Options

Who are the past contestants you feel should NEVER have been voted off?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
Forum Member
Each year there seem to be those shocking vote off's where nobody can quite believe it. Two that stand out in my mind are Maria Lawson (from 2005 or 2006, she sang you're beautiful on the show) and Laura White from last year. Both times I was completely shocked that it had happened. :o

Comments

• Options
    rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    well the laura's and the maria's are going to crop up alot but.

ruth
    dionne
    austin
    brenda
    nikki
    are just a few to name lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maria (2005)
    Kerry (2006)
    Nikita (2006)
    Beverley (2007)
    Hope (2007)
    Niki (2007)
    Austin (2008)
    Laura (2008)
    Rachel (2008)
    Ruth (2008)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brenda Edwards:( Was totally shocked that she didn't make the final.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    oh and i didnt put kimberley did i . lol she had possibly the best voice of that year and due to a schedule change lots of people didnt see her !
  • Options
    marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Austin should have gone over that awful rachel hylton. She burst my eardrums with that god awful voice. She was only good at the first audition. Then they struggled to find a song suited to her voice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,122
    Forum Member
    Does anyone remember 4tune? They left way too early, I thought their voices were great.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maria Lawson
    Laura Whit:mad:
  • Options
    marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
    Forum Member
    I think Diana should have made the final ahead of Eoghan last year.

I was also shocked when Laura was voted off so early, same with Maria.

I also liked Nicholas from Season 2, cool, v good looking, could ahve done r and b, notwn stuff brilliantly....but he had the bad luck of having Louis as his mentor that year, who was Shane ward focused and clueless as to what to do with Nicholas unfortunately. :mad::(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Ruth - easily the most compelling performer from last year's series. Public were more interested in no-talent pretty-boys like Eoghan and JLS, unfortunately. (EDIT - In no way do I consider Eoghan a "pretty-boy", and will never understand how anyone else could think that, but he certainly picked up the huge block of votes that usually go to no-talent pretty-boys.)
  • Options
    leigh183leigh183 Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me the main one is Austin, he should have been in the final with Alex - he is an amazing singer!!
  • Options
    cc_04cc_04 Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruth

She was raw talent compared to Eggnog
  • Options
    gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Laura White.

She was a phenominal performer and singer she deserved to be in the final at least.

Also there were a few from last year who had the best final 12 ever.

I think Austin should bot have been voted off untill the semi finals. Diana deserved the final instead of eughon.

Nicki should have made the final in 07' with Rhydian and Leon and Rhydian should have won.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laura and Ruth definitely.
    Rachel Hylton should have gone earlier.

I was surprised but not completely when Diana didnt make the final...I kind of though that Eoghan would go through, even though he wasnt that good.

But then I think JLS should have won, I think Rhydian should have won, in their finals so my track record is not that great :)

I wanted Diana to win last year with Laura as runner up or vice versa. So once again my dreams were crushed! :D
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laura White. Ruth Lorenzo. Austin Drage. [XF5]
    Maria Lawson. Brenda Edwards. [XF2]

Nobody else really jumps to mind.

OH, Robert Allen. I forget which one he was on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Most contestants last longer than they should. Only one went too early - The lovely Ruth from last year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    well i think that allthough i didnt like him scott should have gone further because there was still daniel and eoghan in the competition when he left !!
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there would have been quite a lot of people in the final each year if these people were "never voted off"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    well i think that allthough i didnt like him scott should have gone further because there was still daniel and eoghan in the competition when he left !!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruth! :(

Especially since she was around 0.5-1% behind Diana in the voting!
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brenda should have made XF2 final.
    Niki should have made XF4 final.
    Ruth should have made it through to the semi-finals.
    Diana should have made XF5 final.

No suprise really that most people who seemed robbed of their places are females...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruth!One of the best that week!Should have been in the final:cry:,infact she should have won it:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think any contestant should "never have been voted off" because there's usually a reason they got voted off (ie good singer, but doesn't have the X Factor; wasn't good in the sing off).
  • Options
    Candy StoreCandy Store Posts: 5,125
    Forum Member
    Brenda Edwards:( Was totally shocked that she didn't make the final.

She was never going to get more votes than Shayne or Journey South (who had been topping the votes for several weeks by the time of the semi-final). Her best bet was to get more votes than Andy but then his mum died.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ruth Lorenzo should never have been in the bottom two during Michael Jackson week (Eoghan and Girlband were awful that night), shouldn't have been bottom two again during Mariah night either (Daniel and JLS should have) and no way should she have been eliminated in Britney night (anyone other than Ruth/Alex should have went). It's kinda telling that Ruth was only ever in trouble in the voting during artist-only themes.

Robert Allen shouldn't have went before the McDonald Brothers or Eton Road or Ray Quinn, no way. He should have made the final.

In the case of Laura White, I didn't understad the hype. Falling was fantastic but her performances after that (besides her Disco song) were quite poor.
  • Options
    ll_Calypso_llll_Calypso_ll Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kimberley from XF4, or Alisha from the same year for that matter.