Perrins Therapeutic Community

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well right now I'm hoping i can get through this week.
  • FieldfareFieldfare Posts: 2,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And you will. Seriously, you really will get through it.

I'm not going to facilitate you beating yourself up about things, particularly future things. If you decide to miserable all week you definitely will be, if you keep reminding yourself to try and be positive you might have a better time of it. No guarantees obviously but you may as well give yourself a chance.

Don't think I am being mean, or that I think it would be an easy thing to do. Just exercise some self awareness and when you are feeling lonely, angry or scared examine that for a bit and realise that it is something you would like to overcome.

Right then, our neighbour has just come round to tell us that it is -16. That's ridiculous. I have put the electric blanket on and am retiring for the evening.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strewth. it's "only" minus 9!. I'll get through wednesday. Night x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all. God a bit of a sniffle tonight. Am now petrified about the interview tomorrow. Will I get there. Will I ask good questions. Will I make the right impressions???
  • StripeysoxStripeysox Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone.

So fed up with the snow. I know you all had it before when I didn't but it needs to go now. Went out last night to see Jimmy Carr, got home to find yet another power cut - 3rd in just over 2 weeks. Getting rediculous now, it was still off when I got up this morning, apparently it came back on just before 9am. I had no idea how difficult it would be getting ready for work in the pitch dark with no hot water, electric or heat. I probably looked a right state when I got in, all crumpled and no make up!

Neil, like I said before I can understand you're feeling nervous about tomorrow. But like ff and me said, most likely so is the person you will be interviewing. The people at the radio station must have all faith in you doing it otherwise they wouldn't be sending you to do it. They have the confidence in you that you will make the right impression and ask the right kind of questions. If they have that kind of confidence in you, then so must you.
    Why are you unsure whether you will get there?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know Penistone that way SS. I've got a map and direction but am scared Ill get lost
    Forum Member
    You have a map, directions and a tongue in your head. If you get stuck, ask someone the way.
    Getting there is something you don't need to be scared about., don't make more worries than you need.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting off soon. I've decided i'm going down to my parents early for xmas. I'm determined not to spend another night on my own. I'll keep in touch though.
    Forum Member
    So how did it go??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It went very well indeed. Interview made and edited in 3 hours. One hiccup though. I sat down at the office and split my trousers! Later on when I was trying the exercises in the interview I split them even more! Luckily the interviewee had the grace to laugh.

I mentioned it back at the station and guess what... the guy i work with told everyone on the radio!! So i'm probably the first person in the history of Penistone FM to broadcast with ripped trousers!!!

I'm not feeling too well tonight. I've got a bug. Plus there'e been problems with my parents pipes and we've been trying to her my parents neighbour's son who has been ill

I'm still feeling lonely though. I suppose what I'm looking for is an invite or two.
  • BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heyy, I don't think I've been in here before, I'm presuming it's like the support group thingy in advice?

Well, I'm Beth, I'm 17 *waves*
    I would consider myself an almost recovered self harmer (1 year free tomorrow :) ) - but it'll always be part of me, I think, both physically and emotionally. I've also been on antidepressants, offered therapy twice.
    But, since I'm doing so much better now, I just wanted to say that if anyone is going through anything similar, or just wants to talk about it to someone who's been through it, you're free to PM me.
    I just wanted to say to anyone who is struggling with it that you're not alone, and it is possible to come through it, I've proved that to myself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello Bethaneeny

Welcome to the forum. I don't know if anyone has any self harm issues but you are very brave to open up about on here. We're here to talk and to listen. Do you think though in all honesty is would be a good ideas to seek therapy?

I say that because We're all good people on here but sometimes talking to a professional and explain why you feel this way does help. You say you haven't self harmed for nearly a year and well done for that but a combination of therapy, anti-depressants and self control could work wonders.:)
  • BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neil C wrote: »
    Hello Bethaneeny

Welcome to the forum. I don't know if anyone has any self harm issues but you are very brave to open up about on here. We're here to talk and to listen. Do you think though in all honesty is would be a good ideas to seek therapy?

I say that because We're all good people on here but sometimes talking to a professional and explain why you feel this way does help. You say you haven't self harmed for nearly a year and well done for that but a combination of therapy, anti-depressants and self control could work wonders.:)

Well, I refused it both times, and am still where I am now, although having my best friend around has helped a lot, Her telling me she was proud of me every week I made it, was what kept me going, and the look she gave when I ever told her I hadn't, that look itself made me want to keep going. I've had AD's, they didn't help me at all, but I don't feel anything like I used to. In fact, both my form tutor and my music teacher were saying on Friday how much they've noticed the change in me! :) (I'm the only one doing A2 music, it's a small 6th form,(only 12 in my form) so my teachers notice stuff easily)

But I think I've come through it, I don't feel triggered anymore or anything, and a year ago, I wouldn't have thought I'd be where I am today, so just wanted to show people that it is possible to come through it, and that there's support if needs be
    Forum Member
    Neil C wrote: »
    It went very well indeed. Interview made and edited in 3 hours. One hiccup though. I sat down at the office and split my trousers! Later on when I was trying the exercises in the interview I split them even more! Luckily the interviewee had the grace to laugh.

I mentioned it back at the station and guess what... the guy i work with told everyone on the radio!! So i'm probably the first person in the history of Penistone FM to broadcast with ripped trousers!!!

I'm not feeling too well tonight. I've got a bug. Plus there'e been problems with my parents pipes and we've been trying to her my parents neighbour's son who has been ill

I'm still feeling lonely though. I suppose what I'm looking for is an invite or two.

I'm really pleased it went so well for you Neil. All that worry and fretting for nothing - told you so!!! And as for split trousers - too many mince pies??

There seems to be so many bugs about lately, I've been off my food all week (not usual for me) and everyone seems to be sneezing and coughing everywhere.

Hope you and everyone else has a good Xmas, not sure how often I'll be on here over the next few days so I'll do my Happy Christmas now xxx
    Forum Member
    Bethaneeny wrote: »
    Heyy, I don't think I've been in here before, I'm presuming it's like the support group thingy in advice?

Well, I'm Beth, I'm 17 *waves*
    I would consider myself an almost recovered self harmer (1 year free tomorrow :) ) - but it'll always be part of me, I think, both physically and emotionally. I've also been on antidepressants, offered therapy twice.
    But, since I'm doing so much better now, I just wanted to say that if anyone is going through anything similar, or just wants to talk about it to someone who's been through it, you're free to PM me.
    I just wanted to say to anyone who is struggling with it that you're not alone, and it is possible to come through it, I've proved that to myself.

Hi Beth, seen you on loads of other threads before but not on here.

I don't have any first hand knowledge of self harming, but I'd just like to say a big well done on 1 year free. You're so young and to have gone through this and got through the other side at only 17 I think you should be really proud of yourself. Happy Christmas x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right, time to get Christmas messages down as it will be kicking off here soon. Got my friend and her nephew arriving in half an hour for an afternoon of Christmas baking, the nephew has had a bad year (excluded three times) but has recently shown an interest in cooking so we are trying to support that. Another friend is going to her sister's who announced yesterday that she won't have my friend's dog in her house, so the dog is being dropped off here for a week.

Tomorrow its just me and Mr Fieldfare and we are going hill walking all day.

On boxing day the in-laws arrive, god help me.

Stripeysox, I hear you with the snow, its all getting a bit awkward isn't it? Simple things like popping out for milk get to be a big expedition. And power cuts, that is rubbish, again fun the first time but not when they go on. We are all looking forward to a thaw I think.

Bethaneeny, welcome, your post was interesting and uplifting. I hope you will be with us here in 2011.

Neil, glad the interview went well but I think your burlesque show may have set a very high standard to maintain!

Fredster, Mirandashell, Matherton and lurkers, Happy Christmas xx

I hope you all have a good break and feel ready to look at the new year with hope and confidence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you're all well. Just popped back to see if everything's ok. I'm feeling a bit under the weather. Probably all the stress of the last few weeks plus my trouser ripping act! Had to miss the hospital appointment but it's been reset to January.

I sent a few xmas emails to people and no-one's responded!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why can't I stop eating chocolate? I have been eating chocolate for 48 hours now and I can't stop! I'm doing it right now!

Don't worry about people not replying to your emails Neil, its a busy time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know when it gets to Boxing Day, you're having a bit of a tidy up and you find a card that slipped down the back of the cupboard and never got posted? I've had my DS version of this!

Henry, I forgot to say Happy Christmas! You strike me as far to level headed to be offended but please take my apologies anyway.
    Forum Member
    Morning everyone.
    So, how was everyone's Christmas? Too much eating, drinking and slobbing around doing nothing - wonderful! Now back to a bit of normality, trip to the shops, house to be cleaned, ironing to be done etc etc. Best of all, no work til Thursday - took an extra day off so only got 2 days to do this week and I've got an extra day off next week so only got 3 days that week. Then back to the grindstone with countdown started for my holiday in March - I know it's a long way off but I look forward to my March holiday sooo much.
    Hope everyone had a good time, no silly arguements or anything.
    And yes ff I know exactly what you mean, I was eating Roses til I felt sick, then carried on and wasn't happy until they were all gone. I would say it should teach me, but I know it wont!
    x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been quality street, after eights, hula hoops and pringles with me washed down with gallons of coca cola. (no booze),

Anyone been playing board games this xmas? Seems no-one does that any more. I bought one called Urban Myths. It's like a home version of the tv show "QI" Not bad i have to say.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sat on the back step with a **** and my iPhone trying very hard to find a reason why I should not go back in the house and do in Mr FF's father with the camping mallet. My patience is almost gone and he's here for another two days. Deep breaths. Will try and log on soon and have a proper conversation.
    Forum Member
    Fieldfare wrote: »
    I am sat on the back step with a **** and my iPhone trying very hard to find a reason why I should not go back in the house and do in Mr FF's father with the camping mallet. My patience is almost gone and he's here for another two days. Deep breaths. Will try and log on soon and have a proper conversation.

Oh I can sympathise with you on that one! My daughter has had to share her room with her nan since Xmas Eve, and I think she's ready to blow now too. It'll soon be over just remember that (just maybe not soon enough! x)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ohh I sympathise. I'm getting a bit fed up now of watching Avatar for the umpteenth time.