Timed events

VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
Forum Member
All the soaps keep the big storylines or events for Christmas, or New Year's Eve, or Easter and lately the Britain's Got Talent final. It's going to look statistically ridiculous over time.
I'd like a big explosion in February....just for a change.

Comments

• Seymour ButtsSeymour Butts Posts: 3,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eastenders get most people watching at Christmas and Corrie gets a lot of extra viewers during BGT week. It makes sense for them to show their biggest episodes at this time.

I know what you mean though. The people living there should know to stay in on those days now. Saying that their house would probably set on fire if they did that :D
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    I like how Hollyoaks has random big events in the middle of the week, nowhere close to holidays or bank holidays.

Fair City never does a big Christmas episode. They have their stories running: one big one is usually wrapped up just before Christmas, and another will be wrapped up after Christmas, but Christmas itself is usually a day for family, friends and light comedy moments. It's actually a refreshing change of pace.
  • lovinglifelovinglife Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    Christmas, etc is a celebration for us, and soaps. It's the soap's Christmas special. It's also an honour to have the best storyline/get the most viewers, particularly at Christmas/Halloween/Easter etc. although, I do see your point. It's all awfully contrived!!

lovinglife