Freaks, creeps and Jim Davidson .

1235»

Comments

• B L ZeebubB L Zeebub Posts: 9,134
    Forum Member
    Bela wrote: »
    No, your hypothetical scenario would depend on Jim being the type of person who is capable of debate, would respond to reason, and would be willing to see something from another person's perspective.

He's not, and he's shown he's not on CBB.

And, amusingly, you ARE condoning Jim, whether you realise it or not, by the very fact that you're looking at Brian's reaction and suggesting it was down to him to set the reasonable tone, rather than Jim.

As you were.

Absolutely!
  • AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bela wrote: »
    No, your hypothetical scenario would depend on Jim being the type of person who is capable of debate, would respond to reason, and would be willing to see something from another person's perspective.

He's not, and he's shown he's not on CBB.

And, amusingly, you ARE condoning Jim, whether you realise it or not, by the very fact that you're looking at Brian's reaction and suggesting it was down to him to set the reasonable tone, rather than Jim.

As you were.

We can debate all we like, but each of us have conflicting views and will never reach a middle ground. I must admit I did enjoy the conversation between Liz Jones and Jim, which many others found interesting on the show, as the pair of them were both debating from different points of view.

As I said, I did not condone what Jim said on the show, but it was my view and my opinion that personally I found Brian Dowling offended me more, purely by his reactions then what Jim Davidson actually said. As stated if they had debated and discussed their reasons as to why it was and was not acceptable then my opinion would have been completely different.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AMS13 wrote: »
    We can debate all we like, but each of us have conflicting views and will never reach a middle ground. I must admit I did enjoy the conversation between Liz Jones and Jim, which many others found interesting on the show, as the pair of them were both debating from different points of view.

As I said, I did not condone what Jim said on the show, but it was my view and my opinion that personally I found Brian Dowling offended me more, purely by his reactions then what Jim Davidson actually said. As stated if they had debated and discussed their reasons as to why it was and was not acceptable then my opinion would have been completely different.

He did manage to alienate the majority of his fellow contestants on Hells Kitchen from what I saw.
    Just like he has in CBB, but apparently that's all Linda's fault. Convenient scapegoat springs to mind. I also doubt that he is capable of any debate regarding his behaviour. He's shown that too.
  • klawklaw Posts: 1,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is all Linda's fault, everyone now sees that. 'Convenient scapegoat?' That'll be what she tried to use Jim as. Backfired beautifully, made the series such a joy!

Well apart from a small minority see it that way I suppose. But she'll be out of friday, then we can stop discussing her - unless she sells her story before the show is over...
  • AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    He did manage to alienate the majority of his fellow contestants on Hells Kitchen from what I saw.
    Just like he has in CBB, but apparently that's all Linda's fault. Convenient scapegoat springs to mind. I also doubt that he is capable of any debate regarding his behaviour. He's shown that too.

It was a tv reality show. I personally do not care who he upsets or gets on with on a show. The whole point is to win and are they your friends, just because you are contracted together for that period of time?

Personally I find him interesting, entertaining and very generous with his time. It is apparent you have a different opinion of him to me and that is the beauty of having the freedom to have personal choice.

Watching him and Liz Jones discussing things and having completely different views, personally to me showed that he was capable of debate. Again watching when he went to comfort one of the other HMs when they were having a bad time showed him to have compassion.

His work with the Forces and what he has done for them, seriously impresses me and for a variety of reasons. I could never state that somebody that I do not like, have no interest in is such and such a person, just because I do not have the interest to find out about them or comment on them. If I was to comment in a negative manner then I would make the effort to find out the background story and it may or may not prove my opinions wrong and unfounded.
  • confuddledconfuddled Posts: 3,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a tv reality show. I personally do not care who he upsets or gets on with on a show. The whole point is to win and are they your friends, just because you are contracted together for that period of time?

Personally I find him interesting, entertaining and very generous with his time. It is apparent you have a different opinion of him to me and that is the beauty of having the freedom to have personal choice.

Watching him and Liz Jones discussing things and having completely different views, personally to me showed that he was capable of debate. Again watching when he went to comfort one of the other HMs when they were having a bad time showed him to have compassion.

His work with the Forces and what he has done for them, seriously impresses me and for a variety of reasons. I could never state that somebody that I do not like, have no interest in is such and such a person, just because I do not have the interest to find out about them or comment on them. If I was to comment in a negative manner then I would make the effort to find out the background story and it may or may not prove my opinions wrong and unfounded.

Good points, well made :)
  • confuddledconfuddled Posts: 3,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well well, the best man won in the end with most of his house mates liking him and singing his praises.
    Two mothers thanking him for his treatment of their daughters.... Well done Jim , the most worthy winner, a gentleman and essentially decent guy:)
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    confuddled wrote: »
    Well well, the best man won in the end with most of his house mates liking him and singing his praises.
    Two mothers thanking him for his treatment of their daughters.... Well done Jim , the most worthy winner, a gentleman and essentially decent guy:)

I think one of the main reasons he won was because he didn't get involved in any of the sexual shenanigans in the house (that may actually have gone against Dappy and Lee).
  • MithMarrMithMarr Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enidan wrote: »
    It was good to hear Jim say that people are entitled to their opinions however bonkers. How appropriate.

Absolutely! In this day and age with constant interfering and spoon fed propaganda 'personal opinion' has become a bad thing.

3 cheers to Jim for highlighting the fact that it's a basic human right.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Really? he allowed Liz to say her piece before disagreeing with her and then concluded that she was bonkers. Is that your idea of a good debate? She kept putting him up for eviction because he ignored her most of the time. Not his type of woman (ie Casey, compliant, giggly, approving, busty beauty)

I agree that he's an interesting character though and can be funny. But I think people are getting a bit carried away eulogising him.