The NK Regime

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
Forum Member
Aren't we forgetting that the NKs're a people brainwashed into a form of mindless slavery where anything less than fanatical praise (even though the people're starving) and worship of their leader results in harsh punishment? But aren't we in the west being a bit hypocritical when we're supposed to worship overpaid prima donnas who get paid thousands to kick footballs around, washed up has beens (the Beckhams in particiular), celebrities, pop stars and Simon Cowel with the newspapers/celebrity magazines being their cheer leaders?

Don't forget that the NK presidents surround themselves with a horde of generals and there're a few trigger happy generals who'd love to fire off a few missiles.

Comments

• phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But aren't we in the west being a bit hypocritical when we're supposed to worship overpaid prima donnas who get paid thousands to kick footballs around, washed up has beens (the Beckhams in particiular), celebrities, pop stars and Simon Cowel with the newspapers/celebrity magazines being their cheer leaders?

Are we???? I don't...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    I don't...

Neither do I.
  • epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    motsy wrote: »
    Neither do I.

Neither do I. What's our punishment?
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Overpaid footballers and pop singers are not starving us, torturing thousands of people in prison camps or threatening to start a nuclear war. I find Justin Bieber's recent attention-seeking annoying as well, but you can't really compare the two! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but you can't really compare the two!

...apart from the monkey...
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are we???? I don't...

I don't either, and I don't think I've forgotten anything. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...apart from the monkey...

There was a monkey?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like that women says in World of War, Its like a snake, you must strike the head.
  • JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    They don't come and shoot you if you don't applaud enough at footie matches.

Well, not just now they don't.

Give it time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have a choice, they don't. Silly comparison.
  • hustedhusted Posts: 5,287
    Forum Member
    motsy wrote: »
    Aren't we forgetting that the NKs're a people brainwashed into a form of mindless slavery where anything less than fanatical praise (even though the people're starving) and worship of their leader results in harsh punishment? But aren't we in the west being a bit hypocritical when we're supposed to worship overpaid prima donnas who get paid thousands to kick footballs around, washed up has beens (the Beckhams in particiular), celebrities, pop stars and Simon Cowel with the newspapers/celebrity magazines being their cheer leaders?

Don't forget that the NK presidents surround themselves with a horde of generals and there're a few trigger happy generals who'd love to fire off a few missiles.

It's true we're a product of our environment.

People in NK believe the propaganda as that's what they get fed. People here also believe in lots of stuff spun by the media and government.

So it's probably best to try not to judge others too harshly. Who knows what we'd do in their shoes?
  • Nine Bob NoteNine Bob Note Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JB3 wrote: »
    They don't come and shoot you if you don't applaud enough at footie matches.

No, but if you don't like footie you'll likely be bullied all though childhood.

I have a point, but I'm too pissed to know what it is :)
  • hustedhusted Posts: 5,287
    Forum Member
    No, but if you don't like footie you'll likely be bullied all though childhood.

I have a point, but I'm too pissed to know what it is :)

I think you are saying, pressure is there to conform even though you are less likely to be shot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't do celebs or footballers.

I think the difference here, is that I can turn over, read something else etc. I have choice because my freedom isn't limited. I use my freedom to avoid as much of that crap as I can.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer underpaid Rugby Players, and unpopular musical talents. But unlike the DPRK i have freedom to do so
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    husted wrote: »
    People in NK believe the propaganda as that's what they get fed. People here also believe in lots of stuff spun by the media and government.

That's one of the points I'm making. The other one being that we have some bizzare nanny state and health and safety regulation saying what we can and can't do or eat and we're slavishly expected to obey. Then there's the conformist informants who report people for leaving their bins out for emptying ten minutes to late/early, a bin lid's too high by one centimetre or people being fined just for putting just one thing in the bin without realising it until they get a letter from the council and a fine as well.