host on sunrise,GMB pays them more money to do the job they did on their previous shows.
    Only prediction I would make for 2015 is for the newshour to return presented by John and Ranvir.
    My reason for saying newshour may return is on the basis of the news ticker is now on between 6am and 7am as it was when daybreak was on.

No news ticker at all this morning
  • Options
    conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks better without that thing moving along the bottom
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    conceptas wrote: »
    Looks better without that thing moving along the bottom

That's no way to describe Richard Arnold:D
  • Options
    conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :o:D
  • Options
    zak_gzak_g Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    I like GMB but come the new year i feel there will be no desk, a red sofa and a lot more orange! Personally, i think the graphics do look better but i think there was no real need to axe the ticker and even if they have permanently , why leave the other graphics floating :confused:
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zak_g wrote: »
    I like GMB but come the new year i feel there will be no desk, a red sofa and a lot more orange! Personally, i think the graphics do look better but i think there was no real need to axe the ticker and even if they have permanently , why leave the other graphics floating :confused:

The only other graphic floating is the logo and clock and the clock is has too stay
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ranvir is back on the ITV news tonight
  • Options
    Bob_KnoobbBob_Knoobb Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the present wrapping segment this morning did not really need the fake acting bit where Kate 'accidentally' got some sellotape in her hair. Are these 'accidents' (e.g. putting sugar into a glass of coke and pretending to be shocked when it flows over the top) the only way GMB can create interest in the show. Is this kind of Tom and Jerry bollocks really the way to make the show successful? It seems they are trying to drive internet chatter/You Tube views about the show? maybe this is what the advertisers need these days?

This is quite interesting from the ITV webpage for advertisers who potentially want to advertise on GMB. The ITV sales team have "a close working relationship with our editorial team which means that we are in a unique position to tie-in advertising with programming content. http://www.itvmedia.co.uk/opportunities/tv-advertising/Good-Morning-Britain-opportunities/advertising-opportunities-on-breakfast
    So it seems basically the content of the show can be changed to meet the needs of the advertisers. Maybe this why GMB are trying to make the show about the presenters rather than the content? If people tune in to watch the presenters rather than the content than ITV will possibly be in a better position to use the content to flog stuff?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »

I am sure Ranvir has realised by now that is where her career lies
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good Morning Shoppers.

On the GMB website the advertise the clothes Susanna,Charlotte and Kate wear and where you can get them.
  • Options
    kelvokelvo Posts: 3,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

what shifts must they work if she's on News at Ten tonight and then presenting GMB in the morning?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to Ranvir's twitter page she had a clothing problem and had to borrow something from Laura to put on for the ITV news

https://mobile.twitter.com/ranvir01/status/545640262736039937

I dont know what she borrowed but Ranvir is much more curvier than Laura so I doubt it was a dress or top. But Ranvir did post saying she could have ended up hosting the news in an xmas jumper so it must have been a dress or top or it might not have actually belonged to Laura. Anyway Well done Laura for saving the day.

Ranvir is back on GMB tomorrow
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder how many more changes GMB are going to make before before it reaches its 1st birthday?

Just read an interview peter fincham did with the mirror back in may where he days it will take GMB up to 9 months to get up to the breakfast figures.Not long to go :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ben off again today John Standing in,good to see Ranvir back behind the desk.
  • Options
    zak_gzak_g Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    The only other graphic floating is the logo and clock and the clock is has too stay
    Understood :) the screen does look strange without all of those graphics!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radiotimes listings
    December 22nd Ben,Susanna and Charlotte
    December 23rd Ben,Susanna and Kate
    December 24th Ben,Charlotte and Ranvir

A three day week and Susanna and Charlotte still get a day off.
  • Options
    teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biggest surprise is Lorraine listed as presenting Lorraine over the holiday not Kate!

Great news for those who normally can't get to see the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    teeswolf wrote: »
    Biggest surprise is Lorraine listed as presenting Lorraine over the holiday not Kate!

I take it will be pre recorded
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    teeswolf wrote: »

Lorraine seemed a little surprised herself when she read the autocue saying she'd 'be back next week'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I take it will be pre recorded

Or coming live from her mansion in Dundee ?