Options

Perrins Therapeutic Community

Comments

• Options
    StripeysoxStripeysox Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    Neil C wrote: »
    Hi FF. I'm going to cause a stink with this but bearing in mind this was the same friend who said god must hate her I've been thinking a lot of possibilities. (GULP) here goes:

1. It's genuine
    2. She's going for sympathy after being a pain in the ar*e
    3.Something Else

So, if it's genuine then it's what I said above.

If it's 2 or 3 then ignore her. I assume by something else you mean she's lying about it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi SS. It's plausible but the reason why i said that is because my friend has been so up her ar*e about how she thinks no-one's bothered about her etc that it's made me keep my distance and part of me did think for a split second (god forgive me) she was trying to play on my heartstrings.

But i've just heard from her relative that it is true.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi Neil

Ok, so if it's true then a few kind words, a bit of sympathy and that's all you need to do.
    Do you know her sister?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No i don't. But i do know she's had a lot to deal with in her life. I would like to meet her though:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well it's up to you how far you want to take it. Personally if I was in your situation at the moment, i'd just say how sorry I was to hear the news, that I hoped everything went well and leave it at that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have done just that. I have got a lot on my plate right now. I've got to go back to hospital on thursday for another appointment. 2 days before xmas!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's exactly what I mean Neil, you've got enough things going on without taking on someone elses problems too.
    Good luck with the hospital on Thursday, How's the snow doing where you are now?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There isn't any snow here...yet but it's freezing! On a slightly different note. Does anyone think that we're being a bit hysterical about the snow? I say this because it's dominating the news bulletins with the same footage shown ad infinitum?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We had about 6 inches yesterday day time, and it still looks like it's just come down - not started thawing or going slushy at all yet. Was quite entertaining yesterday watching the cars getting stuck outside the house - but really nice to see neighbours who probably didn't know or speak to eachother before helping out with shovels and pushing cars.
    And then yesterday afternoon we had another power cut - the 2nd in 2 weeks. Came back on at 11 last night. So cold and couldnt get out to go somewhere warmer because of the snow.
    I do think the novelty of all the snow should be wearing off now, but I suppose as it distrupts so many people it'll carry on making the news.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning all. No snow yet but a lot of frost here. I'm meeting one of the bosses at the radio station on wednesday for the first time.
  • Options
    FieldfareFieldfare Posts: 2,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How you doing in the snow Stripeysox? Are you still stuck inside, it will get like The Shining soon enough all work and no play makes jack a dull boy...:eek:

Godarnit cold isn't it! Feel very sorry for all those stuck travelers, my sister is supposed to be coming over on Eurostar on Thursday (she lives in Brussels) - ha, don't bloody well think so! She took a detour on her way home from work to see what the situation at the train station was like and she reckons its not good, but at least she can just go back to her apartment and isn't sleeping on the floor like some of the poor sods I saw on the telly.

Neil, is your meeting with the manager a formal thing or just a "hiya" sort of thing? You're not in trouble are you - you haven't scored "NEILC" onto a desk or something?:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek:Yikes That must be horrible for her. I hope she's ok. It's just a hiya meeting. I'm feeling a bit low at the moment. I suppose what I want is a bit of success for next year. I'm going to cause a stink here but i need to get this off my chest.

I've changed so many things about my life in the last year and yet i still dont feel things have changed one iota.:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends how you measure change though doesn't it? It is rare for anyone to undergo big 180* shifts in one year, its usually incremental.

Try this measurement for size - do you feel more hopeful now than you did this time last year? Do you think that 2010 was the year that you decided to make some changes and that 2011 might be the year that you start move form the thinking about it phase to the starting to do something about it phase?

I didn't realise that Matherton got a ban, was going to send a message to check things were OK and saw the "inactive member tag". Doubt it was for anything on this thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know either about the ban

I guess what's bugging me is xmas plus the fact i'm still finding it difficult to relax with people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm sure we talked about this last year, about how much pressure there is to be all perfect, sparkly, sociable and successful at Christmas. Its absolutely bonkers. Its just the same old us but with a paper hat on :D. Don't take too much notice of the seasonal pressure Neil, just stay focused on the important things.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not the seasonal pressure FF although that does play a big part. I'm just feeling lonely
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry about that Neil, feeling lonely is horrid, but you are doing the right thing by reaching out and chatting to people. At least tonight you can't be tormenting yourself thinking that other people are out dancing in the streets. Everyone is stuck at home in this weather - just think of all those simmering family resentments that will be kicking off with everyone forced to stay in together :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ohh. That's already started, Rows over the tv and the weather. I guess it's the therapy that is playing a big role. It's brought back a lot of bad memories. You talk about xmas and the social side of things. I can't recall any time i've been invited out anywhere, even at school.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, for me not so much either. Probably because I have always given out the vibes that I don't really like those sorts of things. Not really a party person, never have been. Now that I have hearing impairment its even more so as places with lots of background noise are impossible for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With me it was always a fear of being attacked. Either verbally or physically.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well hopefully that's one of the things that you can work through with the counselor, how to deal with that anxiety and get some reasonable strategies under your belt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope so. I really do hope so.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope is where it is at. After hope comes belief, then confidence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never believed in much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's why you have to start with hope!