Immigration warning-80 million population in UK

allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
Forum Member
✭✭
Migration Watch chairman says that if immigration continues in the way it's currently going, The UK population is going to hit 80 million.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2974023/The-UK-population-going-hit-EIGHTY-MILLION-current-rates-immigration-continue-says-Migrationwatch-chairman.html#ixzz3T9NveVuD

Comments

• MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No sugar Sherlock. Is anyone surprised at this?
  • niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allaorta wrote: »
    Migration Watch chairman says that if immigration continues in the way it's currently going, The UK population is going to hit 80 million.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2974023/The-UK-population-going-hit-EIGHTY-MILLION-current-rates-immigration-continue-says-Migrationwatch-chairman.html#ixzz3T9NveVuD

Without any organisation behind me, I can confidently predict that if immigration continues the way is currently going it will hit 100 million, then 200 million and then 300 million.

Really, do we need these people to state the blindingly obvious?
  • PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe immigration will hit 400 million.
  • crystalladcrystallad Posts: 3,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he is stating how high the number is! Its Discussing when we are cutting back services not spending more!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without any organisation behind me, I can confidently predict that if immigration continues the way is currently going it will hit 100 million, then 200 million and then 300 million.

And how do you feel about the increase?
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The government won't be happy until we're Japan - everyone living in high rise rabbit hutches and gardens only for the rich.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the current population is a lot higher than the official figures.
  • PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    And how do you feel about the increase?

me, not happy but we can't deport the christians to rome or muslims to saudi.
  • tahititahiti Posts: 3,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow the population will rise. A bit like the last 2000 years. Who would have thought it.
  • TeeGeeTeeGee Posts: 5,772
    Forum Member
    crystallad wrote: »
    I think he is stating how high the number is! Its Discussing when we are cutting back services not spending more!

We should be cutting back services to those who do not contribute towards them . If we do then they might decide that another country is a better bet, or stay at home in the first place.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tahiti wrote: »
    Wow the population will rise. A bit like the last 2000 years. Who would have thought it.

As someone in favour of unlimited immigration do you think there should be a ceiling or just let as many people as possible come here?
  • TomWhittonTomWhitton Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did he work that one out on a calculator then?
  • TomWhittonTomWhitton Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, I reckon it's gonna be 7, 777, 777 exactly.
  • SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    And the only political party prepared to address the issue is UKIP. Forget all of the rest, they will promise this that and the other and do not very much when it really comes down to it.
  • deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_England

2001 - 2011 is the highest population increase since 1911.

Most of it is driven either by immigration or the children of immigrants.

Unless the higher population is rich, the welfare state will implode.
  • tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    Stegan wrote: »
    And the only political party prepared to address the issue is UKIP. Forget all of the rest, they will promise this that and the other and do not very much when it really comes down to it.

Ukip can make promises but like all parties will break the promise.
  • deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tim59 wrote: »

UKIP have said they will cap permanent settlement for work visas to 50,000 per year. That is quite easy to do. Even if they lost an EU referendum I'm not sure automatic settlement for EU citizens is a treaty right. It may be a directive.

The mistake we always make is to invite unskilled,/low skilled/low wage workers here and allow them to stay, then allow them to bring over more people via secondary family migration.

The should be on fixed term contracts with no right to change job or stay beyond a fixed term.
  • SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member

Well, that's true - they may break promises. However, we know it for a fact where Labour and the Conservatives are concerned.
  • HillmanImpHillmanImp Posts: 2,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can fit the entire worlds population into Surrey.
    If they all lived in 10 floor tower blocks you would only need 1/10th of Surrey.

80 million people is more or less nothing.
    We should be aiming for 500 million - minimum!
  • angarrackangarrack Posts: 5,493
    Forum Member

Unless people vote UKIP we will never know.

At least their policy of leaving the EU gives the UK a chance to control immigration. There is no chance at all of doing so with the other Parties, as we have seen.
  • tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    UKIP have said they will cap permanent settlement for work visas to 50,000 per year. That is quite easy to do. Even if they lost an EU referendum I'm not sure automatic settlement for EU citizens is a treaty right. It may be a directive.

The mistake we always make is to invite unskilled,/low skilled/low wage workers here and allow them to stay, then allow them to bring over more people via secondary family migration.

The should be on fixed term contracts with no right to change job or stay beyond a fixed term.

So sounds very anti buisness, not good for the uk sounds easier to move the jobs out of the job lot less hassle.
  • allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tahiti wrote: »

Well you would of course but you wouldn't have a clue of how to deal with the precipitated problems.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As previously, they are stating it for a reason. Despite governments and people like you poo-pooing their efforts to warn of the dangers, they have been consistently right.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HillmanImp wrote: »
    You can fit the entire worlds population into Surrey.
    If they all lived in 10 floor tower blocks you would only need 1/10th of Surrey.

80 million people is more or less nothing.
    We should be aiming for 500 million - minimum!

Yep, I remember you starting a ridiculed thread on that very premise.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Based on the estimates of one major supermarket we may have already hit 80 million based on food consumption patterns. You don't need to show an NI number or ID to shop at Tesco.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/comment/city-eye-facts-on-a-plate-our-population-is-at-least-77-million-395428.html

Our current figures rely on census estimates - and if you aren't here legally you are hardly going to engage with that process.
  • HillmanImpHillmanImp Posts: 2,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Based on the estimates of one major supermarket we may have already hit 80 million based on food consumption patterns. You don't need to show an NI number or ID to shop at Tesco.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/comment/city-eye-facts-on-a-plate-our-population-is-at-least-77-million-395428.html

Double that in Summer.