Options

Dexter Newbie

12346»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Deb can be very irritating. I hate her swearing as well. She's often just too much for me.

I've found she's become more bearable as the seasons have gone on, but really this is Dexter (Micheal C Halls) show.

For me I watch Dexter for one single reason - Dexter - Which means I watch it DESPITE all the other characters and sub plots, though like I've said earlier I liked Rita and the kids and do miss them from the later seasons.

Agree with everything you say here.. :)
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate her swearing as well.
    Call me childish, but I love her swearing. My two favourites are:
    Well, **** me in the ear.
    and, when something worse happened:
    **** me in both ears.
    (Shame about Digital Spy's censorship.)

(PS I loved Spartacus: Blood and Sand too. I think you'd best avoid it. Swearing with gusto.)
  • Options
    Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    junnja wrote: »
    Was a newbie to Dex after I started watching it on CBS Action, here in the UK.

Couldn't wait for the broadcasts, so had to watch more. Currently halfway through S5

Enjoyed most of the seasons, and have no real gripe with any particular episode. More than a bit of suspension of reality, sometimes. But I don't mind that.

What has bothered me, is how much I've grown to hate the character Debs, Dex's sister. Don't like her at all. Mind you, I don't particularly care much for the actress who plays her.

She's just got one of those annoying faces. Sorry. :D:D

I know she's a bit damaged. But my God!! she'll shag anything with a pulse. Why does it always have to be colleagues, informants and FBI Agents? It gets a bit tiresome.

I get that she's supposed to be an independent, assertive, career--driven, girl power type of character. But she just comes across as horrible IMO.

I do enjoy Dexter, though. :)

Deb has grown on me a lot over the series.

At this point of the show
    I'm at season 7

I prefer the character of Deb over Dexter. I stopped liking Dexter now, though I agree the show has always belonged to Michael C Hall and he is always excellent.