Options

CS - when Tony and Tracy's affair is exposed

2»

Comments

• Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do affairs always need to be exposed though. Many people have affairs, both long term and short lived, and they are never found out.

But you're talking about real life - a completely different thing.

The only point of an affair in a soap is that at some stage it'll be exposed. In the meantime the writers can have "fun" with the umpteen times they're nearly discovered.
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    babelogue wrote: »
    I'm hoping for a monumental cat fight between Liz and Tracey. Shame Deirdre's not around for it, I could really see her siding with Liz and sighing at Tracey.

Yes I'd have liked to have seen Deirdre's reaction. :(
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    But you're talking about real life - a completely different thing.

The only point of an affair in a soap is that at some stage it'll be exposed. In the meantime the writers can have "fun" with the umpteen times they're nearly discovered.

I agree with you entirely, if the producers of any soap created a long term affair and no one found out, people will get bored.
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    foxy23 wrote: »
    Its a tedious affair.
    Don't like Tony, loathe Tracey and don't have much love for Liz so I have no interest in the fall-out unfortunately.

Ditto
  • Options
    ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    ewoodie wrote: »
    You've been reading The Corrie Guide to Let's Repeat The Same Clichéd Old Crap Reactions ad infinitum haven't you?!

Good post and it is a shame that our Deirdre won't be there to say 'Oh, Tracyluv'. :(

Or, "do something Ken!" :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After tonight's corrie, Liz is obviously going to throttle Tracy in the wake of the affair
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want a proper bitch fight in public view
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Tracy will smirk and brag about Tony's bedroom skills.

Liz will give her just one slap (when she should be repeatedly slamming Tracy's head on the Rovers bar).

Tony will get a slap from Liz and get thrown out.

Ken will roll his eyes and sigh at Tracy, only to end up forgiving her.

Tracy will continue to smirk.
    Spot on Hound. :cool:

Eileen will boast about how Tony can't be trusted, upset Jason will make an attempt to wash his hands off him and Todd in the corner will smirk. ;-)
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kazza81 wrote: »
    After tonight's corrie, Liz is obviously going to throttle Tracy in the wake of the affair

Last night is pretty much what I expect of their big confrontation when the affair is exposed. Of course the publicity will make it sound like a big fight, but will just consist of Liz's hammy overacting whilst someone (probably) Steve holds her back and Tracy stands there gurning. Throw in Michelle who will tilt her head, and snarl at Tracy.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last night is pretty much what I expect of their big confrontation when the affair is exposed. Of course the publicity will make it sound like a big fight, but will just consist of Liz's hammy overacting whilst someone (probably) Steve holds her back and Tracy stands there gurning. Throw in Michelle who will tilt her head, and snarl at Tracy.

Exactly!

bib: Steve might also say "Leave her, Mum, she isn't worth it."
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liz will dunk TracyLuv's head into a bowl of Betty's Hotpot.
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liz's acting in that confrontation scene at Barlows' Buys was terrible beyond belief. It was as bad, if not worse than her pinning Peter up against the wall in the Rovers gents, warning him not to go near Tina. #grannymcdonald
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liz's acting in that confrontation scene at Barlows' Buys was terrible beyond belief. It was as bad, if not worse than her pinning Peter up against the wall in the Rovers gents, warning him not to go near Tina. #grannymcdonald

Don't forget the time Andrea's husband climbed onto the Rovers roof, and she threatened Dev not to take away the ladder to help Tim down from the roof of Sally's house, and was yelling out the window.

Annoying character.
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Yes I'd have liked to have seen Deirdre's reaction. :(

Me too! :(

She would say "Oh, TRACY!!!!!!!!"or"TRACYLUV!!!!!!!!!!!!!"