Dancing on Ice Tour Reports *Spoilers*

Comments

• janymacjanymac Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ray got all 6's, Kyran got 1, someone else got 1, but can't remember who. Chris versas Ray for Bolero, 4 voted for Ray and Robin voted for Chris, but only just. Ray looked exhausted near the end and i felt he didn't dance Bolero quite so well as in the finals as a result, but still a much smoother performance than Chris's. Some very strong Chris supporters in the audience who were not at all gentlemanly. The whole evening was great. I feel sorry for the ones who have only just done the TV show, they must be ay crawling point, infact jess and Pavel fell over on their second dance and didn't score at all well on the first dance.

if you go, make sure you take a well topped up and charged mobile phone with you as you vote by text.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    priggy wrote: »
    they generally do the same numbers every night but occasionally they do slightly change the routines.
    Rach1989 wrote: »
    I think the contestants from this year are able to change their routines from show to show as they have a variety of performances to chose from. The show I went to last year, Suzanne performed to Music, yet she is skating to something different on the DVD, the same with Gareth who skated to livin' on a prayer, when I went and again something different on the DVD.
    However, the contestants who are coming back from previous tours have less routines to chose from as they have been perfecting one or two.

k thanks

so I can hope Ray does something different when I go then. I do like his Rock Around.. but admit would like to see Bailamos again :o, rather than Nothings Gonna.. which was never among my favourites despite his scores

i don't care who wins each show personally, even though I'm going as a Ray fan, so i just want to see some good routines, not necessarily perfect scoring ones, and maybe something a bit different

will be interesting to see some of the others from previous series as I never watched them

and I'm still holding out hope that Donal's talks about doing the O2 dates in London come to something as well :)
  • RayforeverRayforever Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    janymac wrote: »
    Ray got all 6's, Kyran got 1, someone else got 1, but can't remember who. Chris versas Ray for Bolero, 4 voted for Ray and Robin voted for Chris, but only just. Ray looked exhausted near the end and i felt he didn't dance Bolero quite so well as in the finals as a result, but still a much smoother performance than Chris's. Some very strong Chris supporters in the audience who were not at all gentlemanly. The whole evening was great. I feel sorry for the ones who have only just done the TV show, they must be ay crawling point, infact jess and Pavel fell over on their second dance and didn't score at all well on the first dance.

if you go, make sure you take a well topped up and charged mobile phone with you as you vote by text.

Thanks for the info
    How come Robin only just voted for Chris?
    Did you feel let down by Ray's Bolero then.

Jess and Ray must be feeling it then the most as they got to the final had one days off then back on the ice again plus Ray is in training from grease they have a few more week of this yet too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    hope Ray's not going to get exhausted skating potentially three dances a night and cramming in rehearsals for Grease around it

then again, i suppose i forget that he's so young, and fit

just thinking of doing all that activity makes me :sleep::sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anne22 wrote: »
    hope Ray's not going to get exhausted skating potentially three dances a night and cramming in rehearsals for Grease around it

then again, i suppose i forget that he's so young, and fit

just thinking of doing all that activity makes me :sleep::sleep:

well he has 6 dances tomorrow i think because there is a matinee as well.
    Forum Member
    priggy wrote: »
    well he has 6 dances tomorrow i think because there is a matinee as well.

well 4 he will only have 6 dances if he gets into the final two
    i think when the tour start like the tv show it just takes your body a bit of time to get use to it if that sound right lol
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am hoping andrei and suzie do a routine in newcastle as she is from the north east
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rayforever wrote: »
    well 4 he will only have 6 dances if he gets into the final two
    i think when the tour start like the tv show it just takes your body a bit of time to get use to it if that sound right lol

The likelihood though is that he is going to get into the final 2.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How did the girls do tonight??
  • TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bendymixer wrote: »
    tonight it is a local radio station dj

Actually tonights guest judge was a guy called Dean from Closer magazine.
  • bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Ed Nell from Hallam Radio was the one advertised
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Ed Nell from Hallam Radio was the one advertised

Just goes to show you cant believe everything thats advertised .......
  • bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe it for now
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe it for now

Well as I was at the show tonight I think I would know dont you???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rayforever wrote: »
    Thanks for the info
    How come Robin only just voted for Chris?
    Did you feel let down by Ray's Bolero then.

Jess and Ray must be feeling it then the most as they got to the final had one days off then back on the ice again plus Ray is in training from grease they have a few more week of this yet too.

No, I wasn't dissappointed with Ray's Bolero at all - it was lovely, it was just not quite so well paced as his TV one in one little section, which Robin picked up on and said it was better the night before, Robin said cos of this Chris's just had the edge, but it is clear Ray would have got his vote othrwise. All the others thought Ray was without a doubt the better of the 2. You can tell, though, that Chris is not going to take this all lyng down and will do hs very best to beat Ray, and can I say, seeing the two on the same platform, the smarmy full of hmself one was most definately Chris!

Chris and Ray are likely to be the two in direct competiton I thnk throughout the tour, although others will get more confident, and therefore better. Ray did look tired though, he needs to have a good night's sleep, and ideally a couple of days off cos last week he was rehearsing as well as doing extensive interviews. After his first dance, T&D said they did not think he would not be able to match the energy he had put into his first night's perfomance of Rock, but they were really pleased he did, but think that energy was beginning to wear out a bit near the end of the evening. Knowing Ray, he will take a critical look at himself, and knowing now what it is like to be against Chris, will come out bouncing tomorrow however tired he feels.

To be honest the girls did just fine, but none of them, including Suzzanne did very well scorewise. Ray and Chris got the best reception by far, with Kyran a close third.

The opening number was very good indeed as were the group performances.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TraceyUK wrote: »
    Just goes to show you cant believe everything thats advertised .......

I think the guest judge changes each evenng - was definately a man from clser, who clearly nobody had heard from jusdging from the low cheer level when he walked on.

The judging panal is definately lacking now Gardiner is not there - he definately brings it alive and more interesting - Ruthe is just not so convincing in the baddy role.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    janymac wrote: »
    No, I wasn't dissappointed with Ray's Bolero at all - it was lovely, it was just not quite so well paced as his TV one in one little section, which Robin picked up on and said it was better the night before, Robin said cos of this Chris's just had the edge, but it is clear Ray would have got his vote othrwise. All the others thought Ray was without a doubt the better of the 2. You can tell, though, that Chris is not going to take this all lyng down and will do hs very best to beat Ray, and can I say, seeing the two on the same platform, the smarmy full of hmself one was most definately Chris!

Chris and Ray are likely to be the two in direct competiton I thnk throughout the tour, although others will get more confident, and therefore better. Ray did look tired though, he needs to have a good night's sleep, and ideally a couple of days off cos last week he was rehearsing as well as doing extensive interviews. After his first dance, T&D said they did not think he would not be able to match the energy he had put into his first night's perfomance of Rock, but they were really pleased he did, but think that energy was beginning to wear out a bit near the end of the evening. Knowing Ray, he will take a critical look at himself, and knowing now what it is like to be against Chris, will come out bouncing tomorrow however tired he feels.

To be honest the girls did just fine, but none of them, including Suzzanne did very well scorewise. Ray and Chris got the best reception by far, with Kyran a close third.

The opening number was very good indeed as were the group performances.

Chris to me was NOT smarmy but as ever Ray was and as for Ray needing time off cos he looks tired erm havent the rest of them been rehearsing then??? they been sitting at the side just watching Ray show off?? I dont think so they have ALL been working their butts off to get this show under way not just Ray anyone would think it was he was the only performer.
  • PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris to me was NOT smarmy but as ever Ray was and as for Ray needing time off cos he looks tired erm havent the rest of them been rehearsing then??? they been sitting at the side just watching Ray show off?? I dont think so they have ALL been working their butts off to get this show under way not just Ray anyone would think it was he was the only performer.

Ray and Jess are the ONLY ones who have been doing this solidly. None of the others were in the show until the final. The others all had days, weeks or even months of free time before they started doing rehearsals for this! Ray and jess, on the other hand, have been doing this straight through since some time in 2008 without a break at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris to me was NOT smarmy but as ever Ray was and as for Ray needing time off cos he looks tired erm haven't the rest of them been rehearsing then??? they been sitting at the side just watching Ray show off?? I dont think so they have ALL been working their butts off to get this show under way not just Ray anyone would think it was he was the only performer.

Err sorry Tracy - it is late and my post did not come across so well,:o, but if you read my earlier one, I said they all must crawling with tiredness and the one you quoted was a direct reference to a question concerning Ray. to reinterate what mt first post said, I think all the ones who went off the TV shows in later sectons of the competition were tired looking too.

Sorry should not have commented on smarmyness of any of them - and,to be honest, it is not the right word I was more referring back to some horrible posts during the TV shows about Ray being arrogant etc. and this was my first tme seeng Ray live. Can we just forget it - it was a good show and everyone pulled out the stops and nobody was showing off, just trying their best and also trying to generate a good night's entertainment.:)

I am pleased we went, and i can see why Chris has such as good following - he does have something in the way he skates that is good to watch, and as tonight was Chris's first night I thought he did well to get back into the groove so quickly.:)
  • sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How was Ruthie as a judge????
    Everyone turned against her after how she treated Roxy and her marking of Zoe, rightly so....

I new it would be so dry since Jason isnt there. Even though he drives me up the wall at times he does add something to the shiw. :)
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Ray is looking/feeling tired then they should change the high energy rock and roll number for something less demanding - like the latino routine or even the slower 'You Make me feel' (both these were two of my favourites) :)
    Forum Member
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    If Ray is looking/feeling tired then they should change the high energy rock and roll number for something less demanding - like the latino routine or even the slower 'You Make me feel' (both these were two of my favourites) :)

I would not worry about it Robin did an interview and said because it's allot of shows a week their bodies will need to adjust to the routines and timetables. And their only two days in so are still adjusting to that routine they have now. And will feel the strain the first few days Jess and Ray more so as they made the final and have only really had one day off. But then some could say their fitness levels are way up there and the rest are catching up so pro's and con's both ways really

I dont think he would push himself in a silly way to make himself ill if he could not do it then i'd think he would say
  • pognog2pognog2 Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey anyone who went last night - what order where the judges sat in and was there any fights between them please?!?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pognog2 wrote: »
    Hey anyone who went last night - what order where the judges sat in and was there any fights between them please?!?

They had the cleb judge sat where robin usually does, ruthie next, then Nicky, Karen, Robin.

there was one disagreement when ruthie said she wished there was a way Roxy could get into her handbanger differently. i think either Nicy or robin said that you had to have been a very secure and experienced skater to be able to do the headbannger from an upright position, and lying down on the floor was the only way. Andi Peters then asked Karen her view, but i could really what her reply was:o. The panal really needed Jason to spice things up.

There was a rather funny moment when they were discussing suzane's partner change and how it will take a while for it to develop...and Karen said that it took a while for her to get used to her new partner, with a look at Nicky.... Nicky's face was a picture!!

What I think is strange is that they are going to be marking the same rountines each day, and are going to have to come up with fresh things to say....they often referred to the performer's performance the evening before - so i think they are being judged against their own "journey" through the tour.
  • pognog2pognog2 Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you!

The partner comment from Karen happened last night as well and people where making a big deal of it claiming she was p!ssed off at him so I just wanted to know if they had fell out or if it was going to one of the long running jokes! :) Like Linda's breasts last year

I want Jason back ..... I've not been yet not till Newcastle and I don't think it's going to be the same without him