Mother shot and killed by her own toddler

dee123dee123 Posts: 46,257
Forum Member
http://www.inquisitr.com/1635341/christa-engles-shot-by-toddler-3-year-old-reportedly-finds-loaded-gun-under-couch/

Heartbreaking. And just so unnecessary. That poor child will be screwed up for life.

Comments

• Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guns don't kill people, toddlers do.

Hands up anyone who guessed which country this occurred in before clicking on the link?
  • JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    Tragic, but as one of the comments under the article says, it's difficult to understand how a 3 year old, could hold the gun and pull the trigger.

Having said that I know nothing of guns, how heavy they are etc.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such a sad, pointless waste of a life.
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's just no end to human stupidity.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that was a completely stupid place to leave a loaded gun when you have a toddler in the house. Talk about having no brains.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's just no end to human stupidity.

You're telling me.
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hands up anyone who guessed which country this occurred in before clicking on the link?

Unfortunately these days it's a no brainer.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cue the calls of "sort out your gun laws Obama".

This is a story of human stupidity. You would expect someone who was in the army (if neighbours are to be believed) to be aware of proper gun storage.
  • TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately these days it's a no brainer.

Not sure if serious considering she was shot in the head.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was it Lois Griffin?
  • DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    Was it Lois Griffin?

Heh...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Honey Boom! Boom!

sorry :blush:
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,257
    Forum Member
    Cue the calls of "sort out your gun laws Obama".

This is a story of human stupidity. You would expect someone who was in the army (if neighbours are to be believed) to be aware of proper gun storage.

Who's going to be saying that? He'd be and has been blocked at every angle trying to do something.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,257
    Forum Member
    80sfan wrote: »
    Was it Lois Griffin?

HA! When the joke works, the joke works.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And still it continues....
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always wonder how the child is told about what happened in these cases in 10 or 15 years time. Must be a terrible thing to have to tell someone and for them to live with the guilt.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Who's going to be saying that? He'd be and has been blocked at every angle trying to do something.

The same people who crow every time there is a tragic gun event in the US probably. I have come to expect it.
  • dsimillerdsimiller Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Haven't clicked the link,but am guessing USA?
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Ban toddlers.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always wonder how the child is told about what happened in these cases in 10 or 15 years time. Must be a terrible thing to have to tell someone and for them to live with the guilt.

It's an impossible scenario I guess. At the moment, the child is probably young enough to grow up and forget what happened, but when he gets to an age where he starts asking questions and wants to find out what happened to his mother, how on earth do you tell him?

It's not like they could lie to protect him because the information will be out there online for him to find.
  • charger21charger21 Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I predict a riot
  • DotheboyshallDotheboyshall Posts: 40,583
    Forum Member
    If the mother had had a gun then this tragedy would not have happened
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So who was at fault? Defo NOT the kid. Mother - do you never put such things out of reach of your child? Father - same question. State Governor - does he care more about votes of the gun lobbyists than actual people. The senate - do you care more about people than just trying to screw every decision your country's leader ever makes?

Sadly, all this is an example of a country that has its priorities completely wrong.
  • TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the mother had had a gun then this tragedy would not have happened

I shouldn't, considering the subject matter, but I LOLed.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    You gotta wonder about stuff like this.

I mean, what? somebody had just finished cleaning their gun, put it back together, put the magazine back in it and then dropped it on the floor and thought "Ah, it'll be somewhere around. I'll pick it up later on"?
    Or, alternatively, somebody thought "Hey, y'know, underneath the sofa would be a terrific place to hide a loaded gun in case of emergencies, especially in a house where there are kids"?

Hard to choose which option is the dumbest.

Alternatively, perhaps there are some seriously naughty kids who have an intense dislike for a parent and are great at acting? :blush: