Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,683
    Forum Member
    tally wrote: »
    :) Can any of you experts give me a viewing figure for Bio's Lorraine Kelly's Next Big Fat Challenge please. (Tuesday 24th August, 8pm)
    Only there's a hoot of a thread in the Showbiz section started by either a WUM or someone who is *ahem* mentally not all there-claiming it got well over 1m viewers.
    Now while most of Britain has never heard of the Chawneys and cares even less, loads of us have derived so much amusement from this thread that I actually would like to know the ratings.

Ta ever so.
    We should find out on the 6th September when the officials come out.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was boosted to some degree by the series 1 repeat on Channel Five directly beforehand, but I don't believe for one second that it topped 1m. Most Bio programmes rate below 50k.
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    Yes. thats what I was thinking. Could work like Sherlock Holmes used to for ITV.
    Odd thing is, I think there's only one book they can adapt (as far as I can tell)?

K
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the w/c September 4, my Digiguide is showing the BBC2 schedule for both BBC1 and 2!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »

I wouldn't be surprised if it was boosted to some degree by the series 1 repeat on Channel Five directly beforehand, but I don't believe for one second that it topped 1m. Most Bio programmes rate below 50k.
    Thanks. I so hope it barely scraped in any rankings. The thread is far funnier than watching that awful family.
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    KennyT wrote: »
    Hmm, might that be another police procedural for ITV?

K

Deja Vu :D
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    Now that ITV's schedules have updated, we can see the respective battles for the week beginning Sunday 5th September (my opinion on who will win next to it, anything in bold programme wise is new):

05/09 - Secret Britain vs U Be Dead --> [highlight]??? win[/highlight]
    06/09 - Who Do You Think You Are? vs Bouquet of Barbed Wire --> [highlight]??? win[/highlight]
    07/09 - The Young Ones vs Help! I Caught it Abroad! 2 --> [highlight]BBC win[/highlight]
    08/09 - Waterloo Road/Crimewatch vs Midsomer Murders (8pm to 10pm) --> [highlight]ITV win[/highlight]
    09/09 - Motorway Cops vs Law and Order UK --> [highlight]ITV win[/highlight]
    10/09 - New Tricks vs Paul O'Grady Live --> [highlight]BBC win[/highlight]

Getting the obvious out the way first, New Tricks will beat Paul O'Grady and I'm pretty certain ITV will win Wednesday and Thursday given the opposition.

Tuesday could go either way, but I've given it to BBC because they tend to do better when two documentaries clash. I do think ITV should have put 71 Degrees North here though to capitalise on poor opposition.

Sunday and Monday are question marks. I've got no idea at all how U Be Dead will do, and I think that could either do relatively well or tank badly. Bouquet of Barbed Wire should do well, but that depends on who is on Who Do You Think You Are? really - if they've got a relative unknown on, then ITV should win Monday as well.
    BBC One is showing Motorway Cops on the Tuesday at 9pm.
  • Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KennyT wrote: »
    Odd thing is, I think there's only one book they can adapt (as far as I can tell)?

K

They could easily do a Lewis on it. Colin Dexter is no mloger writing those.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC Press Office has updated, a lot of Pope coverage on 16th and 17th September. Merlin is back on 11th September, and on the 12th September on BBC One:
    Heroes
    Sunday 12 September
    8.00-10.00pm BBC ONE

BBC One presents coverage of the spectacular Help For Heroes, Heroes Concert from Twickenham Stadium, featuring musical performances from artists including Robbie Williams, Enrique Iglesias and The Wanted.

Other musical acts confirmed for the concert include James Blunt, Alexandra Burke, Alesha Dixon, Katherine Jenkins, Pixie Lott, Plan B and The Saturdays.

Hosting the action on stage are some of the UK's top comic names including John Bishop, Kevin Bridges, Jack Dee, Rhod Gilbert, Peter Kay, Jason Manford and Michael McIntyre. There's also a special guest appearance from the legendary Bruce Forsyth.

As well as being broadcast on BBC One, the event will be transmitted to military bases across the UK through British Forces Broadcasting. Coverage will include interviews with the artists as well as with servicemen and women about their experiences.
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC Press Office has updated, a lot of Pope coverage on 16th and 17th September.
    I'd like to think the Thursday morning stuff will go on BBC Two, rather than the Press Office claim of it going on BBC One.

I'd expect 24/7 Pope on Sky News for those two days, because they love a bit of Pope on Sky News. ;)
  • Options
    all_nightall_night Posts: 7,620
    Forum Member
    Well, after two days since winning Josie has walked. That should help tomorrow ratings wise.
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bouquet of Barbed Wire should do well, but that depends on who is on Who Do You Think You Are? really - if they've got a relative unknown on, then ITV should win Monday as well.

Jason Donovan is next Monday so it must be either Hugh Quarshie or Alan Cumming first week in September as these are the two left in the UK series.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rzt wrote: »
    In some commissioning news, a new single-drama on ITV1:

Do you know if that's a two hour drama?

Like i posted a couple of pages back,on th ITV Media
    site there is another David Jason 2 hour drama called Come Rain or Shine ( i think its called that anyway)

ITV seem to be having a few more of these 2 hour special's lately and like i said again a few pages back. ITV should say in Feb/March have a drama the same time each week i.e "
    Sunday Night Drama Premiers" , following on from the sucessful Monday Night Thrillers season a while back.
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason Donovan is next Monday so it must be either Hugh Quarshie or Alan Cumming first week in September as these are the two left in the UK series.
    Alan Cumming, according to RT...

http://www.radiotimes.com/ListingsServlet?event=10&channelId=94&programmeId=126608830&jspLocation=/jsp/prog_details_fullpage.jsp

K
  • Options
    rztrzt Posts: 21,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sstripling wrote: »
    Do you know if that's a two hour drama?
    Yep 2 hours including adverts.
    ITV seem to be having a few more of these 2 hour special's lately and like i said again a few pages back. ITV should say in Feb/March have a drama the same time each week i.e "
    Sunday Night Drama Premiers" , following on from the sucessful Monday Night Thrillers season a while back.
    Would be a great idea but they have Dancing on Ice and Wild at Heart on Sundays in Feb/March. Then I'd expect Lewis and Vera in the Spring. So I think it might be in summer next year when we'll see this on TV. I reckon it's simply a one-off with no intention of having more episodes of it unless it rates exceptionally well.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They could easily do a Lewis on it. Colin Dexter is no longer writing those.

Did he write any, or was he just a script advisor?
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,683
    Forum Member
    all_night wrote: »
    Well, after two days since winning Josie has walked. That should help tomorrow ratings wise.
    Also gives them scope to thrown in 3 more tomorrow instead of the planned 2?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Also gives them scope to thrown in 3 more tomorrow instead of the planned 2?

Well apparently the two going in are going into the bed sit, which is very silly as that is just like us watching at home, has no impact at all.

I'd be surprised if she is replaced.
  • Options
    jonnyblackjonnyblack Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well apparently the two going in are going into the bed sit, which is very silly as that is just like us watching at home, has no impact at all.

I'd be surprised if she is replaced.

Did you not see the BB5 bedsit? One of the best twists ever.

If it is executed properly then figures should be strong for tomorrow and the week after.
  • Options
    gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    UBB doing very well last night. :)
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC One is showing Motorway Cops on the Tuesday at 9pm.

Yeah, seems like they're putting a repeat documentary called Small Teen Big World on the Thursday at 9pm. The Young Ones will be stripped over 3 days from Tuesday to Thursday on the following week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jonnyblack wrote: »
    Did you not see the BB5 bedsit? One of the best twists ever.

If it is executed properly then figures should be strong for tomorrow and the week after.

I've seen every Big Brother!

The spoilers on the BB Forum say that Victor and Michelle are going into the bedsit, hence that it would have no impact as it would be just like watching at home.

What will be good is if it is executed in BB5 by putting in two current UBB housemates

So apologise to me for questioning if i had seen BB5 NOW

(joking, before anyone gets on a horse and tramples me)
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    I've seen every Big Brother!

The spoilers on the BB Forum say that Victor and Michelle are going into the bedsit, hence that it would have no impact as it would be just like watching at home.

What will be good is if it is executed in BB5 by putting in two current UBB housemates

So apologise to me for questioning if i had seen BB5 NOW

(joking, before anyone gets on a horse and tramples me)

They'll be playing pranks on them too though. I agree it won't have as much of an impact but I don't think anyone is expecting Fight Night Part II. It's just a nice nod back to a classic twist which is what UBB is all about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Agent F wrote: »
    They'll be playing pranks on them too though. I agree it won't have as much of an impact but I don't think anyone is expecting Fight Night Part II. It's just a nice nod back to a classic twist which is what UBB is all about.

Still doesnt really work though because the concept was to watch people you have been living with and wanted you out. Be interesting to see how it goes.
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both are BBC wins. Bouquet is not high ratings material. It may win BAFTAs but it wont rate well.

I think ITV have very high hopes for it as I saw a trailer for it at the cinema the other day before The Expendables, and they wouldn't splash out on cinema advertising for it if they expected it to flop. It'll be under the Monday Night Thrillers tag and has a well known cast and I think it'll do well, as it is still pretty mainstream unlike flops such as An Englishman In New York and The Prisoner.

IIRC the last series got pretty high ratings for Bio (~100k) and I agree that the C5 repeats will have boosted it. I know I shouldn't watch such utter rubbish but it is such a hoot and I can't help myself from watching it - it's car crash TV that's impossible to ignore once you've seen it and i suspect others feel the same way.
  • Options
    BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 24,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't expect such a boost for Ultimate BB - I think if they hold on tonight they'll keep them tomorrow too.
This discussion has been closed.