blimmin ebay

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
Forum Member
✭✭
I do a bit of buying and selling on ebay and generally it's really good.

(rant on it's way...)

I recently changed my email address with them and with paypal but did they think it necessary to change it on my next 3 auctions? No, they did not. Now the auctions have ended and the buyers have all sent paypal payments to my old email address. Which I no longer subscribe to.

Just wanted to have a rant. Rant over.:mad:

Comments

• Toxic BunniToxic Bunni Posts: 12,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why did you delete the old email address so quickly?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's quite worrying as I changed my email for both Ebay and Paypal only last night. Something to watch out for, thanks for the heads up on that possible problem.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why did you delete the old email address so quickly?

Because it was a wanadoo account and I closed the account. Therefore the email address was null and void.
  • Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UpsyWupsy wrote: »
    That's quite worrying as I changed my email for both Ebay and Paypal only last night. Something to watch out for, thanks for the heads up on that possible problem.

It doesn't sound right to me. It should update immediately, I reckon the OP has made a mistake somewhere.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sh1t wrote: »
    It doesn't sound right to me. It should update immediately, I reckon the OP has made a mistake somewhere.

I do hope you're right. On both sites it is showing that the new address has been added. I'll just have to keep my eyes open when I do any buying or selling, just to check. Thanks. :)
  • Toxic BunniToxic Bunni Posts: 12,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ruth77 wrote: »
    Because it was a wanadoo account and I closed the account. Therefore the email address was null and void.

Oh dear. Did you make a completely different paypal account or just add your new email address to that old paypal account?

If it's the latter I don't see why you can't just log-in to paypal, the funds should be there.
  • chris2k2chris2k2 Posts: 9,886
    Forum Member
    On the subject of ebay

I put an advert on there yesterday. Quoted willing to take offers (I ain't greedy), and advertised elsewhere so will end early.
    Today get email saying advvert closed due to breach of ebay fee's, reason I entered open to offers.

Do people not have better stuff to do than read each person advert and notify ebay it's does not fit the full T&C.

Rant over
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chris2k2 wrote: »
    On the subject of ebay

I put an advert on there yesterday. Quoted willing to take offers (I ain't greedy), and advertised elsewhere so will end early.
    Today get email saying advvert closed due to breach of ebay fee's, reason I entered open to offers.

Do people not have better stuff to do than read each person advert and notify ebay it's does not fit the full T&C.

Rant over
    That seems a bit odd. I'd have thought that if anyone starts an eBay auction, it's clear that they're open to offers, with the minimum acceptable offer being the item's starting price, assuming that there's no reserve price.

Or did you make it sound as if you were inviting offers outside the eBay system, i.e. off-eBay trading?
  • chris2k2chris2k2 Posts: 9,886
    Forum Member
    Sigurd wrote: »
    That seems a bit odd. I'd have thought that if anyone starts an eBay auction, it's clear that they're open to offers, with the minimum acceptable offer being the item's starting price, assuming that there's no reserve price.

Or did you make it sound as if you were inviting offers outside the eBay system, i.e. off-eBay trading?

That is what the cancellation email said, I was trying to deal outside.

I stuck a reserve on, and said in the advert that I would like x but open to offers, lol.

Anyways re-added now without that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NOW the a*** has left me negative feedback. Which really P***** me off!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: I'd rather he didn't leave feedback at all.
    I apologised to him for the mistake - which was NOT MINE - and he just wouldn't accept it.
    Stupid old man...
  • FiyeroFiyero Posts: 920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You should have just added your new email address to PayPal and made it your main address. If you leave the old one on there you can still receive payments even though you cannot access that email address
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You should have just added your new email address to PayPal and made it your main address. If you leave the old one on there you can still receive payments even though you cannot access that email address

Thanks for the helpful advice. I know this now.
  • RenePepeRenePepe Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Well you learn from mistakes and hopefully it wont happen again ;)