Pathetic amount of fuss

LauraLSLauraLS Posts: 3,661
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I cannot believe people are making such a fuss over the fact another dog did the tight rope walk. What difference does it make? She'd already used the other dog in the semi finals, so we knew there were more than one and the fact that she has trained more than one dog just shows her talent goes even further. To say she used a "stunt dog" is ridiculous, it was just another of her dogs, she didn't hire him from some sort of dog Hollywood. If it was a human circus performer dressed as a dog, then it would be a problem.

Bit of a rant, but when I first saw the headlines I thought it was just the press stirring things up, I didn't realise the public were being so stupid as well.

Comments

• Twinkle toes noTwinkle toes no Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LauraLS wrote: »
    I cannot believe people are making such a fuss over the fact another dog did the tight rope walk. What difference does it make? She'd already used the other dog in the semi finals, so we knew there were more than one and the fact that she has trained more than one dog just shows her talent goes even further. To say she used a "stunt dog" is ridiculous, it was just another of her dogs, she didn't hire him from some sort of dog Hollywood. If it was a human circus performer dressed as a dog, then it would be a problem.

Bit of a rant, but when I first saw the headlines I thought it was just the press stirring things up, I didn't realise the public were being so stupid as well.

I quite agree with you and makes the show looks ridiculous if true that there is an investigation.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A fuss, with a public fraud, to get them to pay to vote and she then gets 1/4 million pounds, coming from part of the phone call costs..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    myscimitar wrote: »
    A fuss, with a public fraud, to get them to pay to vote and she then gets 1/4 million pounds, coming from part of the phone call costs..

Oh bore off ........please
  • LauraLSLauraLS Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Chase was used in the semi finals and people still voted. Tell me what difference is really makes? If she had said "Oh by the way it will be Chase who walks the tightrope", before the act would that have made everything all right? People need to grow up a bit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    If she had said "Oh by the way it will be Chase who walks the tightrope", before the act would that have made everything all right? People need to grow up a bit.

apparently not, because Matisse is the world's most charasmatic, lovable dog or something :confused:

I quite feel sorry for this Chase being second best .;-)
  • LauraLSLauraLS Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kezkt26 wrote: »
    apparently not, because Matisse is the world's most charasmatic, lovable dog or something :confused:

I quite feel sorry for this Chase being second best .;-)

I'm just finding this whole "controversy" completely bizarre. It's almost embarrassing.
  • kleinzachkleinzach Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chase was used in the semi finals and people still voted. Tell me what difference is really makes? If she had said "Oh by the way it will be Chase who walks the tightrope", before the act would that have made everything all right? People need to grow up a bit.

Please you're being much too kind. Some are acting like toddlers that have had their ice lolly stolen from them.
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,437
    Forum Member
    I think she needs to think about the act's name.

Why not call herself 'Jules and Friends' or something like that. The act's name is misleading. 'Jules and Matisse' does make it sound as if it's just her and one dog.

I don't really care TBH. I didn't vote for anyone :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just finding this whole "controversy" completely bizarre. It's almost embarrassing.

I wish BGT had not gone down this route as it will only cheapen a good show. Does Cowell not realise this? What a mistake. Shame.
  • njpnjp Posts: 27,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we can safely assume that none of her votes came from you, or from anyone currently claiming to be outraged, and that she would therefore have won regardless.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sandra Bee wrote: »
    I think she needs to think about the act's name.

Why not call herself 'Jules and Friends' or something like that. The act's name is misleading. 'Jules and Matisse' does make it sound as if it's just her and one dog.

I don't really care TBH. I didn't vote for anyone :)

Did she specify that was what her act was called or is it what the producers of BGT decided to call the act?

Honestly I'm far more annoyed by all this dramatics over her act then the act itself.
  • Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. It's all very daft, especially when people have been INJURED at Alton Towers today and people are complaining about THIS. We should all be rallying against Alton Towers and demanding they close.
  • njpnjp Posts: 27,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. It's all very daft, especially when people have been INJURED at Alton Towers today and people are complaining about THIS. We should all be rallying against Alton Towers and demanding they close.
    Fighting stupidity with more stupidity? I like it.