David Walliams marriage split !!

conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
Forum Member
✭✭
Tomorrow's Sun headline from Dan Wooton. Thought they seemed happy and have a small child. Sad news.

Comments

• SupercellSupercell Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/britain_got_talent/6354609/EXCLUSIVE-BGT-judge-and-comic-David-Walliams-splits-with-wife-Lara-Stone.html

Obviously behind a paywall.... They seem to be making it sound mutual rather than blaming each other....
  • waz101waz101 Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm Big old Queen splits from Beard wife- Not hugely surprised
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose the gay rumours will start again...
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Menu

Walliams splits with wifeWORLD EXCLUSIVE: Lara leaves BGT judge David, taking with her baby Alfred & dog Bert
    David Walliams and wife Lara Stone
    David Walliams and wife Lara have split, after marrying in 2010 ALPHA
    WORLD EXCLUSIVE
    By DAN WOOTTON, Head of Showbiz
    37 minutes ago
    Share...
    DAVID Walliams and his supermodel wife Lara Stone have split, The Sun can exclusively reveal.

The Britain’s Got Talent judge, 43, was “devastated” last night after he agreed to a trial separation and the Calvin Klein model, 31, quit their London home — taking their baby son Alfred and dog Bert.

It comes less than two years after Lara, who wed the Little Britain star in 2010, gave birth to his son Alfred.

A showbiz source said as the camp TV comic’s friends reeled from the love split which has left him heartbroken: “David has been putting on a brave face.

“But people close to him are very worried because they know he’s devastated.”

David and Lara with Bert at Scott's restaurant in Mayfair, London, 2012
    David and Lara with Bert at Scott's restaurant in Mayfair, London, 2012 REX

Walliams, 43 — who wed the 31-year-old Calvin Klein beauty less than five years ago — is believed to have agreed to a trial separation.

The marriage split comes less than two years after Lara gave birth to their son.

The source said of her moving out their North London home: “It has stunned David’s friends and TV colleagues.

“Everyone thought the marriage was strong.

“David is used to hiding his emotions with comedy because that’s what he’s always done.

“But on the inside it is a real wrench.”

The past six months, during which husband and wife are believed to have drifted apart, has seen the pair barely ever seen out in public together.

David cops a feel in St Tropez in 2011
    David cops a feel in St Tropez in 2011 OPTICPHOTOS.COM

The last major event they attended as a couple was Sir Elton John’s wedding to David Furnish on December 21, where Lara gave no clue to any trouble in her marriage.

A snap she posted online bore the caption: “Me and David today #ShareTheLove.”

Two days later they met the London theatre cast of Edward Scissorhands, where the last public photograph of the couple together was taken.

Britain’s Got Talent judge Walliams still hopes to patch things up.

The source said: “David hopes it is a blip and that they can get the marriage back on track somehow, especially seeing as there is a child involved. He is still fiercely protective of Lara.”

In January, there was increased speculation about the couple’s relationship when Lara featured in a controversial Calvin Klein photoshoot with Justin Bieber.

David Walliams
    Start of couple's smokin' hot romance in 2009 XPOSUREPHOTOS.COM

She and the pop heart-throb, 21, posed in a number of sexually provocative positions for an ad campaign, sparking a deluge of threats from Bieber’s fans.

Her Little Britain star husband jokingly put a doctored image on the web showing his own face in place of Bieber’s.

Walliams quipped in a tweet: “Why has someone photoshopped @justinbieber’s head onto what is clearly my body?”

Less than a year ago Lara, who has also worked for L’Oreal, described how life with Walliams was idyllic.

David and Lara

She gushed in a July interview: “We’ve just bought a house together and we’ve got this lovely baby and lovely dog, and everything is so nice.”

Reflecting on how the couple got together, she said: “I wasn’t that interested in having a boyfriend at the time.

“David had been pursuing me, then he stopped and a few months later I thought maybe we should go on a date. We got on really well, fell in love and the rest is history.”

Her father told how besotted Walliams set out to woo Lara by romantically filling her home with flowers.

Their first date is believed to have been at a Chelsea football match back in March 2009.

Pair on wedding day at Claridge's in 2010
    Pair on wedding day at Claridge's in 2010 Richard Young/ELTON JOHN AIDS FOUNDATION

By September they were officially an item after alcoholic Lara underwent a stint in rehab.

A whirlwind romance saw Walliams pop the question on a holiday in Los Angeles.

The delighted couple announced their engagement on January 20, 2010 and got hitched in a lavish London ceremony at Claridge’s hotel that May. Lara wore a £30,000 cream dress.

Guests included Sir Elton, Russell Brand and Stephen Fry. Less than two years later Lara was pregnant.

Pair pose as Sir Elton gets hitched
    Pair pose as Sir Elton gets hitched

The couple announced they were expecting their first child in November 2012 and she gave birth to Alfred on May 6.

As recently as January the comic was declaring on Twitter how lucky he was to have Lara as his wife.

He posted a picture of her and model Rosie Huntington Whitely together, describing them as “the two hottest women on the planet”.

Thrilled Lara shared the tweet. Weeks later on February 4 her hubby re-tweeted a plea from his wife for people to vote for her in a modelling competition.

Lara was not the first beauty Walliams had dated.

MY-CALVINS
    Lara poses with Bieber — and hubby's Joke, right Calvin Klein

Before meeting her he earned himself a reputation as a ladies’ man and was linked to Geri Halliwell and Abi Titmuss.

Glamour model Abi, now 39, enjoyed a series of dates with the womaniser back in 2004.

Other conquests are said to have included Patsy Kensit and Lisa Snowdon.

Walliams was in a relationship with 18-year-old Lauren Budd before he met his wife-to-be.
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Supercell wrote: »
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/britain_got_talent/6354609/EXCLUSIVE-BGT-judge-and-comic-David-Walliams-splits-with-wife-Lara-Stone.html

Obviously behind a paywall.... They seem to be making it sound mutual rather than blaming each other....

He looks like her dad in that photo. That's the problem when these lecherous older men marry young. He's developing that sagging middle-aged look while she's still in her prime.
  • Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    I suppose the gay rumours will start again...

They ain't rumours, really irks me that people still feel the need to be so far in the closet they are in Narnia, nothing shameful about being gay and out, it's 2015 not 1815.

That coupling and marriage was not fooling anyone especially within showbiz circles.
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shappy wrote: »
    He looks like her dad in that photo. That's the problem when these lecherous older men marry young. He's developing that sagging middle-aged look while she's still in her prime.

He's actually only 11/12 years older than her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They ain't rumours, really irks me that people still feel the need to be so far in the closet they are in Narnia, nothing shameful about being gay and out, it's 2015 not 1815.

That coupling and marriage was not fooling anyone especially within showbiz circles.

Why would he need to be in the closet and have a fake marriage? His success doesn't depend on it as he's not an American Hollywood actor trying to get lead roles in family films nor a boyband heartthrob.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's actually only 11/12 years older than her.

That may be, but he's been around the block several hundred times and gained the weathered look of a much older man. Of course it's not all about looks but he did chase very young women (some even teens) before Lara so I don't think it was intellect or a meeting of the minds that he was after.

He comes across as quite narcissistic and I imagine the marriage was very crowded with him and his ego.
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shappy wrote: »
    Why would he need to be in the closet and have a fake marriage? His success doesn't depend on it as he's not an American Hollywood actor trying to get lead roles in family films nor a boyband heartthrob.

He also has a very openly gay comedy partner which also makes it very unlikely that he would be a closet case.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He also has a very openly gay comedy partner which also makes it very unlikely that he would be a closet case.

When was the last time he worked with said comedy partner?

Are they still officially together?

Note for Comic Relief, its not Lou & Andy but Lou & Stephen Hawking!
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,983
    Forum Member
    Interesting how Walliams is declared to be 'devastated' and 'putting on a brave face' no suggestion his wife was forced due to unbearable circumstances to leave the marital home and take their child & dog with her.

Is this article the truth or a PR exercise to paint Walliams as the hurt individual ?

Look what we are told, that Lara is an alcoholic, the hint that the photoshoot with Justin Beiber was the last straw, how loving Walliams is having filled her home with flowers, yet she walked out on him taking the child & dog.
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Never saw Williams as a "ladies man"! Always thought he was gay so was surprised to see he had married. Very sad news. Cannot believe that his wife is an alcoholic, not everything is true! The newspapers seem to print what they like today, never bother to check their facts before going into print. Always admired David for swimming the channel, watched the programme on his training and it was very impressive.
  • BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    File under "News that isn't news".

Walliams' confusion over his sexual orientation is common (and old) knowledge in the circles he moves in.
  • Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    If I was as camp as DW and gay then I can't imagine ever even considering hiding the fact. I mean, everyone expects him to be gay from the get go so why bother with all the pretending? It's not as if he's some Disney teen heartthrob whose career depends on 15 year old girls fancying him and him being outed would lead to his career nosediving. So I think he's probably straight and just very camp. But I don't actually care one way or the other (I know - I shouldn't comment in that case but I started writing and here I am!). It's difficult to imagine him caring either to be honest. I could be wrong - that's just my impression of him.

I'm not really a fan of his shows (and Matt Lucas' new show looks similarly terrible and in the same vein judging by the quick advert I saw the other day) but I do actually think he's pretty funny and witty in person and he obviously has talent. He's a good interviewee. He would actually be good as an interviewer I think. I also heard he was very good in the Kenneth Williams thing he did but I never saw that for myself.
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Outwardly, David seems very comfortable in his skin and with who he is. I'd be surprised if he's acting these parts to hide his sexuality behind. Having said that like many comedians, maybe the over the top and larger than life persona, may be masking a few challenges on the inside.
  • Claire_BryantClaire_Bryant Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    I also heard he was very good in the Kenneth Williams thing he did but I never saw that for myself.[/QUOTE]

I think you mean Frankie Howerd.
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Lara Stone is a recovering alcoholic, not an active alcoholic, unless she's relapsed. Even so, I doubt that would be the cause of the marriage split. I would imagine David Walliams would support her if that happened.

I don't think he's gay and struggling with his sexuality, perhaps one or the other has met someone else.
  • starkitten1982starkitten1982 Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    Nobody's business apart from their own.

I'm sure they will continue to provide a loving family environment for their son regardless of if they are together or not.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody's business apart from their own.

I'm sure they will continue to provide a loving family environment for their son regardless of if they are together or not.

Awww.
    The only post in this thread with any level of compassion.:(

Its always sad when a relationship collapses and I wish them both happiness in the future.
  • St. AnthonySt. Anthony Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw David out on Primrose Hill about a year ago, with his shades on pushing the pram.

Sad story, I was surprised not so much that he got married, but that he got with a seemingly "slightly wild" (at the time) model type.

I thought he would settle down with a nice Jewish girl.

Or a fellow talent judge...
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah well, these things happen.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deleted- repetition
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slightly off-topic but has anyone considered the possibility that David might be bisexual? Sexuality isn't always an either/or situation. People forget that.
  • Lee_BromleyLee_Bromley Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    Never really believed this relationship was any more credible than the Cristiano/Irina, Ashley/Cheryl, Lewis/Nicole smokescreen-type pairings, but feel sad that so many of these people feel they need to be seen in heterosexual relationships.

I always found it odd that there has never been a single photo of them with their (imaginary?) baby. A quick glance at Google images and 'David Walliams and Lara Stone with their baby/child' brings up thousands of images - but not one of their child. Just a couple of them with a pram and several with their dog. It's one thing to not want to parade a child around, like Mr Cowell does, but for there to be not a single picture of them seems more than peculiar.

Perhaps he'll go on to marry his agent (like Dec is doing) or his assistant (like Paul McKenna has), or get a friend's wife to have an actual baby for him, like his BGT boss has done, and continue to live a lie.