Options

Confused about what movies I can download from Sky

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,645
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi.

I downloaded Groundhog Day from Sky Movies HD. When I tried to watch it I got the message, "Programme synopsis is not available. Call the broadcaster to upgrade your subscription to receive this channel."

I don't watch many films and I don't subscribe to Sky Movies so clearly I'm wrong in thinking I could watch this film on a one off basis, paying for it.

The thing is it shows up as having been downloaded to my Sky+ box to the amount of 3.2GBs. Is there any chance I'm being charged for this film I'm unable to watch? If I can't see the film without upgrading my subscription then why did Sky let me download it?

Comments

• Options
    chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    as you don't subscribe to movies you can't watch that content.
    the only movies you can watch are in the sky store and you have to pay to view them.

on-demand movies with no charge are restricted to movie package subscribers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK thanks for that. There's no chance with the 3.2GB on my sky+ box that I'm being charged for the film?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK thanks for that. There's no chance with the 3.2GB on my sky+ box that I'm being charged for the film?

no, because that film wasn't PPV.
    if it was PPV it would have asked have allowed you to view after confirming payment.
  • Options
    malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,641
    Forum Member
    If you do not subscribe to Sky Movies you cannot watch Sky Movies on Demand.

However, you can watch movies bought or rented through Sky Store as these are either PPV or you pay to 'own' the download and receive a copy of the DVD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    malpasc wrote: »
    If you do not subscribe to Sky Movies you cannot watch Sky Movies on Demand.

as has been said already.
    however the system doesn't stop you actually downloading the content, it just stops you from viewing it.
    malpasc wrote: »
    However, you can watch movies bought or rented through Sky Store as these are either PPV or you pay to 'own' the download and receive a copy of the DVD.

as has been said.
  • Options
    uniqueunique Posts: 12,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    as you don't subscribe to movies you can't watch that content.
    the only movies you can watch are in the sky store and you have to pay to view them.

on-demand movies with no charge are restricted to movie package subscribers.

(once you've seen the movie you might get it...)