Options

The Joe McElderry Appreciation Thread (Part 10)

Comments

• Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We will have to cancel! She is not well enough. :(
  • Options
    LancashireLass2LancashireLass2 Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MichelleMK wrote: »
    Everything crossed for you Gill - hope you can see it. It's an incredible show which is getting rave reviews :)

https://www.thestage.co.uk/reviews/2015/whos-tommy-rock-opera-review-rock-classic-lights-blackpools-illuminations-season/

http://www.northwestend.co.uk/index.php/professional-reviews/140-tommy-winter-gardens-blackpool

http://www.lep.co.uk/what-s-on/review-tommy-the-rock-musical-at-blackpool-opera-house-1-7462232

Was lucky enough to see the opening shows on Saturday and wow - it really is superb! So brilliant I've booked tickets for a couple of extra shows I hadn't intended to!
    Joe's voice is outstanding and there's not one weak link among the rest of the cast.
    My other favourite among them is Ashley Birchall (who played the title role of Tommy at Greenwich Theatre last month) - he's compelling to watch as the Hawker and a very accomplished actor/performer.

Hope you get a chance to see it Gill, fingers crossed for you!

Absolutely love this stunning show! Glad we went back yesterday and the amazing cast thoroughly deserved the standing ovations. Just when you think Joe can't surprise you he goes up another level, Loved his performance. :cool: So sorry you can't get to see it Gill and hope your sister gets well soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    Big announcement from Joe on Twitter! He is to star in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat next year on a nationwide tour! I love that musical - so funny!

Thrilled to bits for him about this! :D He'll make a wonderful Joseph and can't wait to see it. Sounds like it's going to be a long tour next year.

In the meantime, after Tommy finishes on the 26th, Joe's own Evolution tour continues, details on his Official Website :D

http://joemcelderryofficial.com/tour-dates/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am even more delighted to learn that Joseph will be coming to Southampton in July! I hope he is still in it then. We will still go to Oxford to see the show and have a short holiday there.

The timing for the Southampton announcement came on the day I should have been seeing Tommy in Blackpool so at least I have something else to look forward to.
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thrilled to bits for him about this! :D He'll make a wonderful Joseph and can't wait to see it. Sounds like it's going to be a long tour next year.

In the meantime, after Tommy finishes on the 26th, Joe's own Evolution tour continues, details on his Official Website :D

http://joemcelderryofficial.com/tour-dates/

Joseph is one of my favourite stage musicals - I hope he comes to Sheffield or at least Yorkshire :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patti-Ann, Joseph is scheduled to be at Leeds on 22 to 26 March and at York on 26 to 30 April next year. Any of those any use?
  • Options
    jadojado Posts: 1,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all! So yesterday, as its now Thursday now, I got to see Joe as Tommy! I thought i'd do a quick review for you guys. :)
    So, I left my flat at about 7.15 this morning. I did my usual routine, took Brodie out and then went down to the bus stop. I thought, oh, there’ll be a bus, there won’t be a problem. There are 2 buses I can catch that will take me to Putney Bridge, one takes longer than the other. The first bus that appears was the long one, so I thought i’d leave it and wait. Well, after that, about 4 or 5 buses came and went, all going to places that I didn’t need. All in all I was waiting for almost 20 minutes until my bus turned up. I jumped on, just about found a seat, and we were off. By this time I was getting stressed. I posted on the forum to let you guys know where I was, we were stuck in very slow moving traffic. Eventually I arrived at Putney Bridge and I told the station staff member that i’d be going to Euston, so please could Victoria stop their escalators for me and Brodie? The guy radioed through and they said that because it was peak time, they couldn’t. This really wound me up, I was stressed because it was about 8.15 and I had just over an hour to make my train. In the end, he told me to jump off at Embankment get the Northern line and euston should be fine. So, I jumped on a rather packed district line and made it to embankment. Yep, you’ve guessed it, sorry Madam, we’ve just spoke to Euston, due to peak hours we can’t stop the escalators there for you. If you go to Euston square, go out the station, cross the road, and you’ll see euston station right there. I said to him, I can’t see it, i’m blind. He was like, there’s nothing I can do about that.
    I got on the train to euston square. it seemed to be moving so slowly! I cursed every red signal and the train just seemed to take so long to get there! By the time I arrived, it was about 9.20 and the train i had supposed to get would have left in 10 minutes. all that journey, i’d not got a seat, it was so packed!
    Typical Embankment hadn’t explained my situation to euston square, so I wasted another 2 minutes or so telling the staff what had happened. A lovely guy said he would walk me to Euston, and i’m so glad he did as I wouldn’t have found it on my own. To me, when a guy says come out the station and it’s across the road, that means, go out the station, cross over and it’s in front of you, well this was more difficult to get too.
    As we walked into Euston, I checked the time. 9.31. Damn! I’d missed my train! I felt like I wanted to cry! I’d been travelling for 2 hours, all to have just missed that train! I was so scared that I would have to have paid out loads for a new ticket, but luckily we found out it was valid for the 10.30 train as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got settled and got talking to a lovely lady across the isle from me called Pauline. She was changing at Preston so said she’d help me off the train. Also our train didn’t have a trolley, it had a shop that was like 3 carriages away, so she said to tell her if I got hungry and she’d go and get me something. So, I settled down and listened to Joe on spotify for a bit. The journey to Preston went really quickly! Pauline got me a bacon butty and a cuppa so I had that to keep me going.
    When I got to Preston, the assistance guy was really helpful! Pauline stayed nearby to just make sure he put me on the right train. She told me that she wished she could have gone to see Tommy, but she’s been really busy and she is really busy for the rest of the week. One thing I noticed about the train to Blackpool was that it didn’t talk. Luckily I only had 2 stops to go so it wasn’t that bad. I eventually arrived into Blackpool at about 1.15 where I was met off the train and I met Rosie at the ticket barriers.
    We went, toilette Brodie and jumped in a taxi to go and collect my tickets. Once done, we went into a cafe in the restaurant and I had a cuppa and some crisps. By the time we’d done all that, it was about 2.15 so time to take our seats. We were right at the back, so while the doors were open, it was a bit draughty. we were sat on these bucket seat things.
    The theatre wasn’t that full which was a shame, I really wish it could have filled up more!
    I did wonder how Brodie would cope with this show what with all the electric guitars, gun shots, sirens, but as usual, he slept through most of it!
    Unfortunately this review isn’t going to be as detailed as my normal review. I really did enjoy the show, I thought everyone was brilliant! I loved all the harmonies when everyone sang together, and it was just so gripping, and just wow!
    Joe was incredible! I can’t get Pinball wizard or Sensation out of my head! The bit that got me was when Joe was like, See me, Feel me, touch me, Heal me! I could just hear the emotion he put in his voice, and I bet, to look at him, I bet he looked really sad as well!
    I didn’t like Cousin Kevin much, that song he sang was so horrible! I thought he was played really well though!
    This was one show though, where I wished I could have actually seen it! Without the amazing emails that Rosie had sent me over the weekend, I would not have had a clue of what was going on in each scene!
    I loved Joe’s London accent in the second half, it really made me smile! I loved it that he had a load more songs in this half as well, and he definitely didn’t disappoint!
    I’m so glad to be a fan of his, I will always support him!
    I really wish I could be there for the last few shows on Saturday, but i’m just grateful that i’ve been able to make it to at least 1 show!
    When the show finished, we went and sat round by the stage door for a bit, to see if Joe would come out. We doubted it as he’d need his rest and would need to eat before the evenings performance, but we thought it’d be worth a try.
    We gave it 10 minutes and then made our way back to the station with a fan called Sheila. We stopped to grab something to eat and a drink.
    Then Rosie took me back to the assistance, I thanked her and they got me on the train.
    The first train was fine, and so was the connecting train.
    When I got off at euston, a guy got off with me and he said to the assistance people that he’d help me find a taxi, so he took me out to the street and he stayed with me while I booked an uber and when it arrived he made sure I was in it before he left.
    It was so cheap to get home, it only cost me £20! If that had been a normal black cab it would have been about £50!
    I made it home by about 10.15!
    So, what an eventful day! It was such a good day though, the show this afternoon made up for the bad morning. I’m just so grateful that Joe has helped me to make great friends like you guys, and I can’t wait to see what he has in store for us next!
    Sorry this review isn’t as detailed as normal, I think it’s harder as it’s not one of Joe’s own shows and I can’t remember all the songs.
    One thing I did notice today though, was that when the actors were speaking, sometimes the pics were really quiet, so maybe the sound engineers could have fixed that a little? But apart from that, it was a fantastic show, definitely worth the travelling!

Hope you all enjoy this though! As it’s like 1.30 in the morning now, i’m gonna head off to bed as i’ve been awake for about 20 hours, so i’m exhausted!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad you enjoyed it Jade, it certainly was a long day for you!

Well it was the last performance of Tommy last night and Joe and the cast outdid themselves! What a sensational show and the huge audience loved it. Cheering, dancing and clapping and the atmosphere was fabulous! :D

So happy for Joe. Loads of exciting stuff going on. Next on the list is the second part of his own long Evolution tour with his fabulous band! More wonderful music of all genres and dancing in the aisles! :D Prepare the glow sticks! :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patti-Ann, Joseph is scheduled to be at Leeds on 22 to 26 March and at York on 26 to 30 April next year. Any of those any use?

Leeds is nearest for me - it would have to be a matinee performance and fall on a day when I'm not working. I'll have to work my dates out ;-)

If dates don't tally for Leeds, I'll consider York, but again it would have to be a matinee :)

Do you have a list of venues :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the latest list. The ones which don't have a "book online" message will be announced soon. Is Buxton near you?
    16 - 20 Feb: Weston-Super-Mare The Playhouse. 01934 645544 Book online
    23 - 27 Feb: St Helens, Theatre Royal. 01764 756000 Book online
    8 - 12 March: Oxford, New Theatre. 0844 871 3020 Book online
    15 - 19 March: Kings Lynn Corn Exchange. 01553 764864 Book online
    22 – 26 March: Leeds, Grand Theatre. 0844 848 2700 Book online
    12 - 16 April: Grimsby Auditorium. 0300 300 0035 Book online
    19 – 23 April: Billingham Forum Theatre. 01642 552663 Book online
    26 – 30 April: York, Grand Opera House. 0844 871 3024 Book online
    10 - 14 May: King's Theatre Glasgow. 0844 871 7648 Book online
    17 – 21 May: Wolverhampton Grand Theatre. 01902 429 212 Book online
    24 – 28 May: New Brighton Floral Pavilion. 0151 666 0000
    31 May – 4 June: Sunderland, Empire Theatre. 0844 871 3022 Book online
    7 - 12 June: Buxton Opera House. 0845 127 2190
    28 June – 2 July: Milton Keynes Theatre. 0844 871 7652
    5 – 9 July: Southampton Mayflower Theatre. 02380 711811

By the way I have my tickets for Oxford. Ordered Friday, came on Tuesday!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fabulous evening at the first show of Joe's Evoluttion tour Part 2!
    Packed audience cheering for him even before curtain up! :D What a brilliant atmosphere and Joe in great voice! Looking slim, healthy and very handsome too! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/ue2ffv

My review of Joe at Bishops Stortford.

So, I last saw Joe on September 23rd playing Tommy in Blackpool. Who would have thought that 9 days later, i’d be travelling to Bishops Stortford with just Brodie, to see him! I’d thought about this one for a long time, but i’d not been sure. It was a shame, Megan who I normally go to shows with is away in South Africa and this show is only 20 minutes away from where she lives normally.
    I tweeted the other day saying i was interested, and Amanda dm’d me saying she couldn’t make it and she had a spare ticket in row c, so I thought i’d take it, plus, she said I didn’t have to pay for it either, which was lovely!
    So, I rang the venue and told them I had a guide dog, but they said the ticket Amanda had wasn’t an isle seat, so they moved me to the front row, A3 which would be better for me and for Brodie.
    We left home, ran to the bus stop and just as we arrived, my bus did too, so we were in luck. We took the bus to Putney Bridge, then got the tube. We changed at Nottinghill gate, and then took the central line to Liverpool street. When we got there, I discovered that there were only escalators up to the national rail. Luckily, the guys here were a lot more friendly, so I arrived, about half an hour early for my train. They were really friendly and really helpful though and put me on an earlier train. I got talking to a lovely lady who was also getting off at Bishops.
    She helped me off when we arrived and luckily there was someone on the platform. We waited around half an hour for a taxi to arrive, when it did, they took me to the theatre.
    I arrived, spoke to reception and a lovely guy took me into the bar and got me a coke.

I barely took 2 sips when I heard a Geordie female voice. I thought I recognised it, but I couldn’t be sure.

“are you ok? It’s Joe’s Mam Eileen what’s your name again?” She had found me in the bar and came over.
    I told her I was Jade and that i’d travelled up on my own and she told me I was very brave. I told her how i’d been to Tommy as well and she was very impressed. I told her how i’d bought 2 Tommy programs for Megan and Hannah that I was hoping to get signed, and she said, “Come with me, I’ll take you in the meet and greet.”
    I said, but I haven’t got a ticket? and she was like, it’s fine, come with me, i’ll let Joe know that you’ll be there.
    So, I abandoned my coke, took her arm and she took me into the theatre and sat me down. She is so nice, I kept on saying, thank you, thank you, thank you! and she kept saying it’s ok, I deserve it!
    She checked my ticket and the funny thing was, without realising it, she’d sat me down in the exact seat that was mine during the show. Then she disappeared off through a door to my right to go and tell Joe that I would be there.
    I just wanted to cry, I felt so happy!

About 2 minutes later, Joe came out and asked how I was and Brodie and gave me a hug. I still find it amazing that he remembers our names! He said he felt like Brodie had got bigger since he last saw him, he kept on saying how calm and chilled out Brodie is too. I told Joe that he was amazing as Tommy and he said he appreciated it and told me that i’d done well to travel all the way to see it. He asked how Sparky was doing, and I told him she’s good, then he signed Megan and Hannah’s programs for them. He then asked if i’d like a selfie which of course I did. He was watching me use my phone and he was amazed at how I use the iphone without any sight, he was asking how I use voiceover and stuff. So, he took a Selfie on my phone and he also signed my ticket for me too. He then said, Don’t let Jules see Brodie, she’ll wanna take him home! He’s so lovely though, he made sure I found my seat again afterwards, and he was just, so nice! He then went onto the rest of the people in there. EBJ got a pic of me, Brodie and Joe, so hopefully she will be able to post it up, BumbleB sent it to me through watsapp which was nice.
    After I met Joe, someone with a very deep kind of voice came over and sat with me, I asked who it was, and it was David! If you’re reading this David, I hope i’ve not offended you, I just wasn’t expecting your voice to be so deep! I was so grateful i’d got to see him, i’d wanted to thank him for ages for all he does for Joe!
    He said I was welcome. He then introduced me to someone else special, Anthony Coster, who played cousin Kevin was also in the house. He was amazed that i’d travelled so far as well!
    I met Julia too which was nice!
    David then started to tell me about someone he knew who was at Joe’s show tonight who had lost their sight in one eye, so I said to david, to get me in touch with them and I can give them some tips. He said he’d come back during the interval to talk to me, but sadly, he didn’t.
    There was also a lady called Chris who was there too, but i’m not too sure who she is?

Then 2 guys, Gavin, and Tom, who had met Joe at VIP came over and asked if me and Brodie would want a drink so I tagged along with them and got a drink before the show. They were really helpful!
    I had a coke, Brodie had a bowl of water, and before we knew it, it was time for the show to start. I was sat near Helen and Liz, lovely to meet you Helen by the way!

The set for the autumn dates is pretty similar, the song he opens with is somebody to love!
    I was front row, right by the speakers, the base! wow! How Brodie slept through the whole lot again, I will never know! He just flopped out across my feet and didn’t really move much!
    I loved the drums in this, the guitar, there’s nothing quite like a full band Joe show! The crowd in there were amazing tonight! Anyone sighted, how full was it? It sounded packed in there, but i’m not sure?
    Someone had one of those really loud whistles though, so I dread to think how loud it was for poor Brodie’s ears.
    I don’t know what was wrong with me, but I couldn’t stop crying throughout this show, Joe just seemed soooo good!!!
    Up next was dance with my father. I love hearing Joe sing this, it never gets boring!
    Joe then did his intro chat. He said about the flash brigade in the front row, he could see their little lights on his curtain when it goes black. He said how last nights audience were good and how we’ve got a bit of proving to do to see if we’d be better or not. He then explained about the show going through the albums and everything, and then it was the climb!
    I honestly love this rocked up version so much! again the drums were incredible! they just add so much to it! and the part at the beginning with Joe just singing, wow! He really seemed on top form!
    After the climb, it was wide awake. I’ve always loved this song, but especially live! I was only expecting Joe to sing the shortened version like he used to do, but he gave us the full long version with all the amazing bits in it! That set me off crying again, just wow!
    Up next was love of my life. Again, Joe gave a stunning, emotional performance! I loved the piano, his vocals, he just sounded so good on this!
    Joe then told everyone that he was drinking honey and lemon. He told us how he had a special metal cup that had came with him everywhere on the last 2 tours, it was like his lucky charm, but now he’s lost it. He never went on stage without it. He then said he might have taken his new little bottle from somewhere. he said how he gets to travel to nice places and stay in nice hotels and how some nice hotels, have, very nice things… and then nice things sometimes slip off the table and into the case. he was saying how he watched a documentary on channel 4 and they were saying that it costs the hotel fortunes even if someone just steals a coffee cup, they end up spending like £50000 on coffee cups a year! he was like if i’ve taken anything from your hotels, i’m sorry!
    He’s so funny!
    He then went on to talk about popstar to operastar and he sang canto della terra!
    This gets me every time, and hearing it front row was no exception! Those low notes, that power, the way he rolls his r’s, I was in heaven! I thought his voice cracked a little bit in a couple of places, but he still sang this amazingly!
    Then I heard some people saying something in italian and Joe asked them how his accent was and they said it was good!
    He then said that ricky knows spanish and when Joe sang unbreak my heart, he was like to ricky’s mum, how was the spanish? and she said, we’ll talk about it later!
    He then said he’d introduce a new song and he sat on his stool. he told everyone how he’d enjoyed Tommy, and he gave Cousin Kevin a shoutout as he was in the house.
    The new song was I wanna make you mine. It was beautiful! So full of emotion, just lovely!
    Joe then went on to talk about his here’s what I believe album, and he introduced How we love.
    This gave me goosebumps, and again, made me cry! Just beautiful! Before he sang, he said he had a really annoying itchy nose and he was trying to style it out but it wasn’t working!
    The last song before the interval was time to say goodbye. This as always was outstanding and he got a standing ovation!

During the interval Gavin and Tom came and checked on me and Brodie to make sure we were ok which was nice. I thought it was nice that Joe had people from different countries there, Italians, and Tom is from France.

The first song after the interval was love is war. Brodie resumed his stretched out position across my feet. I was worried that he might get stood on as lots of people had got up to dance down the front, but there was a person sat on my right and he said he’d make sure everything would be ok.
    After Love is war, was human! This was great!
    Up next was the fun part of the show, Jukebox Joe! The first song Joe got was Phil Colins in the air tonight. He sounded so good at this, I wish he knew more of it!
    Then he got asked to sing Sensation from Tommy. I love that song so much! it was nice to hear Ross on the piano, and just to be able to hear the words properly sang by Joe!
    He said the band had tried to learn bits of Tommy songs as he knew that everyone this first week would ask for Tommy requests. Up next was the duet! They sounded so good together!
    Bless her, the girl was so nervous, but she had no need to be!
    I was so impressed though! Gareth managed to get her a second mic.
    Joe started off and he sounded amazing! Then she sang and joe encouraged her. I thought she was a bit nervous on her verse, but they harmonised really well together and sounded really good! I’m so pleased I got a recording of it! Joe was like, we like a bit of variety on the Joe McElderry show!
    Up next was Happy! It was so good to hear this again!
    He got a few Elvis requests which eh politely declined. He was like, 3 strikes and you’re out!
    He then got asked for Cliff Richard, and he sang we’re all going on a summer holiday!
    Up next was feeling good! This was amazing! It was soooo good with the band, wow!
    The last song in JBJ was thinking out loud by ed sheeran.

The next song was Fahrenheit! I’ve always loved this live and with the band, it’s even better! The place was rocking, and Brodie, was still sleeping!
    Up next was the medley of Don’t stop believing and up town funk! I absolutely love Joe singing up town funk, he’s so good at it!
    Up next was Hollywood! I don’t know why, but I always forget about this song!
    It’s just so good and makes you want to dance!
    After Hollywood, everyone clapped, cheered, and Joe sang ambitions!
    I got up, danced and clapped along! Brodie got up for like 2 minutes, and then flopped back down on my feet while I was dancing!
    Wow! what an amazing show! How does he do it? He gets better and better every time!
    After the show, I met up with Michelle, Annie, Tash and Rosie. It was so nice to see them all!
    They took me to reception and waited with me until my taxi arrived.
    The driver was lovely, he took me into the station and found me a member of staff. As we got to the platform, we met up with bumbleB, Heidi, Geeny and a few others and we all shared the same train to London which was lovely!

I got home no trouble, I got the central line back to Nottinghill gate, Then the district line to Putney Bridge, and just as I got there a bus arrived, so I got the bus home and was back by about 12.15.

What an absolutely incredible night though! I’m so thankful to Joe’s mum, to Joe, to David, to Michelle, Annie, Rosie, to everyone who helped to make it an amazing night and helped to make sure i was safe!
    Was it worth the journey? Of course it was !
    Would I do it again? I’d do the whole thing again tomorrow in a heartbeat!
    Roll on Edminton where i’ll see Joe with Jess! Only 5 weeks to go!
    Here is my recording again guys, enjoy!
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/ue2ffv
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the latest list. The ones which don't have a "book online" message will be announced soon. Is Buxton near you?

Buxton depends on train connections.

Hopefully one of them will fall into place :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so on his tour this week, Joe decided to cover a beautiful song by Jessy Wear, say you love me. hhere is a recording thanks to the amazing michelle! Say You Love Me - Joe McElderry - Hartlepool #EvolutionTour http://youtu.be/B6gsybF7MzU?a
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jado wrote: »
    so on his tour this week, Joe decided to cover a beautiful song by Jessy Wear, say you love me. hhere is a recording thanks to the amazing michelle! Say You Love Me - Joe McElderry - Hartlepool #EvolutionTour http://youtu.be/B6gsybF7MzU?a

Thanks Jade :) I love Joe performing this song so much, whether with full band or acoustic versions. Here's an acoustic vid, again from lovely Michelle. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dMqie1V28g

Regarding the 2016 Joseph tour, two more venues have been added, Manchester Palace and Northampton Royal theatres. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's a great acoustic Juke Box Joe vid from Paula! :D (love the new version of the Climb lol! ) Night night each :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49rSIZ4ti-0
  • Options
    MichelleMKMichelleMK Posts: 2,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a fun show in Southend on Friday!! - Joe entered into the spirit (no pun intended!) of Halloween and did the entire 2nd half in a fabulous costume :D

https://youtu.be/rOjcAchUGqc

After 6 years he never fails to surprise us :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MichelleMK wrote: »
    What a fun show in Southend on Friday!! - Joe entered into the spirit (no pun intended!) of Halloween and did the entire 2nd half in a fabulous costume :D

https://youtu.be/rOjcAchUGqc

After 6 years he never fails to surprise us :cool:

:D Great fun wasn't it ! You get everything at a Joe McElderry concert lol! Here's two more of my favourite performances from the first half. Thanks for your great vids love! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgwubUVAL40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQycqqDh0xM
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so, on saturday, me and a few friends went to see Joe in edmonton. there was me, my friend jess, my friend ness and abbie, or as she's known on here, faria262 here is my review of the show!
    My review of Joe at Edmonton.

So, It was back in April and I was talking to Jess's mum on the phone and we were both wondering what to get her for her birthday this year which is in May. I mentioned to her about Joe's show in Wolverhampton but she said Jess couldn't make it as she was at college, and then I told her about Joe's edmonton show in London.
    I bought ordinary tickets for us both.
    Then a few months later, I found out they were releasing VIP tickets. So Jess's mum rang the box office and upgraded us!
    I spoke to Ness and asked her if she'd like to come to the show as well because she'd enjoyed Croydon so much so soon after, she had a ticket, and then Abbie and her sister joined us too!

So, I picked jess up from the station on Friday morning and we had a chilled out night and got ready for the show the next day!
    Mum and dad arrived at mine at about 3.30 on the Saturday to take me, Jess and Ness to Edmonton. They had told us that as much as they want us to be independent, Edmonton is a very rough area, so they decided to be our taxi service for the day!
    So, we all piled into the car and got ready for the long journey. Dad did his usual complaining about traffic, bla bla bla. Eventually we arrived at the theatre at about 5 o'clock. While we'd been driving mum was telling us how rough it looked outside, she said it was just not a nice part of London at all.
    Dad sat us down at a table and bless him bought us all our dinner and a drink. Louise came over for a chat and she got to meet us and dad. Then as soon as we were settled mum and dad disappeared for a few hours. Avvie, her sister and her mum arrived and we sat and chatted for a bit. The excitement was building, especially for Jess, as the last time she'd seen Joe was back in November 2011 at the classi tour in Birmingham.
    Time seemed to drag by and eventually we got called in. I'd met Meganava a few minutes before and I told her that it had been Abbie's birthday a few days before so I asked her if she saw Joe in VIP to get him to sing a happy birthday in jukebox Joe. We went into the theatre and carefully made our way down the stairs. Some lovely people moved along and me, Jess, Ness, Abbie, and of course Brodie sat in the front row for meet and greet. Julia and David were there and I thanked them again for all their hard work, I said to David, if it wasn't for you, then we wouldn't be at this show right now! He was like, it's not me you've gotta thank, it's Julia, I just ssit in the office and shout at people all day!
    Then Joe came in and Jess was almost dying next to me, she was so excited! He started at the back of the room and made his way around everyone. I can't remember everything that was said, and I didn't record the meet and greet because there were so many people around and it wouldn't have been fair on them. But Joe came over and said hey to us, I said, Hey Joe, this is Jess, she met you at your gig at Tramps in Worcester! And Joe was like, Oh yes, I remember you, that was in that boiling VIP room up the top wasn't it!
    So Jess was buzzing that Joe remembered her! She then told him she had recently had a MRI scan to do with her epilepsy and she managed to sit through it without pressing the buzzer and he said, that's really good! So you're all good now? everythings ok?
    He then signed our goodie bags and went on to see Ness. She then said hey to him, and then asked him for a favour.
    He was like what! ... Notice I don't say yes unless I know what the favour is!
    She asked him to sign her ticket and he did and then he told her to be careful because she'd dropped her cane (Ness is blind like me, a cane is a stick that we use to help us get around,) on the floor, so he bent down and picked it up for her and then he went on to see Abbie.
    Abbie introduced herself and her sister, she was oking, she said to Joe, She's the ugly one, meaning her sister, and i'm the shy one!
    Joe turned to abbie and was like You got that one wrong, she's not ugly, and you're definitely not shy!!!
    He remembered abbie from the clacton meet and greet.
    We all then got a couple of group pictures with him. He then shook my hand and said, Nice to see you again Jade, see you all soon, hope you enjoy the show!
    Abbie had also wrote a poem which she gave to Joe. He said he'd read it in the dressing room. I'll post it here though for you guys, she made it from all of us, I think it's really clever and really sweet.

Since we first found you we've not stopped believing, fulfilling each dream you've evolved. Your feet flat on the ground as you keep on achieving, we're so glad we can be involved! We love to laugh but if there's one thing for sure it's that our dedication is real. As genuine as a warm Joe hug and smile, our excitement so hard to conceal! We all need a dollop of fun in our lives, and of course we're as sweet as jam doughnuts. With hundreds and thousands - your army of fans - though none quite as mad as these Joenuts!

After Joe went we all found our seats. Me and Jess were in row B, Ness was row C and Abbie and Beth her sister were row D. Brodie unfortunately wouldn't settle that well as it was like tiered seating and he just wouldn't get comfy, so Abbie's mum took him outside and sat with him during the show. Ness had overheard David saying in Meet and Greet that the first song was dance with my father, so Jess was buzzing about this!
    About 5 minutes before the show, I set up a periscope on my phone so any Joe fans that weren't at the show could tune in and at least get the sound of the performance. Then it was time for the show to start!
    The moment Ross started playing, I thought Jess was gonna cry, she was just so happy! I love dance with my father, and what a great song to open with! The sound was really clear at this show, but I also thought it was quite loud as well!
    I didn't know that Matt was there, so when the drums kicked in, it was a really nice surprise! I was just expecting it to be Joe, Ross and Alewin, so it was lovely having Matt there as well!
    Joe then explained about the show that the idea is to take you through the x factor and through Joe's journey. He said how he was mortified about being given somebody to love. He said he went home, phoned his mam and burst out crying for about an hour as he thought the song was too hard and he wouldn't be able to do it. He said that as it is an acoustic show he wants everyone to sing the song with him.
    Joe sounded incredible on this, the same can't be said for me and Jess as you will no doubt hear in my recording! We clapped, cheered and sang! The end of the song was coming up and Joe sang his final, can anybody find me... and Jess bless her thought the song carried on, so really loudly went, somebody to love!!! and everyone, including Joe heard her and we all laughed! Joe was like, somebody's early! and then he did his long high note! They'd put a really nice echo on his voice so he sounded amazing!
    That was my favourite performance of Joe singing that song he just gave it so much enerrgy!
    Joe then said when he performed it a few days ago, a woman belted in the most silent part of that song and she was mortified, she was in the front row as well and she tried to hide.

Joe then said how it's been amazing travelling around this year and meeting new people, performing in new places, and then he introduced the climb!
    I do appologise, when I heard the arrangement was basically the same as the full band shows, I was like ooo! and you can really hear me on the recording! I really like this arrangement though, I love it!
    I loved it cos Joe sang, Joe aint gonna break no! and me and Jess really cheered!

Joe then went on to say how he liked his stool! He said he didn't have his normal stool that they bring out on the road, he said the one they had given him tonight was really posh! He said it reminded him of 6 chair challlenge from x factor! He was like god, i'm not doing that! and Abbie yelled and was like, we'll give you a seat Joe!

After the climb, it was wide awake. Joe said it was the title track of his first album and it was 1 song that's stuck with him always. He said he recorded about 70 songs, some of which were kept, others were thrown away and wide awake stayed with him, the whole time. Joe said it's his favourite song to perform!
    We were so happy as he performed the extended version of it, and it was honestly beautiful!

Joe then said how when he does the show with the band it's really rare that he gets to sit down and appreciate the songs. He said that a few weeks ago doing these acoustic shows he realises that people must thinnk he's going through a heartbreak or something!
    He then said hello to the newcomers and to people that were back to see him again.
    The next song was love of my life, and this was beautiful!
    After love of my life Joe said the next song is a very happy one and it's about someone that makes you smile. He said if you're with someone that makes you smile then put your arm around them, if you're married, pretend you like each other for 15 minutes! He sang smile, and I loved this one with the piano and drums, it's so much better live than on the album!
    Joe said how he enjoyed smile, and then he almost fell off his stool! He said that was his 6 chair challenge!
    He then said that when he goes and sees a concert he must look like he's not enjoying it because of how his concentration face looks.
    Joe was like i can't see you all but we'll be switching the lights up later, so if you're having an affair, i'd get out! and then someone made a mad dash out!
    Joe said it was so nice to see everyone smiling because sometimes he performs and everyone is so serious and he thinks what's wrong? is something flashing? is something wrong with the outfit?
    He then said that he was gonna sing a song by one of his favourite artists, Jessie Wear and both me and Jess started freaking out!
    This to me had to be my favourite song of the night! I was just transfixed! I don't know what was going on, but during it people kept on walking in and out past me and all i kept on thinking was, will you stay still for like 2 minutes so we can enjoy the song? I just wanted to completely just get lost in Joe's voice during this song, it was just beautiful! He just puts so much passion, so much emotion in when he sings! Just incredible!
    He then talked about jukebox Joe.

He then said he was going to sing a new song that he had wrote recently and this was Make you mine!
    He gave an amazing performance of this, it was beautiful, again, one of my favourite songs of his!
    Jess was happy, at the end, she said that he smiled at her which was nice!
    He then introduced how we love, and this made me cry, his voice was just beautiful and stunning, and that long note at the end, wow!!!
    The final song before the interval was time to say goodbye! We all love the way Joe rolls his r's, that's something I wish I could do! at the end, we all stood, clapped, cheered!

During the interval Jordy came over to say hey and I think Mihi you were there as well? were you just being quiet? Abbie's mum bought Brodie in to see us quickly as well!
    Then the show started and the first song was englishman in new york. I don't know this song, but I really liked Joe's version of it! I loved the cool little things Alewin was doing on the guitar during this and Jess said Joe was even dancing in it as well! It was nice having Jess describing things to me so when the audience were laughing at things, I knew what was going on which was quite nice!
    Joe then went on to give his usual talk about human about when he sang it in the pub and how no one was interested! He said he was booked for 2 sunday sessions and on the way back from the first one he was like to his mam, right, we need to get everyone we know, down there! Let's spread the word! then he was like, see, my marketing skills were good even when I was 14!
    He said everyone came down and he sang 6 songs and he was so excited because he got paid £40 and he thought he was like a billionaire cos he had so much money and he said he never got booked to do the show again!
    He was like, you are gonna have more fun with it, if you don't clap, then i'm leaving!
    After human, he then introduced jukebox Joe!
    It was helarious! The first request he got was troublemaker by olly murs! He was like oo, you've come to the wrong show, unfortunately I don't listen to that kind of music! everyone clapped and cheered and he was then like i'm gonna get into so much trouble oh my god! He couldn't stop laughing though!
    Then he sang roar by Katie Perry, he had to make up some of the words but it was still great!
    Up next was Sway and he was like gonna do you some little latin dancing! He was really good at this as well!
    Abbie's sister then asked Joe for a happy birthday for Abbie so I was really pleased we got her that, she had no idea that we were planning for that to happen so she was really pleased!
    Joe then got asked for Love the way you lie and me and jess were really pleased! I loved this so much, he sounded beautiful, even if he did mix up some of the words as jess noticed later on! :)
    It's amazing listening to Joe sing this now compared to when he sang it on the radio tour 5 years ago, wow!
    Someone then asked for Little things by one direction which he didn't know so he ended up singing what makes you beautiful.
    He then sang i dreamed a dream.
    Then Jordy asked for a whole new world from Aladin at least we think it was Jordy, so if it was, i'm so happy Joe did your request! It was funny because Joe was trying to sing the mans part and the womans part for this song! But he sang it really well!
    He then got asked for You raise me up, and this was amazing! It made Ness cry, she doesn't even know why she was so emotional, but she was sobbing!
    The last song he sang was feeling good, and this was amazing!

Up next was Happy and Joe was trying to get all of us to double clap for the whole song, he said that was the challenge! Matt had it, he was doing a double drum!
    This was great though!
    Someone up on the stairs was dancing and Joe was like, you sir, you had the moves like jagga!
    He then introduced she's out of my life, and just as he did, and began to sing, his mic cut off. Now if i'd been on the sound desk, I would have been panicking! Then Joe was like, aaaargh, I switched it off, that was me, sorry for sending panics to the sound desk there! He said it's because he's too comfortable, it's not good. He was like, i've said things that are gonna get us into trouble, i've switched off my mic, it's time to retire Joe!
    It was beautiful though, the emotion and the passion he put into it was amazing!
    He then introduced superman and said he had a different arrangement of it and wow, it was lovely! Joe and a guitar, just heaven! His long notes, the effects they put on his voice, I could just listen to this on repeat, we have to get an acoustic live album one day, we have too!!!

We then gave it up for the band, sound guys, and david and Julia and then Joe introduced hollywood. we all got up, sang, danced and clapped. I love this song so much!
    After Hollywood it was ambitions, the final song of the show! This was great as well and we all clapped, cheered, wooped and screamed!
    After the show we waited for abbie and her sister and then dad came in and he helped me outside where mum and Brodie were waiting. We said goodbye to abbie and then piled back into the car, absolutely buzzing!
    Mum said she was so glad that her and dad were taking us home because the area is so rough, they spent 2 hours driving around trying to find a decent restaurant and they ended up in mcdonalds and then in a pub down the road. Mum was asking lots of questions on the way back like who is Joe's boyfriend at the minute, and then she was like, where are all the younger fans? she said that when she was watching the crowd leave, she hardly saw any young people leaving and she said it was just such a shame!
    We asked dad about Bromley for Joseph and he said it's not far from me at all only about 45 minutes by car, so fingers crossed for that!
    What an amazing show! Jess is buzzing because Joe remembered her, he touched her hand, and he smiled at her!
    I'm happy because she's happy!
    What an incredible year i've had though, i've seen Joe so much and i'm so happy for it! East grimstead in march, then croydon in may, then tommy in september, then Bishops stortford and then edmonton! I'm so happy that i've got that confidence now to get up and go, and just to know that there is always a helpful joe fan not far away is an amazing feeling as well! sorry if this is getting soppy, but I love you guys, you are all honestly so amazing and you all have helped me gain so much more confidence in myself, in travelling, i'm just so grateful and so happy!
    I just feel sad that I won't be seeing Joe as much next year!

Here are all my links to things, I hope you enjoyed my review!
    my periscope: https://www.periscope.tv/w/aQ5LZTIzNzc0NzN8MXlvS01OeVhhZGpHUXc1_iHFHcIHoK1HFJRNhJSZNJ166wF_arWLSsRCLoUq
    instagram pics:
    https://instagram.com/p/90vVpySBJm/
    https://instagram.com/p/90vbzdSBJz/
    and finally a link to my recording!
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30499328/Joe%20McElderry%20--%20Edmonton%20--%20Acoustic%20show.MP3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So last night was the last full band show of Joe's brilliant Evolution Tour (although still some fab acoustic shows to come before the Christmas shows start). What an amazing atmosphere and totally impressed that after touring solidly since February, with an additional superb run in the summer starring in The Who's challenging Tommy the Rock Opera, Joe can still deliver a stunning performance like this :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBoqAsLTjAY

He and his wonderful band also delivered a great Juke Box Joe! Love it! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq0wA-icQwU

And what sweet comments to his fans in this great end of show vid. Proud to support this lovely, talented, gorgeous, kind man! #gushing :D

Onwards and upwards Joe to album 5 and Joseph tour next year! . :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jqjp-_bWW8

Huge thanks to Michelle for the brilliant vids! :)
  • Options
    MichelleMKMichelleMK Posts: 2,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're welcome LL2! :)

Another brilliant weekend of Joe shows and memorable for many reasons. His last band show of the tour was extra special and was really moved by his kind and appreciative thanks to his fans for supporting him all the way :)

And from Friday's Poole show, one clip seems to have gone viral .. esp across the pond where they seem to really love him :D

http://www.someecards.com/entertainment/music/joe-mcelderry-funny-somebody-to-love/

http://www.vulture.com/2015/11/audience-member-singing-viral-video-joe-mcelderry.html#

http://uproxx.com/webculture/2015/11/singing-audience-goes-quiet-video/
    This was a fantastic, charismatic moment and one that the audience will remember.
    This is a true sign of a gifted performer.
    Spot on :)

And this one from a slightly different perspective :D ...
    http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/16/fan-ruins-joe-mcelderrys-big-moment-with-some-terrible-timing-5506420/

So glad that fan wasn't me! Could so easily have been any of us though, lol

But something all those articles have common - all agree what a pro Joe is :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love that :D

Love this as well :D :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJOKY5SVP8s

Thanks to Paula for great vid :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved Joe's Christmas shows! One of my favourites :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz2bW4Dbcq8

Another lovely vid from Paula :)