Comments

• LFCKEV71LFCKEV71 Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    The sixth sense wonder how many people have watch it twice
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    LFCKEV71 wrote: »

i record it when it comes on tv ( does that count lol)

Is this thread for ''watching a film just once cos it was dire '' :D
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I saw that film for the first time last year, on DVD. I knew what the twist was before I watched it. I enjoyed the film, anyway, and I will definitely re-watch it. I thought it was well acted.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never watched any film more than once in my life. Never felt the need tbh.
  • cheekscheeks Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched The Great Gatsby today, can't see much point in watching it again...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never seen Schindler's List.

Thanks for spoiling it.

I'm going to completely ruin it for you. The Germans lost.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there is many movies i only watch once as i either didnt like them or they had a twist that meant you could only see it once
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The Sixth Sense was huge box office because people went to see it twice, to see what they missed in the narrative the first time.

Titanic had a high rate of return viewers largely because it was critically panned but unfairly and gained respectably through repeat viewing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never seen Schindler's List.

Thanks for spoiling it.

You didn't have to read the whole message, NitPicker.
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    yaristaman wrote: »
    I was like this with Hot Fuzz. There is so much in there that gets missed on the first viewing.

Er, we're talking about the Simon Pegg 'comedy' cop film here, right?:confused:
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    The Sixth Sense was huge box office because people went to see it twice, to see what they missed in the narrative the first time.

Titanic had a high rate of return viewers largely because it was critically panned but unfairly and gained respectably through repeat viewing.

Hah! You wish. From the TV viewings I've seen, it becomes ever more baffling why anyone thought it was worth watching in the first place, never mind getting awards.
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hah! You wish. From the TV viewings I've seen, it becomes ever more baffling why anyone thought it was worth watching in the first place, never mind getting awards.

Probably not the right place but Titanic works on a number of levels. In relation to this thread, it must be the romantc story/adventure movie elements which help to maximise its audience....it is a women's movie that has something to engage many males, so girls brought their boyfriends to watch.

For it's artistic value, consider how it works as a study of the very myth it is recreating. Titanic is a reflection on the nature of cinema itself. That's what makes it great, there's more to Cameron than meets the eye.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there is many movies i only watch once as i either didnt like them or they had a twist that meant you could only see it once
    A good twist movie repays rewatching. The second time around you can pick up on the clues you missed the first time.
  • sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    A good twist movie repays rewatching. The second time around you can pick up on the clues you missed the first time.

Yep The Sixth Sense is a perfect example of that.
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have all the star trek films & series on dvd & watch them all through every so often..but the reboot star trek i've watched once..just don't like it,not star trek for me,star trek is about exploring not blowing stuff up..i haven't see "into darkness" yet but it seems to have followed the same pattern
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    The Shawshank Redemption..good film, but only to watch once