Options

How are you getting DriveClub?

Comments

• Options
    fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Played this for first time in a few weeks yesterday, now there's so many levels for everything, they never end!

Also, happy Christmas :) Getting in a couple of hours of game time before the family stuff here.
  • Options
    claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, Merry Christmas everyone.

Not getting near the ps4 today - mountain of toys in front of the TV!
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A new gameplay option, Hardcore, is being added to Driveclub in February. Race with traction control, stability control & other assists turned off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New update tomorrow:

This update brings 6 new "Scotland - Old Town" tracks to the game for free, along with Hardcore handling, new Elite, Driver & Club Levels & many more improvements based on your feedback.

The update also prepares the game for the addition of the "No Limits" and "Suzuki" Expansions, coming to PlayStation Store on Feb 23rd.

FULL DETAILS OF THIS MONTH’S GAME UPDATE (1.26):

» The newest track “Scotland – Old Town” is here, offering 6 track variants to play across all DRIVECLUB & DRIVECLUB BIKES game modes.
    » A new “Hardcore Handling” option is now available, turning off traction control, stability control & other assists. Enable this in Gameplay Settings for a more realistic driving experience.
    » Multiplayer Private lobbies have a new 'Photo mode' setting to help you choreograph photos and videos with friends. This disables ghosting, wrong way timers and automated reset to track scenarios.
    » Photo mode screen filters can now be enabled outside of photo mode, while you race.
    » Photo mode now offers extended Zoom and Exposure settings, plus all settings persist between photo captures during an event.
    » Replays have a new option to toggle player tags on and off at any time during the replay when you use the L1 Button. » The Dynamic Precipitation option has been improved to reduce the likelihood of persistent rain.
    » 10 new Elite Levels have been added (new cap is 35).
    » 10 new Driver Levels have been added (new cap is 95) with new livery rewards to unlock along the way.
    » 25 new Club Levels have been added (new cap is 85) with new livery rewards to unlock along the way.
    » The loading screen for DRIVECLUB and DRIVECLUB BIKES now show off 2 awesome new ‪#‎PS4share‬ community photos.
    » Fixed the 'Weekend Warrior' Trophy for DRIVECLUB BIKES. Ranking up the KTM 1290 Super Duke R to Bike Level 15 is now no longer a requirement.
    » Includes general improvements for game performance, stability and usability.

FEBRUARY STORE UPDATE (ADD-ONS COMING TO PLAYSTATION®STORE ON FEBRUARY 23RD WORLDWIDE):

» “No Limits” Expansion Pack featuring 6 events, 5 Trophies and 2 new cars: Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 V-Spec II & Honda Civic Type-R. » “Suzuki” Expansion Pack featuring 6 events, 5 Trophies and 2 new Bikes: Suzuki GSX-R1000 & Suzuki GSX-S1000 ABS.

DOWNLOAD & INSTALLATION:

The update will be available from Feb 11th. Update size is 0.9GB bringing the total size of all updates combined so far to 13GB.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trailer for tomorrow's update.

http://youtu.be/8C9PoU2Z5CE?a
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    The bikes expansion put a bit of life back into this for me, but that died fairly quickly.

When I'm not playing multiplayer I have no interest in going back. And I loved this game. It's all about the onlines.

Nice update tho, new tracks are always welcome.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't played it in a while either (kind of burnt it out a bit before Christmas re-doing all the stars), but I'll go back for the new elite levels and tracks.
  • Options
    TommyNookaTommyNooka Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I keep going back to it every so often, the Elite challenges are SOLID!!

Is the new expansion free?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TommyNooka wrote: »
    I keep going back to it every so often, the Elite challenges are SOLID!!

Is the new expansion free?

The new track (which has 6 variants) is free. There are two packs coming Feb 23rd, one car and one bikes. I haven't seen anything that says they're going to be free. ( If they're not charging for them I'll be a bit surprised )
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'm done buying stuff for it but I'll take freebies
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tried the new track last night. Really like it, the buildings do give it a different feel. And the blue wheelie bins are a nice touch!

Also did a few of the new Elite challenges - to say I was a bit rusty is an understatement!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to let you know, you need DC Bikes for some of the latest elite challenges.
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    I thought it'd been a bit quiet on the updates front. Good to see Evolution still plugging away. Halfway through a 7 week hols, a lot of game rust to shake off when I get back!
  • Options
    iDirtyPenguiniDirtyPenguin Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Bought the season pass myself - not bad value for £10!

I see Lisa still dominating most of the leaderboards.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Suzuki expansion trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ezf-NO7QhA

Out 23/2 for £2.99 / €3.59
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meh. One bike same as next for me. I guess they aren't but not into bikes.
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Downloaded the No Limits tour this morning & finally got a chance to play on the new track. Haven't played this at all in a few weeks so hard to get back into.

Can't get into the bikes at all for some reason.
  • Options
    ArtfulDodger81ArtfulDodger81 Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any of you guys playing the trackmania turbo beta?
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member

No, didn't get a code. Just downoad a Pirates Treasure Hunter beta tho :) Wont get around to playing it until Friday tho.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've got it downloaded but haven't had a chance to play it yet. Don't remember registering for it, so not sure why I got a code, but happy to give it a go!
  • Options
    ArtfulDodger81ArtfulDodger81 Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    claymore74 wrote: »
    I've got it downloaded but haven't had a chance to play it yet. Don't remember registering for it, so not sure why I got a code, but happy to give it a go!

I didnt request one either, I'm assuming its because I have previously bought Trials Fusion, this is just a car version of it.
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I never received a code but I've seen some PC gameplay videos and it looks fun. If it's under £20, I think I'll pick it up
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I ended up putting a few hours back into Driveclub again last night for the first time in months. Is it me or have they upped the graphics yet again? I swear the lighting is improved and there's extra trackside detail on some of the old tracks.
  • Options
    NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt request one either, I'm assuming its because I have previously bought Trials Fusion, this is just a car version of it.

Ah nuts. I was liked the look of this but did not enjoy trials really.
    Bugger
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nedubiz wrote: »
    Ah nuts. I was liked the look of this but did not enjoy trials really.
    Bugger

I tried the single player last night. It's similar to Trials in that they are quick 40 second tracks (plus longer multi-lap ones), and it's all about getting the best time. There's also multiplayer (including local), and a track builder.

But it's your standard driving game view (behind the car) with automated dropping to bonnet cam at certain points. (Didn't seem to be a way to control the camera).

It was ok, but didn't really grab me. I'm certainly not going to get it day 1. Might pick it up if I see it going cheap at some point.