Cascada- Eurovision 2013

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
Forum Member
So cascada are in the national final for Germany for Eurovision 2013 with the song "Glorious" what do you think of this? I hope they do represent Germany cause i am a massive fan of theirs

Comments

• big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope they get through the German National final with a stomping dance number.

Would be guaranteed big points from the Uk. Germany have done amazingly in the contest the last 3 years and I think they will keep it going......if they get picked
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Söhne Mannheims are by far most likely to do well on name alone in that NF.
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are we able to hear the song ?
    Would of been amazing if cascada were representing the uk instead :(

we will end up with Steve brookstein or someone similar
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cascada & Eurovision?

Yikes !
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JayPee86 wrote: »
    Are we able to hear the song ?
    Would of been amazing if cascada were representing the uk instead :(

we will end up with Steve brookstein or someone similar

Probably hear at least a preview of it in January.

We've been rumoured to be having a big name this year too :)
  • Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    We've been rumoured to be having a big name this year too :)

Oh God. It's not Engelbert Humperdinck again is it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

we don't know yet but we will likely find out in February or at the latest mid march when ever the BBC decides to let us know.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nope, Christopher Maloney will be flying the flag for the UK at Eurovision next year:)
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that blows most competition out of the water then!
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Cascada will even win the National Final to represent Germany.
  • Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So cascada are in the national final for Germany for Eurovision 2013 with the song "Glorious" what do you think of this? I hope they do represent Germany cause i am a massive fan of theirs

Wow. How the mighty have fallen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well not really, Loreen this years winner went straight to the top of the charts all over Europe, and even this years 16th placed entry Ivi Adamou from Cyprus has done well out of the contest. even in in 2011 acts like Blue and Jedward seen their popularity shoot up across Europe so its no wonder more high profile names are getting in on the contest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

they were ever "mighty"?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is the song, I actually really like it :).

https://soundcloud.com/cascadausa/cascada-glorious
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    Here is the song, I actually really like it :).

https://soundcloud.com/cascadausa/cascada-glorious

Ooh, I rather like this too. I hope it wins the German NF!
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the song but I'm a fan of Cascada. It sounds like a typical dance song it has a good beat it could do well in eurovision and she would be known. I really hope she gets to represent Germany.
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the BBC now choosing all of the uk act to represent ??? like not letting the public have a say,
    They were okay with Blue but Engelbert they really didn't want to win that year for sure.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mysty211 wrote: »
    Is the BBC now choosing all of the uk act to represent ??? like not letting the public have a say,
    They were okay with Blue but Engelbert they really didn't want to win that year for sure.

We expect it will be internal again this year but you never know with the BBC they are one of the last to announce the entry and the act misses out at the chance of appearing on other countries national finals for promotion.

I like their choices really.
    Blue was a really good choice by the BBC they were 5th on the televote but Juries absolutely hated it. Englebert was good on paper but in practice but we had too many things going against us the biggest was being first on and the 2nd was his poor performance for the juries.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    Sweden won it fairly last year, that song is awesome!

--
    thinkofmusic.com
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    great song for eurovision.
    they still need to win in the german selection process, i doubt that will be a problem though?

i wonder who we will have representing the UK this year. Steve Brookstein? :rolleyes:
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I think the song is pretty good. No reason why a dance track wouldn't get through to the contest and possibly win. If Loreen could win with Euphoria last year then I don't see why this wouldn't have a chance. Plus it might get a lot of votes from the UK. Don't Cascada have a UK fanbase?
  • AchtungAchtung Posts: 10,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Probably Rolf Harris knowing our luck. :rolleyes:
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JayPee86 wrote: »
    great song for eurovision.
    they still need to win in the german selection process, i doubt that will be a problem though?

i wonder who we will have representing the UK this year. Steve Brookstein? :rolleyes:

They're not the biggest act in the NF nor anywhere near what Germany would vote to represent themselves. most German fans expect her not to win. They were bigger here & UK fans have that expectation
  • zsb37105qtyzzsb37105qtyz Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the song is pretty good. No reason why a dance track wouldn't get through to the contest and possibly win. If Loreen could win with Euphoria last year then I don't see why this wouldn't have a chance. Plus it might get a lot of votes from the UK. Don't Cascada have a UK fanbase?

Yeah but Bulgaria had a dance track and they didn't go through. Jury picked Norway instead. I love the song though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably be good for them surely?

They were very successful and had some memorable hits but everything after Evacuate the Dance floor hasn't inexactly set an charts alight around the world.

If they can get the slot, they should jump at the chance.