Two massive Spoilers about TNOTD

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    snopaelic wrote: »
    That's not a spoiler

Why? left unspoiled his speculation on the spoiler reveals similar programme info
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dogmatix wrote: »
    I wonder what
    form the Tardis the Doctor "borrows" will have? Ideally, if it's in a Tardis-park with other ones (trying to avoid the plural of Tardis here), it should look like the others, except perhaps with a sign saying "Out of Order" on it. It should definitely not look like a mid-twentieth-century British police box.

It should not and considering, from what Susan says in An Unearthly Child, 1960s Earth was not their first port of call after leaving Gallifrey! Prior to that it had been an Ionic Column and a Sedan Chair!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    John Hurt character in special exists because of...
    A "Turn Left" scenario touched on in TNotD - I won't insult your intelligence by spelling out the pivotal "moment", no pun intended

Guess that will resolve with the limited inclusion of
    Chris material in the latter stages of the special

You can guess what 2005 episode that scene will act as a prequel to, in effect.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ncr1969 wrote: »
    Why? left unspoiled his speculation on the spoiler reveals similar programme info

We shouldn't even have to use spoiler tags in this thread. The title is enough to keep the people who don't like them safe.
  • dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,077
    Forum Member
    so that means the clara in asulym and the snowman is the current day clara jumping inbetween timelines she knew the doctor then?
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The woman in the shop is going to be Clara herself. It doesn't make sense if River is involved. It's better if it ends up as one big loop.
  • BlackTarantulaBlackTarantula Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    The woman in the shop is going to be Clara herself. It doesn't make sense if River is involved. It's better if it ends up as one big loop.

That wouldn't make any sense, as Clara would surely recognise herself.
    You know, if it does turn out that Clara has met every Doctor, then I have to wonder why the Doctor only remembers meeting two previous incarnations of her.

I suppose my biggest fear about "The Name of the Doctor", after all the speculation and spoilers, is that we still won't know how River found out the Doctor's name. After all, this version of River is from after the events of "Forest of the Dead".
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so that means the clara in asulym and the snowman is the current day clara jumping inbetween timelines she knew the doctor then?

I suspect that it'll be written in such a way that she's 'drawn' to this man and wants to help him but isn't fully conscious of what she's actually doing. Because if she supposedly is then Victorian Clara is a remarkable actress! Rather fits with the idea that the past Clara's are made up of 'bits' of herself - the computer genius Oswin is the hacking skills she was given in Bells, the name Oswin itself was planted by the Doctor saying it to her when they met...
    That wouldn't make any sense, as Clara would surely recognise herself.

Quite!
    You know, if it does turn out that Clara has met every Doctor, then I have to wonder why the Doctor only remembers meeting two previous incarnations of her.
    I suspect they'll make it so he doesn't actually see her or sees her so briefly that he wouldn't even remember her
  • AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ncr1969 wrote: »
    John Hurt character in special exists because of...
    A "Turn Left" scenario touched on in TNotD - I won't insult your intelligence by spelling out the pivotal "moment", no pun intended

Please do. Because I have no idea what you're talking about.
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Airborae wrote: »

I'm glad you said that, I thought it was just me. :D:confused:
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Okay here's what I think he means...
    Remember in NiS when the cyber planner said you could essentially 'remake' the Doctor from the hole he's left behind in the universe by erasing essentially memories of the things he's done? Something to do with that. I do think however that the fact that his timeline gets royally messed with in the finale is what causes Hurt to appear though.
  • Tom_MorganTom_Morgan Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    want to read... dont want to read... AAAH!!!!!
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom_Morgan wrote: »
    want to read... dont want to read... AAAH!!!!!

I know how you feel, but I usually dither for about 10 seconds, then just give in and read :o:D

Welcome to the forum. :)
  • Shandyman81Shandyman81 Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    the Doctor used 'The Moment' to end the time war, that's what he was referring too.
  • puppetangelpuppetangel Posts: 2,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the end did this episode get leaked online or was it all one big fuss? Anyways, less than 24 hours to go! Cool spoilers if its all true.
  • DogmatixDogmatix Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And after Doctor Who, the Eurovision Song Contest! Busy evening tomorrow.

There's a thought... the BBC should have sent Vastra, Jenny and Strax to sing for the UK in Malmö...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Dogmatix wrote: »
    And after Doctor Who, the Eurovision Song Contest! Busy evening tomorrow.

There's a thought... the BBC should have sent Vastra, Jenny and Strax to sing for the UK in Malmö...

"I lost my heart to a Sontaran Trooper"