Lana Del Rey - Born To Die: Paradise Edition

Comments

• tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jonesy88 wrote: »
    I have the Deluxe Version already. So I hope they also release an EP with just new track.

:confused:
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    This is apparently the album cover.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2gws1w7.jpg

PS It looks like Lana has included Yayo instead of Will You Still Love Me?
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooh lovely cover

Yayo, isn't that from the Lizzy Grant album?
    Forum Member
    It is indeed. Awesome song though so no complaints from me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love the cover.

Although from the clip of "Will you Still Love Me" it sounds like a great song so I'll be disappointed if it doesn't go on there. I hope the full version at least leaks.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That cover is divine.
  • bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lana has confirmed the cover, release date, track listing and a released a video clip of each song on YouTube! It's released November 12, 2012 btw!
    Forum Member
  • kirbyreedkirbyreed Posts: 1,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    all of them sound so amazing. ride and american sound like the best ones at the moment.
    Forum Member
    Ride sounds unbelievably good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    Ride will premiere on Greg James BBC Radio 1 tomorrow!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay
    Been craving this since it was announced a re-release was happening
    Forum Member
    HQ Burning Desire full song (no download link or I wouldn't have posted it). Probably my least favourite on the re-release so far.

http://soundcloud.com/thepopmusicfuture/lana-del-rey-burning-desire
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Listening to Ride. OMG. :D

Lana is on Radio1 at 5pm tomorrow.
    Forum Member
    Full version of Ride (no download link). It's absolutely stunning.

http://everythinglana.tumblr.com/post/32229864116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://theadventuresofniels.tumblr.com/post/32229667365

This works on mobile. Early internet reaction overwhelmingly positive. I'm floored and have it on repeat.. Big step up from BTD.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ride has done nothing for me on first listen:( It lacks the usual Lana magic I feel...found muself losing interest half way through the song. Hopefully it is just a huge grower.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    Ride has done nothing for me on first listen:( It lacks the usual Lana magic I feel...found muself losing interest half way through the song. Hopefully it is just a huge grower.

Unfortunately I agree
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn't convinced until around the 4th listen. The bridge is amazing (as per).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Burning Desire is available to download from iTunes now:)
    Forum Member
    Decent price TBH (especially considering they are selling the original deluxe version for £10.99)

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/born-to-die-paradise-edition/id563964613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit mixed on the new songs at the moment.
  • DRAGON LANCEDRAGON LANCE Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mmmm my review of Ride would be it isn't a blam in your face tune that a single should be, there were stronger tracks on the original album. However, its not a bad song really. I do like the chorus when it gets going, it will no doubt grow on me after multiple listens. Maybe they're trying to sell Lana to a more mature audience with a slower more mainstream tune? Fans may ultimately be a little disappointed as we know she's more explosive than that.

I'm really surprised they didn't go with Body Electric or for that matter the wonderful Yayo as the single, both Lana classics. I guess that as they figured many fans would have already downloaded Yayo as its a Lizzy Grant Album track, no point releasing it. Not using Body Electric dumbfounds me a little as she's been singing it live for a while now, its a fan fave and I think its one of her best tunes. I suspect the record company wouldn't use it because its dark as hell. Case of point lyrics like "suicides my baby, heaven is her father." Its Lana's "Goth" tune. I do notice the version they've put on the album seems to be much higher and softer than the bass heavy live version as well, further cleaning up by the record company? I actually think they've speeded it up as well (probably why it sounds higher).

Can't entirely judge the other tracks from the snippets shown. They sound like an interesting mix; some instantly appeal, others I would want to hear more of.

I'm just mainly impressed that were getting a full, what 9 tracks is it? Still very excited about it!
    Forum Member
    The people who held off buying the original album and decided to wait for the re-release are getting a reyt proper bargain. 24 songs for £8.99? Nice one.

PS Love Ride, but took about 5 listens because it's 'different'. But surely 'different' is what we expect from Lana? Give it a few plays. I think it has an 'epic' sound designed for radio. I guess we will see how it sounds on the radio on Greg James show today.

PS The drums sound amazing on headphones!
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they all sound fantastic. Lana had her work cut out because Born This Way had gone down so well. Its always difficult to keep people pleased but I think she has done it.