Bit Of A Rant....

PyRoMaNiAcPyRoMaNiAc Posts: 417
Forum Member
Was just playing Star Wars Battlefront and the player at the top of the opposition was 31/10. Do these people never go out, plus they study each map and play them for hours on end?:confused::o

Comments

• DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    What's 31/10?
  • PyRoMaNiAcPyRoMaNiAc Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    What's 31/10?

31 kills 10 deaths.
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's 31/10?
    31 kills/10 Deaths I presume.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tbh I've only played the 10 hour free trial but this game seem like it's easy enough to get those kind of kills or more. One time I was in a Walker and managed to shoot so many people.
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    ah yes cheers.

seems not impossible if you get a walker or hero-token? Damn I've managed 39/1 in flight squadron as the falcon!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ah yes cheers.

seems not impossible if you get a walker or hero-token? Damn I've managed 39/1 in flight squadron as the falcon!
    Well obviously you need to get out more ;-)

I always find you have good games and bad games, think it depends on what team you have and how good the other side are, you don't necessarily need to play this countless days to get those kind of kill deaths ratios. But yeah picking up those heroes and other tokens helps a lot.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Surely if FPS games are your thang, and you play them all, then you'll be good enough to get those kind of scores. Like if you buy Call of Dury every year (you know who you are), then when the next one comes out you'll have a sizeable advantage over someone who's new to the series. And then if you play Battlefield and the other bazillion shooters then you can probably jump into any new shooter and open a can of whop ass on most people. All the buttons are usually the same in these games and tactics must be transferable between games so it could be a case that these nerds must just have the knack for shooting games. If I took all the time I've pumped into RPGs and had put that into shooters then I reckon I'd be pretty damn good at them too, and I'd like to think I have a life outside games.

And you thought you were having a rant :)
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Surely if FPS games are your thang, and you play them all, then you'll be good enough to get those kind of scores. Like if you buy Call of Dury every year (you know who you are), then when the next one comes out you'll have a sizeable advantage over someone who's new to the series. And then if you play Battlefield and the other bazillion shooters then you can probably jump into any new shooter and open a can of whop ass on most people. All the buttons are usually the same in these games and tactics must be transferable between games so it could be a case that these nerds must just have the knack for shooting games. If I took all the time I've pumped into RPGs and had put that into shooters then I reckon I'd be pretty damn good at them too, and I'd like to think I have a life outside games.

Pretty much this, when you have mastered one FPS you have pretty much learnt them all. Its very rare an FPS game really does anything new (As much as developer would love to have you believe they are innovating). The skills I learned playing TFC, Counter Strike and Battlefield 1942 pretty much cover all your bases.
  • reglipreglip Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    Once you have played a particular amount of hours in a game it clicks and you become very good. It may be 50 hours, 100 or 1000. If you want to be as good as them you have to enjoy the game enough to play those hours. If you carry on playing regularly you will also know the maps in and out and how to get those kills.
  • reglipreglip Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    Yuffie wrote: »

Its more about knowing the maps but obviously being well versed in the genre will advantage you over someone who doesnt play these types of game on a regular basis. Im not sure someone who is very good at a cod game will automatically be ripping it up in battlefront they are different games. Battlefront for example punishes you for using a scope whereas cod doesnt so if you try to play them the same you will probably not do well.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Battlefront is an easy game to get a high score in. A lot of people I know that have bought the game aren't FPS players & have bought the game purely based on them being Star Wars fans or seeing the tv ad and thinking it looked cool. I'd imagine that this may be the case for many others who have bought the game. People that have bought the game & have played a fair bit of FPS games in the past will have an advantage over those who haven't.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    I really was expecitng a rant, not two sentences...
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I routinely come top in Fighter Squadron, even without the Falcon or Slave 1. Must be all that Warhawk practice last gen.

Crap at the rest of the game though.
  • snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    I really was expecitng a rant, not two sentences...

Yeah it was more of a mildly raised objection. :D