Have you ever been genuinely angered/offended about something you've read on here?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
Forum Member
I honestly can't say that's happened to me..

Comments

• gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope

--
  • kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    I have many times, I usually have to take a little break every now and again. I'm far to emotionally invested when it comes to some subjects.
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I often tut and roll my eyes if I read something stupid. Genuinely offended by a forum post? No.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Frequently. Which is why I have to take breaks from the politics forum.
  • roger_purvisroger_purvis Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. Astounded by ignorance at times but never been offended, in spite of many ad hominem attacks.
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At how mind blowingly stupid some people are, yes.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    You have to laugh at some of the outrage seen on here.
  • epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tend to feel a bit stabby whenever someone busts out the appeal to nature fallacy, which happens more often than it should.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I only get angered when I see posters being unnecessarily horrible to other posters.
    I don't think I've ever been angered by a point of view though.
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    The thread about the killing spree in Isla Vista by Elliot Rodger had some pretty odd comments posted, but they were more disturbing than anything else.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some of the comments in the ched Evans threads were unsettling tbh.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depressed, mainly.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I have. Some things are still offensive, even when written by a stranger on a forum, whether they mean it or not. I'm not numb to emotion.
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been annoyed, concerned (for how people who post some comments function in the real world) and slightly disturbed by things I've read on here. Never been properly offended though.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,265
    Forum Member
    I don't like the way that the usual suspects always seem to get away with their anti-gay shtick. Though to be far to the mods, people do get to have their say back.
  • PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    after reading youtube comments nothing on here comes close :p
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Not really.

Obviously I notice and have issues with certain comments that other people wouldn't (especially heightism, snobbery, atheophobia etc) but it doesn't get under my skin enough to cause anger.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. I do think I go around blinkered as people above have mentioned different 'isms' and homophobia and cliques .... and I don't seem to encounter any of these.
  • AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite a lot actually. Idiots offend me, and there's a lot of those on DS.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not offended, no.

I've had my feelings hurt by personal attack, I've felt saddened, disheartened, annoyed, amused, all sorts of emotions at different times. Offended isn't really one of them.

On the other hand, I've just looked up the definition of offend, most of the above seems to come under that banner, so yes, I have :p

Just look at the synonyms :ohurt someone's feelings, give offence to, affront, upset, displease, distress, hurt, wound, pain, injure, be an affront to, get/put someone's back up, disgruntle, put out, annoy, anger, exasperate, irritate, vex, pique, gall, irk, provoke, rankle with, nettle, needle, peeve, tread on someone's toes, ruffle, ruffle someone's feathers, rub up the wrong way, make someone's hackles rise, insult, humiliate, embarrass, mortify, scandalize, shock, outrage, spite;

That is one huge word having only 6 letters :D I would say I've felt some measure of each word I've underlined at some time or another, so I must have been offended!!

I've got over it though :D

ETA: It now makes me realise how incorrectly we use the word 'offend' ;)
  • seacamseacam Posts: 21,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I get angry when minorities ask for a perfectly discussable issue to be censored or removed off DS.

As some FM recently wrote, ( and I paraphrase a little ), and I wholeheartedly agree, that some vocal minorities can have such a devastating, negative effect on the majority" when they get their way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Peoples opinions don't anger me, that's their opinion and theyre entitled to it. What annoys me is people who call me a liar or "proof or it didn't happen" or "that says more about you"...Grow Up!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I never understand how people can become so outraged by the things strangers say. I won't meet you. You won't meet me. Who cares what we think of one another?
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Peoples opinions don't anger me, that's their opinion and theyre entitled to it. What annoys me is people who call me a liar or "proof or it didn't happen" or "that says more about you"...Grow Up!!!

Or ask for a link. Google it for Christ's sake
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    I don't like the way that the usual suspects always seem to get away with their anti-gay shtick. Though to be far to the mods, people do get to have their say back.

Yeah, tbh I'd rather people were allowed to have their say, and if we think they're full of shit we get to tell them why.

It's when the nasty shit goes unchallenged that I will consider hanging up my password.