Parcel holding etiquette?

2»

Comments

• NilremNilrem Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member
    Personally we don't mind taking in parcels for neighbours, but we do ask that they give us an indication if they are expecting a lot, and that they pop over to pick it up if they know it's going to be delivered on a specific day.

We typically take them in for about four of our neighbours who we are on good terms with, as there is almost always someone in our house no matter the time*.

Having someone place a load of orders knowing they won't be in to accept the parcels, and not let you know is imo bad form.

*In return they've been willing to assist us (it's nice having good neighbours).
  • kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We always take in parcels for our neighbors and they take in parcels for us. We have very good neighbors.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    The situation for you as the receiver is different of course. So the answer is how you broach the subject of a consideration. Maybe bare faced cheek "My wife says there'd etter be a bottle of vodka in it for us. She likes Grey Goose"

FWIW, I was starting to get a bit worried that the dogs might damage something in one of the parcels while bouncing around the hallway when they go out for walks so we decided to deliver the parcels last night.

We put on santa hats while delivering them. :p:D
  • Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't really bother me and I'd never thought about it enough to think that there was any kind of "etiquette". Usually if I get a note saying a parcel has been left with a neighbour I go straight round as usually it's something that I'm looking forward to getting. If something gets dropped off at mine for a neighbour I tend to just nip round if I notice they're in, if they're not in they usually pop round when they see the note.