Hollyoaks E4 Daily | 10/10/16 | 7:00 - Pass Out

124»

Comments

• lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    spikewoman wrote: »
    Re forgetting Ste has HIV well he is taking his meds what else is there to tell? Part of the thing about HIV is that those who have it can lead pretty much normal lives. Bit like those who have had transplants Esther and Nico, they just keep taking the meds.

Amy, RyRy and their perfect little house and set up are so anti soap norm that things will crash and burn at some point. RyRy irritates the snot out of me for so many reasons can we please get rid or reveal an inner demon in him. Amy I quite like and would happily keep despite the whining.
    BIB - True, except, as I said in another thread, if someone is off his head on drugs for some time, and then later has serious memory problems, can we be sure he has been taking his meds? Not that I expect this to be addressed.

I agree with you on RyRy (the very sound of that name makes my hackles rise), and wish they would just get rid. Since he is 'acted' by DuncanfromBlue, that's not going to happen any time soon, though.
  • spikewomanspikewoman Posts: 12,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sally
    lulu g wrote: »
    BIB - True, except, as I said in another thread, if someone is off his head on drugs for some time, and then later has serious memory problems, can we be sure he has been taking his meds? Not that I expect this to be addressed.

I agree with you on RyRy (the very sound of that name makes my hackles rise), and wish they would just get rid. Since he is 'acted' by DuncanfromBlue, that's not going to happen any time soon, though.

I think it is deliberately done to be irritating to make many take against him.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DS Armstrong
    Amy, RyRy and their perfect little house and set up are so anti soap norm that things will crash and burn at some point. RyRy irritates the snot out of me for so many reasons can we please get rid or reveal an inner demon in him. Amy I quite like and would happily keep despite the whining.

It's quite possible, he has quite an obsession with Ste. Ste's condition is an excuse to get him out of children's and Amy's life, not the reason.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DS Armstrong
    I think it is deliberately done to be irritating to make many take against him.

If somebody irritates me it's Eva. I just can't stand manipulative people and she gets the first prize for that. She drags Liam into her evil plans. At least have whatever a female equivalent of balls is and do it yourself :D
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    I do rather agree about the HIV being forgotten - I don't think it has been entirely. It did come up during the homeless storyline re his picking up his Meds being forgotten about with everything else on his mind and that he had to go in to talk to the Doctors about having missed some. They were also mentioned when he lost his Crystal Meth and thought Rose had taken it - he pretended it was his HIV Meds which had gone missing and Rose might have taken to get Tegan to get her checked out.

Basically, as with Diabeties, Epilepsy, any Transplant _ provided they have got the Medication levels right, provided the person takes them each day then the condition should be controlled and therefore doesn't have to be constantly mentioned. In fact, something like Diabeties would probably be more obvious due to the diet restrictions as well as the Insulin. But even then, I know people with quite severe Diabeties and whilst they. Might say "can we get Lunch now rather than an hours time because My blood sugar is low" that is it - they just discreetly go to the toilet to do their injection and if i didn't already know they were Diabetic, i wouldn't have known what they'd done.

Of course, when it would/should be mentioned would be if he became unwell with something even as routine as a cold and needed to get it checked out as it might just be a normal cold which everybody gets and recover from, or it might be an early indicator that his Meds are no longer working and the HIV is developing into AIDS.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Eva is irritating me as well - poor actress (so far), weak character motivation and they've paired her with the dreadful Liam.