Options

Wanted - Crimes against televsion.

basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
Forum Member
I am a few weeks behind but having just watched the girl who lived I am digested at the mess Moffat has put the show in. During the RTD era I loved every episode except those written by Moffet. Since the idoit moffet took over I have barely enjoyed one. How on earth he is loved by many disgusts me.

Comments

• Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's comedy gold!

and if it isn't deliberate?

Shame on the British education system.
  • Options
    stocklenstocklen Posts: 4,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    basdfg wrote: »
    I am a few weeks behind but having just watched the girl who lived I am digested at the mess Moffat has put the show in. During the RTD era I loved every episode except those written by Moffet. Since the idoit moffet took over I have barely enjoyed one. How on earth he is loved by many disgusts me.

well, its not a good idea to feed the trolls...

but, if you were digested then how can you even be operating a keyboard....? must be painful. You don't know Boba Fett do you?

Yes you hate Stephen Moffat - so much so you can't even spell his name correctly.

idoit too... i think we all do it. not sure what 'it' is, but thanks for telling us.

And if you have barely enjoyed one... can i suggest you put some clothes on when you watch?

5 years ago seems like the perfect time for you to have stopped watching and gone on to something you enjoy rather than forcing yourself to watch a programme that you so obviously don't enjoy.
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    I too, am disgusted at the thought that a showrunner has callously and stupidly failed to consider my preferences when writing stories. Not once has he sought out my opinion on what I'd barely enjoy. It's almost like he didn't write the series for my personal pleasure.
  • Options
    Lord SmexyLord Smexy Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must be the complete polar opposite of everybody else, because I love Moffat's Who, but strongly disliked RTD's Who. I've absolutely loved Series 5 onwards, but can't really look back on Series 1-4 without leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Of course, nothing beats the Hinchcliffe/Holmes combination as producer and script editor respectively. I'd like to see RTD or Moffat create a series with stories as brilliant as Genesis of the Daleks, The Brain of Morbius or The Seeds of Doom.
  • Options
    andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Bring back JNT that's all I have to say on the matter !
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Lord Smexy wrote: »
    I must be the complete polar opposite of everybody else, because I love Moffat's Who, but strongly disliked RTD's Who. I've absolutely loved Series 5 onwards, but can't really look back on Series 1-4 without leaving a bad taste in my mouth.
    Nah, you're not alone. There's a silent majority on both sides of the divide. Doesn't matter how unusual your opinion is, there's probably loads of people that agree - they're not always the most vocal, though.
  • Options
    adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yet another supremely dopey post. :)
    I wonder why basdfg is so disgusted with the thought of other people enjoying something that he doesn't? A teeny weeny over-reaction, surely?
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I haven't loved *every* episode of any era of Who! Surprised that the OP only disliked 'Empty Child....', 'Girl in the Fireplace', 'Blink' and 'Silence in the Library...' from RTD's era, mind. I prefer Moffat's era...just. (3 of his and 2 of Davies' in my Top 5 C21 series) so I will apologise in advance for adding to the OP's "disgust"!
  • Options
    Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lord Smexy wrote: »

Plenty of people feel the same way as you. They just have nothing much to rail against currently so are relatively quiet compared to those who loved RTD's Who and don't like Moffat's. But when RTD was around he got much the same invective that Moffat gets now. Haters are louder than lovers I guess.

Even more people like both but they really get shouted down :P

Personally, I appreciate / respect RTD's Who without really loving it (and yes, it quite often makes me cringe too) and love Moffat as a writer - a particularly freakish viewpoint it seems. Apparently I need to hate the one I don't have a preference for.
    Well, I haven't loved *every* episode of any era of Who! Surprised that the OP only disliked 'Empty Child....', 'Girl in the Fireplace', 'Blink' and 'Silence in the Library...' from RTD's era, mind.

Really? You're 'surprised' by anything the poster of the literary masterpiece that is the OP said? Really?? :p
  • Options
    sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Wait... Your title suggests you want crimes against television?

Maybe you should watch Jeremy Kyle...
  • Options
    BlueVioletBlueViolet Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    The doctor has been great in all his incarnations in my humble opinion. If you don't like a series, don't watch it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Tit wrote: »
    Even more people like both but they really get shouted down :P

Impossible. Blasphemy. :P

I tend to love Doctor Who in general regardless of writer, Doctor or companion (I still find Peter Davison's run to be very enjoyable despite how I kind of hate his companions, for example), but there are the few I find too much, such as Seasons 22-24 and most of RTD's run. On the other hand I love the bombastic amd politically-themed Barry Letts era on almost the same terms as the gothic horror-esque Hinchcliffe era and even the over-the-top Graham Williams years get a lot of enjoyment for me. With the number of changes the show has been through and with such variety there's always bound to be bumps along the way for most people.

I can't agree with the OP however about Moffat committing crimes against television. In my opinion his style marries perfectly with Doctor Who and is just what the revival needed, and masterpieces like Heaven Sent just say to me we've come a long way from the days of flatulent aliens and silly love stories.
  • Options
    ThamwetThamwet Posts: 2,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stocklen wrote: »
    well, its not a good idea to feed the trolls...

but, if you were digested then how can you even be operating a keyboard....? must be painful. You don't know Boba Fett do you?

Yes you hate Stephen Moffat - so much so you can't even spell his name correctly.

idoit too... i think we all do it. not sure what 'it' is, but thanks for telling us.

And if you have barely enjoyed one... can i suggest you put some clothes on when you watch?

5 years ago seems like the perfect time for you to have stopped watching and gone on to something you enjoy rather than forcing yourself to watch a programme that you so obviously don't enjoy.

Well, nor can you to be fair...it's Steven Moffat. However, I agree with what you are saying about this troll.
  • Options
    Brandon_SmithBrandon_Smith Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beung deopy is cool:confused::confused:
  • Options
    grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wanted-crimes against posting
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just watched Face the Raven. How on earth was that allowed to air. Awful awful awful. And everyone liked it? I have never seen an episode worse.
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's nice dear.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OMG. Heaven sent is 100 times worse than any previous Doctor who episode. Who has allowed Moffet to completely annihilate the show and also for a doctor worse than Matt Smith to be allowed?
  • Options
    Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    Just go away. Please.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dave-H wrote: »
    Please just go away.
    Cant take criticism then.
    I wish RTD would return. Before he left I never failed to enjoy an episode unless they were written by moffet. Now I rarely enjoy an episode.
  • Options
    shortcrustshortcrust Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's something that's kept me amused for a few minutes. Try to find a positive post in the OP's history. About anything.
  • Options
    lannerslanners Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    Just watched Face the Raven. How on earth was that allowed to air. Awful awful awful. And everyone liked it? I have never seen an episode worse.

I get the feeling you don't like Moffat and if the best story ever was written by him you'd go out of your way to dislike it so fair enough you don't like him or any of his stories he's written or anything about him. Fine just stop writing the same of stuff. We get it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant take criticism then.
    I wish RTD would return. Before he left I never failed to enjoy an episode unless they were written by moffet. Now I rarely enjoy an episode.

I wish Terrance Dicks would return but the show moves on. Too bad some people can't.
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's sledgehammer satire.....I think.

Anyone who thinks Heaven Sent is worse than any other Who episode is completely and utterly......entitled to their opinion.

Aahhhhhh. Gotcha.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's sledgehammer satire.....I think.

Anyone who thinks Heaven Sent is worse than any other Who episode is completely and utterly......entitled to their opinion.

Aahhhhhh. Gotcha.
    It was coma inducing and utterly Doctor who used to be fun and light but I don't think there been a fun episode in a few years.