Options

Katie Hopkins and the "it's all an act" excuse.

SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So was it also an act when she split 3 marriages up ?

People who believe that she is putting it all on just for publicity and that she doesn't really mean it need to stop deluding themselves, the woman is a nasty piece of work.

All of her opinions always seem to upset people. Maybe she is just jealous. She is a 40 year old woman who looks like a 70 year old, maybe she is bitter about it so has to put other people down. She attacks fat people, ginger people, her own daughters looks, women who get plastic surgery, women who look good, poor people and she just happens to get with 3 different men who are married, maybe she is so bitter and twisted that she can't stand to see other people happy so she ruins their lives.

Even if it was an all an act, which it isn't, the things she says are still really hurtful to people. It's like me going up to a black person and calling them the N word, or going up to a gay person and calling them a **** and then saying "it's ok, it's all just an act". No, it's still very wrong.

She talks about the world being too PC. I agree, it is too PC, but the only reason she uses this excuse is so she can keep being the bitter nasty person that she is. It really is pathetic that people celebrate this kind of person. It's seems to be a common thing these days.

Comments

• Options
    Oracles_eyeOracles_eye Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »

People who believe that she is putting it all on just for publicity and that she doesn't really mean it need to stop deluding themselves, the woman is a nasty piece of work.

All of her opinions always seem to upset people. Maybe she is just jealous. She is a 40 year old woman who looks like a 70 year old, maybe she is bitter about it so has to put other people down. She attacks fat people, ginger people, her own daughters looks, women who get plastic surgery, women who look good, poor people and she just happens to get with 3 different men who are married, maybe she is so bitter and twisted that she can't stand to see other people happy so she ruins their lives.

Even if it was an all an act, which it isn't, the things she says are still really hurtful to people. It's like me going up to a black person and calling them the N word, or going up to a gay person and calling them a **** and then saying "it's ok, it's all just an act". No, it's still very wrong.

She talks about the world being too PC. I agree, it is too PC, but the only reason she uses this excuse is so she can keep being the bitter nasty person that she is. It really is pathetic that people celebrate this kind of person. It's seems to be a common thing these days.

I love how you didn't say the N word but found it acceptable to say the F word.
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love how you didn't say the N word but found it acceptable to say the F word.

I know what this site is like. I have no problem writing the N word in the context that i would have been using it in, but if i did i would have been banned for sure. It seems that no matter what context you use it in you are still not allowed to say/write it. **** seems to be different for some reason.
  • Options
    Oracles_eyeOracles_eye Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know what this site is like. I have no problem writing the N word in the context that i would have been using it in, but if i did i would have been banned for sure. It seems that no matter what context you use it in you are still not allowed to say/write it. **** seems to be different for some reason.

It's the argument I have with so many people, surely all words are about context and meaning.

But then you will always have someone who finds offense about anything.
  • Options
    HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The key is to start seeing good 'ol KH for what she really is.

A Z-List celeb, trying to be looked at as a 'serious middle class women'. LOL :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

good post
  • Options
    JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I like your style. Pity the only comment is about using the F word. Your post deserves support. I find it difficult to imagine what sort of people actually condone this women. What a sad society this is. Getting too facists for me on this forum.
  • Options
    NightFallsNightFalls Posts: 8,596
    Forum Member
    Jennyloo wrote: »
    I like your style. Pity the only comment is about using the F word. Your post deserves support. I find it difficult to imagine what sort of people actually condone this women. What a sad society this is. Getting too facists for me on this forum.

I absolutely agree with you. The Hopkins admirers who support and condone her nastiness with huge cheesy smilies at the end of their posts makes me despair. Too many of them on this forum, go back to 2007 and before and they were few and far between.:(
  • Options
    Ms Ann ThropeMs Ann Thrope Posts: 7,213
    Forum Member
    I don't think most people who support her realise what she is about. They like the fact that she speaks her mind, and she goes after the same soft targets as the Daily Mail. The sick, the poor, the poorly educated, the old.

The kind of society she would admire would be one where the elite (of which she would be one, of course) were allowed to exploit everyone else without any kind of control on their behaviour, and everyone else had to be grateful to them for being so magnanimous in allowing them to live at all.

Why does she not go after the bankers and financiers who have effed up the world, people ask? Well, she admires them for being ruthless takers, and would probably choose to be one if she could actually do maths.

She's Thatcher-lite. I was reading a clip from an article on here the other day in which she proudly admitted to being a snob and stated that she doesn't see the point in social mobility. Why not just hand the top jobs straight to the 'clever' ones from the top private schools? Why bother spending loads of money trying to educate the lower orders and give them a chance, when all the chances should be given to the children of those who already have plenty of advantages?

So, if you went to a state school and ever had any ambition to better yourself, in supporting KH you are a turkey voting for Christmas.

She's the self appointed mouthpiece of the Tory elite, and that's why I find it so puzzling that anyone on here would support her, as it would surprise me greatly to learn that her supporters on this forum went to Eton or Charterhouse.

Wise up, sheeple. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    It's the argument I have with so many people, surely all words are about context and meaning.

But then you will always have someone who finds offense about anything.

I like this
    Context can at times get lost or misconstrued in text messages I prefer face to face discussions but I love what you said
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good post, OP. What a pathetic existence she has, really. She might not think so but to be known mainly as being someone who is cold, cruel and vindictive (nonsense that she 'is only telling it as it is'). The irony is that she is scathing of those she regards as misfits, oddballs or abnormal in some way while being a needy, desperate attention-seeker herself.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    I don't think most people who support her realise what she is about. They like the fact that she speaks her mind, and she goes after the same soft targets as the Daily Mail. The sick, the poor, the poorly educated, the old.

The kind of society she would admire would be one where the elite (of which she would be one, of course) were allowed to exploit everyone else without any kind of control on their behaviour, and everyone else had to be grateful to them for being so magnanimous in allowing them to live at all.

Why does she not go after the bankers and financiers who have effed up the world, people ask? Well, she admires them for being ruthless takers, and would probably choose to be one if she could actually do maths.

She's Thatcher-lite. I was reading a clip from an article on here the other day in which she proudly admitted to being a snob and stated that she doesn't see the point in social mobility. Why not just hand the top jobs straight to the 'clever' ones from the top private schools? Why bother spending loads of money trying to educate the lower orders and give them a chance, when all the chances should be given to the children of those who already have plenty of advantages?

So, if you went to a state school and ever had any ambition to better yourself, in supporting KH you are a turkey voting for Christmas.

She's the self appointed mouthpiece of the Tory elite, and that's why I find it so puzzling that anyone on here would support her, as it would surprise me greatly to learn that her supporters on this forum went to Eton or Charterhouse.

That's a good post but you do realise that according to Hopkins supporters it's pretty evident that you only wrote that because you're fat.

That's how simplistic it is.:(
  • Options
    zolugzolug Posts: 2,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Great post.
  • Options
    BonniekiltyBonniekilty Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Great post.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

{snip]

Yup, spot on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 306
    Forum Member

Great post! I think people seem to forget that Hopkins a woman who has made a fortune from insulting the very people who are suddenly 'admiring' her or actually spending their money on voting for her. Oh and her obsessive hatred of Perez is a control issue, nothing more nothing less.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even if it was just an act, what would that say about she said about the Scottish health worker who contracted Ebola?
    Am I supposed to applaud her for 'telling it like it is' and that 'she's only saying what everyone else is thinking'?
    At what point do you say it's an act so it's just harmless fun?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Great post! I think people seem to forget that Hopkins a woman who has made a fortune from insulting the very people who are suddenly 'admiring' her or actually spending their money on voting for her. Oh and her obsessive hatred of Perez is a control issue, nothing more nothing less.

Exactly. Personally, I don't find anything admirable about her or her views, she's living in the 1980s. Gordon Gecko and Margaret Thatcher's love child.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's a good post but you do realise that according to Hopkins supporters it's pretty evident that you only wrote that because you're fat.

That's how simplistic it is.:(

I can't imagine there are many people in the country who don't fit into one or other of her hate categories. :o
  • Options
    p381p381 Posts: 5,936
    Forum Member
    I agree with the OP.
    This "tongue in cheek", it's "all an act" thing is just an excuse to say nasty things about people.
    Awful woman.
    I don't even care if she wins BB. After Helen Woods winning last year - winning it means nothing any more.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Good post, OP. What a pathetic existence she has, really. She might not think so but to be known mainly as being someone who is cold, cruel and vindictive (nonsense that she 'is only telling it as it is'). The irony is that she is scathing of those she regards as misfits, oddballs or abnormal in some way while being a needy, desperate attention-seeker herself.

BIB - and those she thinks are not very bright or clever. She picked on Alicia because she obviously saw her as rather slow and someone who didn't bite back. When Alicia was evicted she moved on to Patsy who immediately put her in her place by asking why she was questioning her - she didn't try it again with Patsy. In my view KH is a classic bully.
  • Options
    SurferfishSurferfish Posts: 7,659
    Forum Member

Agreed. She despises the working class/underclass for being lazy, fat, uneducated etc while at the same time promoting the very classist, elitist system that brings these things about! If people at the bottom of a soical hierarchy have no hope or opportunity to achieve, succeed, make a decent life for themselves and become a valued respected member of society then it stands to reason they'll exhibit those sort of negative characterisitcs.

She's even worse than Thatcher IMO (who was bad enough!). Thatcher also supported inequality and an elitist society but at least she thought that hard working bright individuals from the lower echelons should have an opportunity to succeed. Hopkins doesn't even allow for that!

Hopkins is also far less intelligent than she seems to think she is. Didn't she even struggle with her 9 times table the other week?
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There have been a few excuses made for her. "It's all an act", "she's just joking" and "She's just telling it like it is" being the main ones. Yet, none of those are even slightly decent excuses for the things she says.

I'd have more respect for some of her supporters if they were big enough to admit that she's just not a nice person, instead of trying to hide behind ridiculous, and contradictory, excuses. But then, the great woman herself can't even bring herself to bear the responsibility of her own words and actions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    johnF1971 wrote: »
    Agreed. She despises the working class/underclass for being lazy, fat, uneducated etc while at the same time promoting the very classist, elitist system that brings these things about! If people at the bottom of a soical hierarchy have no hope or opportunity to achieve, succeed, make a decent life for themselves and become a valued respected member of society then it stands to reason they'll exhibit those sort of negative characterisitcs.

She's even worse than Thatcher IMO (who was bad enough!). Thatcher also supported inequality and an elitist society but at least she thought that hard working bright individuals from the lower echelons should have an opportunity to succeed. Hopkins doesn't even allow for that!

Hopkins is also far less intelligent than she seems to think she is. Didn't she even struggle with her 9 times table the other week?

Exactly. She herself is a prime example of why the government absolutely does need to spend billions promoting social mobility and the education of the 'lower orders' because otherwise all positions of authority would be filled by loons like Hopkins who have been helped into the top jobs in spite of not being up to it.

Plenty of wealthy people are able to pay for their children to be expensively educated and to get them into good jobs, but that still doesn't mean they are the best or that they are even very clever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There have been a few excuses made for her. "It's all an act", "she's just joking" and "She's just telling it like it is" being the main ones. Yet, none of those are even slightly decent excuses for the things she says.

I'd have more respect for some of her supporters if they were big enough to admit that she's just not a nice person, instead of trying to hide behind ridiculous, and contradictory, excuses. But then, the great woman herself can't even bring herself to bear the responsibility of her own words and actions.

I even read one this morning that claims she is a nice person. PMSL No she isn't.

I'm sure a lot of her supporters would have more to say on the subject if not for the fact that this board is heavily moderated and they would be seriously in breach of the T & Cs. Which no doubt annoys any of the free speech brigade, but as we have previously experienced the anarchic carnage on other unmoderated boards at least makes for a forum where everyone can feel relatively safe to voice their opinions without receiving death threats.
  • Options
    dialecticdialectic Posts: 6,949
    Forum Member
    She claims herself it's not done for affect:
    Do you really believe all of the things that you say? That's an easy way to dismiss someone. I completely understand why it would be comfortable to dismiss someone who is disagreeing with something you're saying as 'just doing it for effect'. But I think that's simplistic, because you would have to question why some gobby blonde bird from the south west of England says something that gets 17 million people viewing it. You have to be savvier than it just being controversial. It has to connect with something that a lot of people think or definitely don't think. So something like me saying, "I would never call my child Tyler because that's a ridiculous name", we know that a lot of us think that when we call our child Hector or Sebastian; we have an idea of where that name will take us in life. - See more at: http://bigbrother.channel5.com/housemate/katie-hopkins#sthash.xotle5Yl.dpuf
    From her profile on official CBB
    http://bigbrother.channel5.com/housemate/katie-hopkins