Talksport Chat (part 2)

Comments

• currysockscurrysocks Posts: 1,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k-bola wrote: »
    Sadly these points will be lost on Billy as he hunches over his old wireless trying to pick up the BBC and lamenting on the old days spent down the pits before drinking a pint of bitter.

Luckily TalkSport (broadcasting all 64 matches from the FIFA World Cup) is a modern and fresh sports based station broadcasting bloke based banter to the younger generations and we can leave Billy to listen to his boring old radio 5 and eat his Hovis bread and fagots.

For once you're probably right.Billy probably carries a caged
    budgie around the house to check for carbon-monoxide and has a now redundant pit-pony grazing in his garden.

Bitter was probably twenty pence a pint back in "them days."

Damn that Margaret,she also closed Billy's Working Men's club when she brought in the smoking ban.

If TS had been around during the miner's strike who do you think they'd have supported?
  • The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    La Rhumba wrote: »
    I'm pleased to read on another thread that Goldie is gainfully employed elsewhere this week, meaning we have El Presidente on overnights 1-6am.

Spotted this and just thought I'd clear this up for anyone who had missed the other thread on DigitalSpy about this one.

Adrian Goldberg has been covering for Phil Upton on the BBC WM breakfast show all this week, meaning Mike Graham has been filling in for him on the weekday overnight show.

Goldie presented the WM Breakfast Show until the autumn of 2006 and this was his last job in radio prior to joining talkSPORT in 2008.

Apparently he's said he will be doing a Saturday morning show on WM starting later in the summer. As both a WM and talkSPORT listener, I hope he keeps both commitments up. :)

The relevant DS thread on this topic is: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1272440.

By the way, good to see you back posting La Rhumba. Always enjoy reading your views on talkSPORT. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Regarding Goldie - isn't it fairly unusual that a presenter has a regular gig on another radio station as well as talkSPORT? Not sure I remember a main lineup presenter doing this before.

And can everyone get off Billy's case :D
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    currysocks wrote: »
    Damn that Margaret[/B],she also closed Billy's Working Men's club when she brought in the smoking ban.

If TS had been around during the miner's strike who do you think they'd have supported?

:eek:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_J3TsuLwgS94/R6x5US2QuyI/AAAAAAAAAhM/XJelsdDa1zk/s400/Thatcher.JPG
  • The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jammywammy wrote: »
    Regarding Goldie - isn't it fairly unusual that a presenter has a regular gig on another radio station as well as talkSPORT? Not sure I remember a main lineup presenter doing this before.

Yes, it's quite unusual indeed.

But then again since Moz Dee arrived there seems to be a fair amount of "freedom of movement" between talkSPORT and BBC Radio. Certainly in terms of the live sports coverage, a number of freelance reporters and pundits are appearing on both talkSPORT and the BBC on a regular basis. Look at Harry Redknapp for example.

I certainly hope it'd be hasty to say Goldie has designs on leaving talkSPORT for a return to the BBC. For me he's the best thing about their non-sport output.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But then again since Moz Dee arrived there seems to be a fair amount of "freedom of movement" between talkSPORT and BBC Radio. Certainly in terms of the live sports coverage, a number of freelance reporters and pundits are appearing on both talkSPORT and the BBC on a regular basis. Look at Harry Redknapp for example.

I certainly hope it'd be hasty to say Goldie has designs on leaving talkSPORT for a return to the BBC. For me he's the best thing about their non-sport output.

I rarely get to listen to him but he certainly seems like an improvement on Mendozoff and less predictable than Ian Collins has become.
  • Harkins63Harkins63 Posts: 1,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    delete
  • jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member

Maybe I'm being cynical but i wouldn't be a surprised if Mozz is still getting his wedge from the BBC going by his running of TS .

It may be a coincidence regarding "freedom of movement"
    between talkSPORT and BBC Radio but it is never the likes of Ronnie , Gough or Goldberg doing a BBC stint , just TS finest IMO .
  • k-bolak-bola Posts: 4,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harkins63 wrote: »
    lol.
    Just as well Billy's in bed reading his Arthur Scargill autobiography with 5Lefty in the background.:D

Laugh out loud on the floor (LOLONF).:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k-bola wrote: »
    Laugh out loud on the floor (LOLONF).:D

oops I didn't delete it in time.
    Here comes my next ban.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why did you delete it? That was a funny post.

You can be forgiven but only if you get down on your knees and praise The Alan Brazil World Cup Breakfast with Ronnie Irani, jokes about medication and then swear allegiance to Billy's TalkSport thread.:D
  • La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    By the way, good to see you back posting La Rhumba. Always enjoy reading your views on talkSPORT. :)

Thanks for the kind comments. :)

Don't worry, the Moderators don't read these threads, unless they're alerted to a post by a forum member....or a bitter broadcaster, as in the case of when Gaunty reported me for daring to post that his live show ticket sales had been sparse, and I got a 'Libel' warning from the DS Admin. (It was true!) :p
  • LloydChristmasLloydChristmas Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    Do you get the feeling Brazil will only be happy if there's a mass murder in South Africa? What a bitter, ignorant man.

The concert in Soweto was brilliant last night by the way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you get the feeling Brazil will only be happy if there's a mass murder in South Africa? What a bitter, ignorant man.

The concert in Soweto was brilliant last night by the way.

Yes and yes bitter and pathetic........diddums Boozio just because no-one would take you you have to put a downer on it.

He asks everone who is in SA "Any trouble?" desperate to hear something negative and stroppy/sulky when they say its fine and safe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    Listening to Brazil & Irani and I can't believe how they seem to be looking for any negative stories that they can find. Money stolen from hotels? Hotel staff have stolen items from guests in the past in other countries to the best of my knowledge. Can you imagine if it all kicks off? Will Brazil will be doing a jig! It's so embarrassing and I seriously considered switching to 'the other option'. By the way, does Irani have an opinion of his own? Alan's faithful dog sounds like a complete spanner. As mentioned before, the difference in quality between B&I and H&J is like night and day. Debunking the negative news stories in the papers and approaching the tournament with a positive outlook.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    :mad:
    WHY does this have to happen. I hate him with a passion...almost as much as I hate Irani and Gough.
    Every time I switch Talksport on Quinn seems to be standing in for someone or in the case of weekends doing his own show.
    WHY WHY WHY.
    There are millions of better co presenters in this world.
    He must either a/ be very cheap or b/have one hell of a secret over Moz Dee.
    HATE is too kind.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SWC wrote: »
    :mad:
    WHY does this have to happen. I hate him with a passion...almost as much as I hate Irani and Gough.
    Every time I switch Talksport on Quinn seems to be standing in for someone or in the case of weekends doing his own show.
    WHY WHY WHY.
    There are millions of better co presenters in this world.
    He must either a/ be very cheap or b/have one hell of a secret over Moz Dee.
    HATE is too kind.

Personally I find Mickey Quinn very knowledagble and I like his football and horse racing chat combined with some Scouse wit and banter.
    I really enjoy Ronnie Irani combined with Alan Brazil on weekdays and I have learned to appreciate Darren Gough's wit and humorous banter.

Quite a few disagree though it seems:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    first time poster..long time talksport listener

i had to register to voice my disguist at the antics of Brazil and his "anti SA" mission hes hell bent on persuing

At least pretend its not a vendetta..im guessing hes upset that Las Vegas or Thailand didnt win the right to host it...Maybe he didnt get enaugh freebies / enaugh drinking buddies on a jolly..he might have to work

Another thing is why are radio presenters even out there? I understand Television stations etc..but why radio? we cant see where they are

Durham and Gough claimed to be outside Mandela house last week..he could have been outside my house for all we knew

Its a waste of money..all we get are the same presenters but because its outside broadcasts..it loses listening quality

There is no point, its just Parry walking around asking fans what the score will be..interrupting a show asking fans to discuss the game
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blue steel wrote: »

i had to register to voice my disguist at the antics of Brazil and his "anti SA" mission hes hell bent on persuing

At least pretend its not a vendetta..im guessing hes upset that Las Vegas or Thailand didnt win the right to host it...Maybe he didnt get enaugh freebies / enaugh drinking buddies on a jolly..he might have to work

Another thing is why are radio presenters even out there? I understand Television stations etc..but why radio? we cant see where they are

Durham and Gough claimed to be outside Mandela house last week..he could have been outside my house for all we knew

Its a waste of money..all we get are the same presenters but because its outside broadcasts..it loses listening quality

There is no point, its just Parry walking around asking fans what the score will be..interrupting a show asking fans to discuss the game[
    /QUOTE]

I think it is a waste of money, but its not our money so up to them, they will probably film the presenters & make a hilarious DVD like they did last time, "Roadtrip", so good I have yet to watch it through, and of course a book as is the trend now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There is no point, its just Parry walking around asking fans what the score will be..interrupting a show asking fans to discuss the game

Hi there, glad you are listening to TalkSport and its World Cup coverage.

If you go on their excellent and entertaining website you can see pictures of the presenters in South Africa so they are definately there.

As Nocturne says, unlike the publicly funded BBC which has spent £1 million of your hard earned cash on a glass studio for Lineker and his chums, TalkSport pays for itself and you even get to listen to some amusing and educational advertising between some amazing shows.

As for Brazil, what a tube as they say but you gotta love him and Ronnie and their antics.
  • ramageramage Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It may be your first post blue steel, but you've hit the nail right on the head. What are they doing out there?. Its just a Jolly Boys Outing. Mind you its all worth it just to hear Brazil & Irani squirming every morning. They have both been brought down to earth as they thought they were top dogs.
    What i would love now is if they sent someone else out to the Ashes in Australia next winter instead of these two. Again why send anyone (Jack could do it from his armchair again),you really dont need anyone out there. Brazil keeps saying he wants to visit his brother in Perth, if thats the case let him pay his way like everybody else has to.
    Surely if you must send anyone you would send the ex cricketers on the station ( Irani & Gough ), at least then they would leave the football alone.
  • old oakold oak Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ramage wrote: »
    It may be your first post blue steel, but you've hit the nail right on the head. What are they doing out there?. Its just a Jolly Boys Outing. Mind you its all worth it just to hear Brazil & Irani squirming every morning. They have both been brought down to earth as they thought they were top dogs.
    What i would love now is if they sent someone else out to the Ashes in Australia next winter instead of these two. Again why send anyone (Jack could do it from his armchair again),you really dont need anyone out there. Brazil keeps saying he wants to visit his brother in Perth, if thats the case let him pay his way like everybody else has to.
    Surely if you must send anyone you would send the ex cricketers on the station ( Irani & Gough ), at least then they would leave the football alone.
    Would have thought Brazil would be able to have one long holiday by then as he and his puppet will be gone.After the world cup l fully expect a massive clear out at the station with hopefully some fresh new talent joining.We might all get a station we can enjoy again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    I loved Stan the man and his hard hitting analysis that Gerrard should smile more in press conferences..

I love the station..first voice i ever heard on Talksport was Mike Dickin having a 10 minute rant about ramblers, but we seriously need more in depth analysis about sport that actually get you thinking

i hate the phrase "on paper"..no, this isnt just on paper, we've actually seen these teams perform

I actually dont mind Irani, if he had a less domineering co-presenter then hed come out of himself more

Its just that the Sports Breakfast have a habit of running jokes into the ground, and Irani may be worried of having to endure the pelters..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Dear Moose

"We drove through the centre of Johannesburg,you don't see a white face at all. You wouldn't get out of the car,that part of Johannesburg is the most dangerous." :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uamTPx7z2GU

He had to make an on-air apology.
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Oh Dear Moose

"We drove through the centre of Johannesburg,you don't see a white face at all. You wouldn't get out of the car,that part of Johannesburg is the most dangerous." :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uamTPx7z2GU

He had to make an on-air apology.

Im not convinced that was a big deal TBH.

He talks at 100mph, he makes a **** of it 50% of the time!
This discussion has been closed.