Options

UDI are not really Attraction are they

owen10owen10 Posts: 128,062
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
I thought they had a chance of winning but maybe they were trying to hard to be Attraction What do you guys think

Comments

• Options
    Sansa_SnowSansa_Snow Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They needed to change it up a bit more, it was too similar to their previous routines so fell flat
  • Options
    Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they were great but their chances were scuppered IMO by Jules & Matisse coming from nowhere and delivering a fantastic performance.
  • Options
    TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's unfair to compare them to Attraction.
    It's completely different
  • Options
    bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) their performance was similar to previous ones
    2) the narrative to their performance wasn't great compared to attraction.. and.. .
    3) I know some will disagree with me, but I really didn't want an act from another country, who can't even speak English, win.
  • Options
    Trmcg5Trmcg5 Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Screwed over by the very early performance slot and Jules and Matisse being flawless.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the idea, but their stories aren't very good.

The story seems to be good man against bad man, and they fight each other with birds and some mask faces make an appearance for some reason. Rinse and repeat.

Not much of a story. At points I'm also trying to work out what is actually going on.
    For example I don't understand what the mask faces are all about and what they are actually doing when they appear.

I think they could be very good in the future when they polish things up a bit.
    They look to have potential but at the moment they feel like an unfinished work in progress act at the moment.
  • Options
    shandygirl1211shandygirl1211 Posts: 2,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It also doesn't help when you can see their hands when lifting each other. IMO they need better costume and set design along with more clarity in story telling, variety in routine themes and tighter choreography to deliver a routine with finesse.
    Attraction were the finished product from the first audition. No comparison.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,965
    Forum Member
    I like the idea, but their stories aren't very good.

The story seems to be good man against bad man, and they fight each other with birds and some mask faces make an appearance for some reason. Rinse and repeat.

Not much of a story. At points I'm also trying to work out what is actually going on.
    For example I don't understand what the mask faces are all about and what they are actually doing when they appear.

I think they could be very good in the future when they polish things up a bit.
    They look to have potential but at the moment they feel like an unfinished work in progress act at the moment.
    Exactly!! I've posted before that their problem is imagination. They're good for a one off show but they simply haven't got the ideas for quick repeat shows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It also doesn't help when you can see their hands when lifting each other. IMO they need better costume and set design along with more clarity in story telling, variety in routine themes and tighter choreography to deliver a routine with finesse.
    Attraction were the finished product from the first audition. No comparison.

Yes I agree with that. I'm not saying they were bad by any means. I enjoyed them much more than about half of the acts who took part, but |I think you're right that the clarity of storytelling was an issue. It was with me anyway.

I wish them all the best and I think they can improve significantly once they provide stories which resonate with the watcher and work on communicating those stories with more focus and clarity on key elements within the story.
    For example there were pauses where everything was a bit 'floaty', for lack of a better description, where nothing was happening and felt like too much time was being spent on not saying anything.
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with all the criticisms here, but I also think they were the most interesting act we had on this year, so its a bit of a difficult one for me. I think I'd prefer something different and at least reasonably original that isn't the finished article over the same old stuff that fills every final as it has became the same acts, different people.

Its a shame they didn't get more support, they should have been much higher in the rankings.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizix wrote: »
    I agree with all the criticisms here, but I also think they were the most interesting act we had on this year, so its a bit of a difficult one for me. I think I'd prefer something different and at least reasonably original that isn't the finished article over the same old stuff that fills every final as it has became the same acts, different people.

Its a shame they didn't get more support, they should have been much higher in the rankings.

That's a fair post. I also agree that they deserved to be rated higher than most of the singers and dancing troupes, because I think they're very samey and come ten a penny, where acts like UDI stand out as being different, and in my eyes more watchable as entertainment.
  • Options
    All Of MeAll Of Me Posts: 2,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't want the winners of BGT to be foreign spending the winnings on charities in their own country. We wouldn't see a single penny of that money being spent in this country.
  • Options
    TurbulenceTurbulence Posts: 4,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, Attraction could only dream of being as good as UDI.
  • Options
    TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Turbulence wrote: »
    Nope, Attraction could only dream of being as good as UDI.

They are completely different acts, so don't compare them
  • Options
    GetridofcoleGetridofcole Posts: 1,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think as most posters have already said attraction were far better storytellers and looked the finished article . Most people thought attraction would win the moment they saw them , but I never got that feeling with UDI
  • Options
    TurbulenceTurbulence Posts: 4,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tellystar wrote: »
    They are completely different acts, so don't compare them

What's wrong with saying that UDI was a better act to watch than Attraction? If comparing those two acts is wrong then you won't like the 'marks out of 10' thread where people give say 9/10 to a choir and 5/10 to a dancing dog, or vice versa. All of these types of acts might as well have their own BGT mini show if comparisons can't be made.