Vikings (US/Canada Pace)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    Have to admit I wasnt impressed with the first episode,I did find it good but I'm so glad I stuck with it,it is now in my top 3 favourite tv shows I'm watching.
    If anyone is thinking of giving it a go make sure you watch past ep 1,it really is a brilliant show:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any thoughts about the final episode? I liked it so really looking forward to season 2 :)
  • who-mewho-me Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    didn't realise this was the end of season 1. any idea when s2 will be on? It's a fascinating show very well acted with just the right balance of supernatural and dramatic elements... serious eye candy too ;0)
  • TheToonArmyTheToonArmy Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought the whole series was great. Season 2 cannot come soon enough.

According to legend there is still lots of material to go through.
  • jette52jette52 Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    season 2 will be shown in 2014.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this the show advertised in the UK with Gabriel Byrne which is available on Amazon? Was it shown on the telly or only available to buy?
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    Is this the show advertised in the UK with Gabriel Byrne which is available on Amazon? Was it shown on the telly or only available to buy?

Yes, Gabriel Byrne is in it. It was not shown on TV in the UK. Lovefilm bought the right to show the series in the UK.
  • the power kingthe power king Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do any one if This is coming out on D V D & Blu Ray ? I Dot have Love Film as i Got Sky
  • gothergother Posts: 14,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do any one if This is coming out on D V D & Blu Ray ? I Dot have Love Film as i Got Sky

Take the 30 day free trial for lovefilm :D watch it for free then.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

They're advertising it like crazy on TV. It says only available on LoveFilm. An Amazon exclusive. So not sure what that means. Maybe it will be available on Amazon at a later stage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're advertising it like crazy on TV. It says only available on LoveFilm. An Amazon exclusive. So not sure what that means. Maybe it will be available on Amazon at a later stage.

LoveFilm is owned by Amazon
  • sweetazkandisweetazkandi Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine it will be released On DVD eventually, possibly closer to the S2 premiere date? It's def a show I would watch again and again!
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd put this on a back burner, but watched the last 3 this week - good stuff and I'm looking forward to next series:) And I'm off for a week in Northumberia soon and will be re-visiting Lindisfarne and Bamburgh - I'll be thinking of Ragnar and his men hoving into view from the East.

According to legend there is still lots of material to go through.

I hadn't realised there was a legend and have now thoughly spoilered myself on Wiki:o Not that knowing the story stopped me loving Spartacus:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »

I hadn't realised there was a legend and have now thoughly spoilered myself on Wiki:o Not that knowing the story stopped me loving Spartacus:D

:D

He was also featured in the 1958 Viking film ( Kirk douglas, Tony Curtis ) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052365/
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D

He was also featured in the 1958 Viking film ( Kirk douglas, Tony Curtis ) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052365/

Classic film! Not seen it in years so I think I'll forgive myself for forgetting it was Ragnar. The Northumbrian king had a wolf pit in that though, rather than snakes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Classic film! Not seen it in years so I think I'll forgive myself for forgetting it was Ragnar. The Northumbrian king had a wolf pit in that though, rather than snakes.

It was on last weekend, itv I think.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just burned through this in a couple of days. Loved it!

Ragnar's a cocky git, but very likeable.

And his wife is a bad-ass shieldmaiden!

I like Floki and the priest, too.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've just done that myself.

"Oh, the Wiki page for Vikings has links for Ragnar, Lagertha, and Rollo..."

I never learn. I always spoiler things for myself :o
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    v good frist season although i felt it lost its momentum in last 2-3 episodes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    I heard lots of good things about this show but was pretty disappointed.

The positives: The opening theme song is simple, but beautiful and bewitching - sticks in your head long after the episode. The acting is a bit sketchy at times, but Ragnar, Lagertha, Floki and Earl Haraldson are serviceable in their roles, given the material. I'm glad that the action scenes steer clear of being too choreographed and so in the thick of the action that you can't really see what's going on.

The negatives: The script is woeful - I dare anyone to come up with a memorable line. It's certainly not a thought-provoking show. The main protagonists are such horrible people that it is impossible to empathise with them. Throughout the entire series, I felt more for the people they come into conflict with, than the vile barbarians absent any redeeming values whose path we're forced to follow.

Overall: watchable, but sort of dumb.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to the new season. Not much activity on the forum for this show.

Amazon Prime UK have the rights again and will be showing the new episodes weekly just 24hrs after they're broadcast in the US. With this and the new season of 'Bosch' Amazon Prime is just about paying it's way.
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this also the Season 3 thread?

Anyone else thinking with Easter coming up that....
    Athelstan will be back?
  • glagysglagys Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    Anyone know when season 3 will be aired in the uk
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this also the Season 3 thread?

Anyone else thinking with Easter coming up that....
    Athelstan will be back?

There are rumours and if you saw the trailer for season 4;-)
  • MichPlatMichPlat Posts: 2,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    There are rumours and if you saw the trailer for season 4;-)

Season 4 !!!'

I haven't even seen series three yet !!!!