Options

BF - Who will be next to sign up for Big Finish?

jxbrennajxbrenna Posts: 977
Forum Member
✭✭
So with David and John both reprising their Role for BF and Jemma and Ingrid doing a UNIT Series and John doing Torchwood.

Who do you think the next star will be?

Comments

• Options
    Lord SmexyLord Smexy Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Peter Capaldi signs on immediately after leaving the show, I would love to see him do a story with Tom Baker or Katy Manning.

It would be nice to see Eccleston do some stories and see his full potential in the role like Colin Baker and Paul McGann did.
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I'd love for it to be Christopher with Billie or Matt and Karen.
  • Options
    rollgeorgerollgeorge Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    I'd like to hear the multi doctor story we were robbed of at the 50th. Featuring ALL living Doctors plus cameos from the first three in the form of archive material. One can only dream.
  • Options
    GDKGDK Posts: 9,478
    Forum Member
    rollgeorge wrote: »
    I'd like to hear the multi doctor story we were robbed of at the 50th. Featuring ALL living Doctors plus cameos from the first three in the form of archive material. One can only dream.

BIB: No harm in wanting that, but "robbed of"? Really? Who did the "robbing"? Do you actually think it would have been practical/realistic?
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The full Paternoster Gang seems likely at some point. And can certainly see Matt appearing in the future, but probably still a bit too soon. Peter C in a few years is likely; Christopher? Probably not. Then again, Tom took his time so never say never....
  • Options
    lylonic_xlylonic_x Posts: 2,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    I'd love for it to be Christopher with Billie or Matt and Karen.

My ultimate one would be a multi-doctor story featuring Chris, David and Matt...maybe with either Billie or one of the other companions (Donna, Martha or Amy)
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Chris could do it as it wouldn't be a gruelling schedule. Plus it wouldn't be on tv do he won't have to promote it.
  • Options
    Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know that in the past Big Finish's contract only entitled them to use characters and concepts from Classic Who but I suppose that has changed now.

I have no idea what kind of contract Big Finish have with the BBC now but in regard to Doctors I think they'll want to leave a reasonable gap before using outgoing incarnations. you don't want Capaldi reprising the role in audio just as his replacement is starting as it could tend to undermine him.

I think a reasonable amount of time has passed for Tennant to reprise the 10th Doctor.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Tit wrote: »
    I know that in the past Big Finish's contract only entitled them to use characters and concepts from Classic Who but I suppose that has changed now.

I have no idea what kind of contract Big Finish have with the BBC now but in regard to Doctors I think they'll want to leave a reasonable gap before using outgoing incarnations. you don't want Capaldi reprising the role in audio just as his replacement is starting as it could tend to undermine him.

I think a reasonable amount of time has passed for Tennant to reprise the 10th Doctor.

They now have the rights to everything up to The Time of the Doctor; they could release 11/Ponds/Clara audios tomorrow in the (unlikely) event any of the actors wanted to do them
  • Options
    Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    They now have the rights to everything up to The Time of the Doctor; they could release 11/Ponds/Clara audios tomorrow in the (unlikely) event any of the actors wanted to do them

Interesting. As I said above, I think that would be slightly too soon for the 11th Doctor. If I was the BBC I'd want to be two Doctors ahead of the most recent Big Finish one. I'm talking just about incarnations of the Doctor, not the rest of the cast, although I also feel a character should be 'gone' from the TV show before they appear in audio (and I think River and Jack pretty much are now). That would discount the current UNIT team I suppose. You just have to be very careful not to undermine what the showrunner is doing with the TV show, and the 'closer' you let Big Finish get to your story the more communication is necessary and therefore more work you are creating for yourself.

Of course, I imagine that their position is still that Big Finish is only canon if you personally choose it to be and the TV show is only answerable to itself in that regard.

I can't imagine Matt Smith wanting to do it in the forseeable future anyway.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The full Paternoster Gang seems likely at some point. And can certainly see Matt appearing in the future, but probably still a bit too soon. Peter C in a few years is likely; Christopher? Probably not. Then again, Tom took his time so never say never....

Strax recently appeared in a Jago and Litefoot story so perhaps the full Paternoster Could appear in one soon which could act as a backdoor pilot for a whole series of Paternoster adventures.

Speaking of the UNIT series what are the chances of Yates and/or Benton turning up in one of the stories??
  • Options
    grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Strax recently appeared in a Jago and Litefoot story so perhaps the full Paternoster Could appear in one soon which could act as a backdoor pilot for a whole series of Paternoster adventures.

Speaking of the UNIT series what are the chances of Yates and/or Benton turning up in one of the stories??

they seem to be keeping Yates for the recast third doctor stories. Benton seems less likely as he didn't enjoy the 1 story he did for the companion chronicles (blaming a dirty microphone amongst other things). He has been a bit more forgiving of them recently and there are various rumours that he will be involved with volume 2 of the third doctor stories. As for unit they seem to be sticking with themes and characters from the current show. Seems unlikely they would fit in with that
  • Options
    POTDPOTD Posts: 9,910
    Forum Member
    The Paternosters would be an obvious one, seeing that they are still within the Doctor Who universe (appearing in the children's Doctor Who comic) but are unlikely to reappear in the main show.

At some point in the future, I'd love an 11/Clara audio set during the (long) period between Name of the Doctor and Time of the Doctor, but this will be a long way off as Matt and Jenna have a lot on their plate and Clara has only just left the show.