Little Mix Discussion Thread - singles & upcoming debut album (Part 5)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    France and Italy are is in Top 10biggest music industries, by revenue. Along with uk/aus/USA.

Germany and Japan be lucrative to try out after these solid fanbases. For the same reason.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    PJ River wrote: »
    Why France ? The Fans are gonna go "little mix ! little mix ! little mix !" The journalists are gonna go "look at those girls, they look stupid chanting the band's name". The french journalists see a pop phenomenon arrive they immediately want to belittle it.

Well, they should think how to introduce themselves. If they go as a typical dumb popstars who are made of gold, then of course people are going to criticize. But if they show themselves as a group of artists commited with music and their fans, show their vocal skills over their image, they will be fine. After all if they're going there it was because of the hard work from the team, the girls and of course the fans, so all this is not happening just because.
  • wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    old mixer wrote: »
    NOTE how the DM proves its incompetance -- Leigh-Anne's boyfriend starts out being Jordan ... ends up being referred to as JAMAR!!:p :D

Lol, its stupid how they keep saying her footballer boyfriend when as far as I know, it is just a hobbie and he is a businessman.
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think the Sacramento gig is the Mixer Magnet prize either. Mostly because if they are going to bother to come over for a special appearance, Sacramento is not a big enough metro area. I mean I'm California born and bred and that place is...well its not San Francisco! Wherever they hold their special events in whatever countries it makes more sense to have them in large urban centers with media, transportation and the like. Not in Hicksville.

Wouldnt it make more sense to do the MM appearances as sort of a mini international tour anyway? All the countries on one special promotional event.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as the "surprise" for HYD, I live for the day when singers dont have rent-a-rappers, and rappers dont have divas because they cant sing themselves.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is new, I think. Another Sacramento radio station is running a contest:
    HOT 103.5 ‏@Hot_1035

Little Mix Fans! VIP PASS + SPECIAL MEET & GREET = 11:01pm LISTEN FOR THE SONG OF THE HOUR!

heh heh a little trash talk between stations:
    107.9 The End ‏@1079theend

Sooooo LAME That they're making you win! With Us...YOU Can see @LittleMixOffic Perform 4 FREE Just by showing up!!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guess what!!

iTunes USA has DnA up for preorder. Exact same track listing. It is for May 28th! So I bet they return to USA that week!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guess what!!

iTunes USA has DnA up for preorder. Exact same track listing. It is our May 28th! So I bet they return to USA that week!

Would they have the time?

01 Jun 2013: Leeds Summer Ball
    14 Jun 2013: Live at The Marquee Cork 2013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh maybe not! Lol I don't know.

Unless of course the release date changes. So, unless "wings" suddenly takes off i doubt it will be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They could come before the release date, I suppose.

I'm a little perturbed that I havent seen any hints of appearances in the big metro areas like DC, Chicago, Miami and Los Angeles yet, although its a no brainer to come to LA for other reasons anyway.
  • RayforeverRayforever Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    They could come before the release date, I suppose.

I'm a little perturbed that I havent seen any hints of appearances in the big metro areas like DC, Chicago, Miami and Los Angeles yet, although its a no brainer to come to LA for other reasons anyway.

I hope they don't just release its and hope for the best because its not going to work

Not when you have other girl bands like the Saturday and 5h who are doing interviews every week with different websites or tv shows building up their popularity.
    And even without them they need to put a bit of effort into their album release

They confirmed to fans last night they was going for 3 weeks to America
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the American Magnet event will coincide with the album release, that would make some sense. They will be in France April 28 and dont they get the album April 22?

I dont think they'll just let something out in the US and do nothing. They have the Ghost of JLS Past to learn from.
    Forum Member
    Maybe the American Magnet event will coincide with the album release, that would make some sense. They will be in France April 28 and dont they get the album April 22?

I dont think they'll just let something out in the US and do nothing. They have the Ghost of JLS Past to learn from.

I really hope they don't

That France date has not been confirmed the French media who interviewed them at Sony a few weeks ago have been careful in what they have said and keep saying "rumored visit from little mix around 28th April"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That probably means its true. ;)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/dna-deluxe-version/id614841369

I wonder who will be selling the physical? Get the physical Deluxe people, its worth it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well if it is released the 28th, it is possible they could come back for the day of release and fly back to uk by the 1st.

It would be shocking if they don't. Even Rebecca Ferguson returned the week of her release.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aw heck they'd have plenty of time. May 28 is a Tuesday and their Leeds gig is on that Saturday.
    Forum Member
    Well if it is released the 28th, it is possible they could come back for the day of release and fly back to uk by the 1st.

It would be shocking if they don't. Even Rebecca Ferguson returned the week of her release.

I think these summer gigs have been booked by management
    If the label want them there for the album release wouldn't the gigs come second?

Although the Leeds summer ball they are down as a headline act.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They could fly back from the East Coast on the 30th Thursday and still have a day of rest before their gig. I think LJG27 is right. They might come out a few days ahead of the 28th.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol they would be tired. I thought it was getting released in August as they only have 1 or two gigs then. But would a few days be enough to promote an album? Lol who books these gigs? If management they need to be in sync with label on when and where.

How long are they in France? Yeah I think they will be coming back to the US on the last week of May. Hopefully TV shows appearance. They could be back in the US in August? Spend another two Weeks?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    End of May is perfect. They can have the whole Summer for the US to soak in their first album then do that global release for their second album in 4th quarter.
    Forum Member
    @insidemix96

BREAKING: @LittleMixOffic announced on @insidemix96 as Friday night headliners at first ever @Chilfest - 5 & 6 July
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radio 1 seems to love them so I wonder if they get to do Hackney weekend. Is it called that?
    Forum Member
    Chem wrote: »
    Radio 1 seems to love them so I wonder if they get to do Hackney weekend. Is it called that?

I think its just called radio 1 big weekend
    Forum Member
    End of May is perfect. They can have the whole Summer for the US to soak in their first album then do that global release for their second album in 4th quarter.

Not if they do what they did with OZ put all their effort into 1 single then let the others chart rubbish because no efforts was put into them with promo etc.

As long as they get the promo right it will be OK but when the label/management can't be bothered with promo the fans can't be bothered either a pattern that keep happening when it comes to little mix releases.

Hopefully it does not happen with their album release in America.
This discussion has been closed.