Sharon and Phil & The Vic...

vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,068
Forum Member
✭✭
It looks like Sharon and Phil will get together after the forthcoming Jack/Phil storyline but will Sharon and Phil head back to the Vic as Landlord and Landlady? we already know that Phil owns The Vic but if they get together I am hoping that Sharon buries her demons and returns to the Vic with Phil as Landlady...

Comments

• AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    Sharon needs to be back in the vic she always worked so well there.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,845
    Forum Member
    if phil gets sharon like this it will be a joke IMO he has manipulated everything that brief family scene last night was just too weird !!

he dont deserve her atm its not been done very natural

but when they do get together nautically which will be a while off yet probably be in the vic by xmas
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phil and Sharon in the Vic over Alfie and Roxy anyday...
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kat and Alfie are going to reunite and Lorraine Newman wants Alfie to stay in The Vic so I'd say the likelihood of Phil and Sharon taking over any time soon is extremely unlikely. All of Sharon's eras in The Vic, including the Den and Angie years, were very successful and popular with viewers. I honestly can't understand what the reluctance is to keep her away from the place. Also, the Mitchells belong in The Vic not bloody Alfie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is exactly what angers me about LN, if you asked most EE fans who they would prefer in the Vic - they would say Sharon.

Having Kat and Alfie back there together is going to be a disaster all over again. Newman is not listening to the audience as per usual..
  • madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    oh anything to detract from the dull Jack - what a dull boy he is. I can't remember which FM said that they wondered what the first encounter between J & S would be like - I wondered exactly the same given David's striking similar looks and mannerisms to Nigel's
  • The Jordan ShowThe Jordan Show Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat and Alfie are going to reunite and Lorraine Newman wants Alfie to stay in The Vic so I'd say the likelihood of Phil and Sharon taking over any time soon is extremely unlikely. All of Sharon's eras in The Vic, including the Den and Angie years, were very successful and popular with viewers. I honestly can't understand what the reluctance is to keep her away from the place. Also, the Mitchells belong in The Vic not bloody Alfie.

Alfie could still stay in the Vic and work under Sharon & Phil. After all he is partnered up with Phils cousin now so it would make sense to have him integrate more with the Mitchells.
  • Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon in the Vic, yes. But ALONE.

Phil and Sharon are not the star-crossed lovers the bosses seem to think they are. Always hated them as a couple.
    Forum Member
    Sharon in the Vic, yes. But ALONE.

Phil and Sharon are not the star-crossed lovers the bosses seem to think they are. Always hated them as a couple.

No they aren't they are just very complicated and interesting to watch. I wish they would learn Scott Maslen doesn't do romantic with any lady.
  • IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No they aren't they are just very complicated and interesting to watch. I wish they would learn Scott Maslen doesn't do romantic with any lady.

I disagree, Ronnie and Jack worked well together, and I believe had quite a lot of fans.

Not sure about Sharon or Phil being back in the Vic tbh, though I don't watch Alfie there either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's just the Vic used to be the central place on the Square. I just think Sharon belongs there. Kat belongs where she is now out on the market with Bianca...I don't want a Kat/Alfie reunion...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alfie could still stay in the Vic and work under Sharon & Phil. After all he is partnered up with Phils cousin now so it would make sense to have him integrate more with the Mitchells.

I'd prefer him out of there altogether but I'd settle for that. Sadly I think Alfie is going to be running The Vic until Shane Ritchie leaves again or the show ends. Whichever happens first:( This is just like 2002 when Sharon had to give The Vic up so Peggy could have it. Sharon should be in that pub above all others:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    It's just the Vic used to be the central place on the Square. I just think Sharon belongs there. Kat belongs where she is now out on the market with Bianca...I don't want a Kat/Alfie reunion...

I can't stand Alfie but The Vic not being the central place on the square anymore isn't his fault. The central place now is Max and Tanya's house. Less Branning focus and that could easily be fixed.
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member

Yep, I concur with this totally. I don't want to see them together cos I'm a massive vocal shipper, I just think it will be interesting viewing what with their great chemistry and all of the history between them.

It's also doing my head in portraying Jack as the innocent injured party and 'the sensible choice' when we know he is far from clean-cut himself. I hope Sharon finishes Jack as soon as she sees what he does to Phil in a couple of weeks time.

On the plus, at least this story has given Sharon significant screen-time, involving her heavily with Phil a character she has strong ties to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharon is still a very popular character on the forums even if this stint has been weak compared her original stint and 2001-06...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharon is still a very popular character on the forums even if this stint has been weak compared her original stint and 2001-06...

Even though I've disliked almost everything about her in this stint I'm not giving up on her just yet because I know the 2 major things holding her back are about to be removed - Tanya and Jack. Once they're gone I hope we get the real Sharon back. A shame her comeback has been such a disappointment after the epic 2001 return.
    Forum Member
    I disagree, Ronnie and Jack worked well together, and I believe had quite a lot of fans.

Not sure about Sharon or Phil being back in the Vic tbh, though I don't watch Alfie there either.

Rack was as painful as it sounded. Both admitted as they were friends since school it was uncomfortable to kiss and boy it showed. Watching 2 adults approaching middle age acting like something out of Grange Hill was awful to be fair to Shack its not as bad as that. It ruined Ronnie as a character and I don't care if it had a million fans I hated it. He ruins Ronnie then they start on Sharon cant wait for her to get away from him. Ronnie had more chemistry with Michael, and oddly enough Max.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharon and Phil are Legendary characters and Jack is definitely not. Jack and Tanya have both dragged Sharon down since she returned but luckily I think we are coming towards the end of Sharon and Jack...

But is the Dennis reveal part of the Phil/Sharon reunion - my guessing is yes.
    Forum Member
    big dan wrote: »
    Yep, I concur with this totally. I don't want to see them together cos I'm a massive vocal shipper, I just think it will be interesting viewing what with their great chemistry and all of the history between them.

It's also doing my head in portraying Jack as the innocent injured party and 'the sensible choice' when we know he is far from clean-cut himself. I hope Sharon finishes Jack as soon as she sees what he does to Phil in a couple of weeks time.

On the plus, at least this story has given Sharon significant screen-time, involving her heavily with Phil a character she has strong ties to.

If Phil attacked Jack and left him for dead can you imagine the reaction to him? Jack is no saint or victim but like other Brannings we are supposed to forget their sins. Sharon makes a few bitchy comments and is nailed to the wall. Jack attacks someone and doesn't even bother to stick around to see if they are dead and is some victim, purrrlease. This is not the same as an affair when your married to the person's brother. Sharon and Phil have not slept together while she has been with Jack. If she ends it with Jack then it isn't a triangle which is refreshing. I don't even think she gets with Phil after the kiss in March, I suspect we will have to wait a bit.
    And its nothing like when Grant did it, he didn't run off like a coward he went into a PTSD attack and just sat there till Nigel arrived.

Sharon is the love of Phil's life but not vice versa unlike Grant or Dennis. But she does love him even if she isn't IN love with him. And that's interesting she also has trusted him over every other man in her life Dennis, Grant , Tom and that counts for a lot especially when you get older. As for the Dennis reveal I think they will get them super close first so a year minimum before that comes out. Bring it on!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But after that what will happen to Sharon
    & Phil?

The return of Grant?
    Forum Member
    But after that what will happen to Sharon
    & Phil?

The return of Grant?

Well Grant does know what Phil did via Dennis. Now there is the love of Sharon's life :) A reverse Sharongate I would go for. It would not be recycled as they have changed as they progressed and wow talk about getting Phil were it hurts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is she though? People are talking about her but it's mostly negative. She might as well have not come back for all the impact she's had.
    Forum Member
    JarkdeLuxe wrote: »
    Is she though? People are talking about her but it's mostly negative. She might as well have not come back for all the impact she's had.

And yet in the TV magazine that did a poll she still came in the top 3 characters in EE. So its swings and roundabouts. Kat didn't even enter the top 10.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes but that is not Letita's fault - it is the writing that Sharon has been given.

This stint has been poor but I think it's about to change for the better.
    Forum Member
    Yes but that is not Letita's fault - it is the writing that Sharon has been given.

This stint has been poor but I think it's about to change for the better.

With her splitting from Jack and Tanya going on a break it will be the best thing that ever happened to her. Who brings back a classic character and instead of making her interact mainly with the people she knows while slowly bringing her into scenes with other characters throws her into a family she has no connection to simply because its the Branning show. Shameful writing.