Solo Gary Barlow VS Solo Geri Halliwell

Comments

• Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine it has sold 3 million copies already has it kenny?
  • RikScotRikScot Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kenny12 wrote: »
    Yes. :)

Wow...big time!
  • kenny12kenny12 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #Geri Halliwell

#Half of Me

#Headlining NRL Grand Final

#Chanel Nine

#October 3rd

#Released Oct 25th

#Sony Music

#AustraliasGotTalent

#Girl Power
  • soransoran Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #Geri Halliwell

#Half of Me

#Chanel Nine

#October 3rd

#Released Oct 25th

#Sony Music

#AustraliasGotTalent

#Girl Power

Erm, hashtags don't work here ;):rolleyes:

But we will soon see, as Gazza has a new album out soon as well. Could be close I think, but you have a nice Robbie and Olly duet coming up first Kenny ;)
  • robo2robo2 Posts: 1,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #Geri Halliwell

#Half of Me

#Chanel Nine

#October 3rd

#Released Oct 25th

#Sony Music

#AustraliasGotTalent

#Girl Power

#still****ingshite :D
  • TheToonArmyTheToonArmy Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D, she cannot sing live to save her life. Got quite a week voice nowadays.

Sorry kenny, but its rubbish, wont trouble the charts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How come this has been has three threads going in here? Thought that's why an 'appreciation thread' was started so folk could wax lyrical?

Desperate
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D, she cannot sing live to save her life. Got quite a week voice nowadays.

Sorry kenny, but its rubbish, wont trouble the charts.

I agree. Gary will perform his material on The X Factor, and it will be instantly more successful than anything Geri has put out in recent times.

Geri is from an era where miming was the norm and you didn't even need to be able to sing. These days, she just doesn't cut it. She looks tired and out of shape, and her vocals are atrocious even with backing vocals.

Gary still has great vocals and has written a few moderate hits in recent times. Geri has done none of those things. My vote goes to Gary. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I agree. Gary will perform his material on The X Factor, and it will be instantly more successful than anything Geri has put out in recent times.

Geri is from an era where miming was the norm and you didn't even need to be able to sing. These days, she just doesn't cut it. She looks tired and out of shape, and her vocals are atrocious even with backing vocals.

Gary still has great vocals and has written a few moderate hits in recent times. Geri has done none of those things. My vote goes to Gary. :)

Funny though that Geri has sold millions more records.....

Wth this new material, We'll see..

Gary's always needed the backing of Take That to see any kind of Success,
    Geri has proven herself as a solo artist. (12 Million solo sales...)

His latest release is dire and about as dull as his personality.

At least Geri has balls, star quality and proper pop star appeal.

Gary seems to appeal to middle aged housewives - though I fear without the backing of TT he won't fare so well - just like his earlier solo efforts.
  • TheToonArmyTheToonArmy Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For all the Daily Mails questionable reporting I think they have this spot on.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2443059/The-Iron-ing-Lady-Geri-Halliwell-poses-Twitter-pic-bra-presses-clothes--ahead-toe-curling-live-performance-new-single.html
    The appearance will do little to silence Geri's critics. Her vocals were both weak and occasionally out of tune, leaving audience members underwhelmed by the performance.
    One YouTube viewer simply wrote 'The vocals...' while Twitter critics were less polite

One wrote: 'Geri, everything went downhill after It's Raining Men. And right now you're drowning in a puddle', while another said: 'What was she and #thefootyshow thinking. Geri Halliwell's footy show performance has got to be the most awkward I've seen!'
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member

Kenny the song would be OK as a fifth string album track but even then its pretty dated and weak (as are Geri's vocals).

I can't stand Barlow but even though I've only heard a short snatch of his new single - its way more relevant and it cannot be denied that his voice is better than Geri's (although that isn't exactly a glowing endorsement).

Back to Geri and that performance - who did the choreography? Lego possibly?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Gary seems to appeal to middle aged housewives - though I fear without the backing of TT he won't fare so well - just like his earlier solo efforts.

So, who does GP appeal to?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kenny, seriously...why can you still not just let this go already? i don't know why you feel the need to try and create a war between these two. literally nobody else gives a shit. and you will never convince anyone.

and you keep bandying about that geri's sold 12million solo yet are completely unable to prove it beyond "'X' told me so".....that's not proof. when people ask for statisical proof to back up your claim, they're asking for sales receits (note: sales, not shipping!). to my knowledge you have as of yet been unable to provide these beyond those that other forum members have provided for you, placing geri's sales several million lower than what you claim.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Much as I loathe The Barlow, he has just announced a solo arena tour, something I'm entirely certain would not be possible for Geri at this moment in time (or at any time after the disbanding of The Spice Girls).
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,979
    Forum Member
    What an absolutely terrible performance and song, worst solo song from any spice girl
  • Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    Much as I loathe The Barlow, he has just announced a solo arena tour, something I'm entirely certain would not be possible for Geri at this moment in time (or at any time after the disbanding of The Spice Girls).

I doubt Geri would be able to draw a crowd to a performance in McDonalds.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kenny the song would be OK as a fifth string album track but even then its pretty dated and weak (as are Geri's vocals).

I can't stand Barlow but even though I've only heard a short snatch of his new single - its way more relevant and it cannot be denied that his voice is better than Geri's (although that isn't exactly a glowing endorsement).

Back to Geri and that performance - who did the choreography? Lego possibly?

Just woke up this morning feeling very positive and inspired about the coming weeks!

Geri wrapped her video for Half of Me yesterday and it is going to be fantastic! Very fun, very Geri.

BIB: Marko Panzic choreographed Half of Me - he's a fantastic Australian Creative Director having worked with the likes of:
    Robin Thicke
    Ricky Martin
    Jason Derulo
    Kelly Rowland
    Delta Goodrem
    Little Mix
    Olivia Newton-John
    Seal
    Joel Madden
    Natalie Bassingthwaighte
    Sam Sparro

He's provided choreography and worked for:
    The Aria Awards
    The X Factor
    Australia’s Next Top Model
    The Voice Australia
    The Logie Awards
    Australian Idol
    Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards
    So You Think You Can Dance USA.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just woke up this morning feeling very positive and inspired about the coming weeks!

Geri wrapped her video for Half of Me yesterday and it is going to be fantastic! Very fun, very Geri.

BIB: Marko Panzic choreographed Half of Me - he's a fantastic Australian Creative Director having worked with the likes of:
    Robin Thicke
    Ricky Martin
    Jason Derulo
    Kelly Rowland
    Delta Goodrem
    Little Mix
    Olivia Newton-John
    Seal
    Joel Madden
    Natalie Bassingthwaighte
    Sam Sparro

He's provided choreography and worked for:
    The Aria Awards
    The X Factor
    Australia’s Next Top Model
    The Voice Australia
    The Logie Awards
    Australian Idol
    Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards
    So You Think You Can Dance USA.

...and the tumbleweed blew across the forum....;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RikScot wrote: »
    ...and the tumbleweed blew across the forum....;-)

Yet RikScot managed to be there wandering about amelessly :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet RikScot managed to be there wandering about amelessly :rolleyes:

I'm sure we'll have something to say when you post the link. Couldn't be any worse than the live slot..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure we'll have something to say when you post the link. Couldn't be any worse than the live slot..

It's all for the fans. Geri fans, Spice Girls fans...

Couldn't give a monkey's about the rest... they're always going to have cr*p to say - regardless!

From Geri to THE FANS ❤ "you know when you know it"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all for the fans. Geri fans, Spice Girls fans...

Couldn't give a monkey's about the rest... they're always going to have cr*p to say - regardless!

From Geri to THE FANS ❤ "you know when you know it"

I'll leave you to it then....happy sales counting
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll leave you to it then....happy sales counting

Honey, with 75 million record sales with the Spice Girls, 12 million solo sales and a combined 11 number one singles, she has nothing to prove.

This is for the fans. Not the odd-balls who are intent on bashing every move she makes!

Half of me is a great song.

We'll see.
  • Sweet7Sweet7 Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Honey, with 75 million record sales with the Spice Girls, 12 million solo sales and a combined 11 number one singles, she has nothing to prove.

This is for the fans. Not the odd-balls who are intent on bashing every move she makes!

Half of me is a great song.

We'll see.

Then why don't you listen to all the other Geri fans and talk in the appreciation thread? If you are so determined for it to be 'for the fans'.
This discussion has been closed.