BB need to inform viewers of the truth.

madiain28madiain28 Posts: 1,027
Forum Member
✭✭✭
BB really need to inform viewers at the start of the show that it is now a scripted reality show.
There are no longer any open auditions and contestants are sought through media agencies i.e. Actors, models etc.
Contestants are getting paid whilst in the house.
That the producers of the show are deliberately picking information to share to other contestants for dramatic effect and try to create dramatic scenes.
It is not a fair game as the are legally bound not to disclose certain information about some housemates and therefore are having to specifically focus on others targeting select housemates to try and create distress and confrontation.
The public no longer decide as BB will orchestrate and change nominations by introducing a new game or rule to ensure the producers keep in who they think will create more headlines. ( as demonstrated by the face to face live nominations being pulled to ensure they did not lose certain housemates) so they prerecord them once they new the outcome then decided to go with the plan.
The show heavily edited to give best dramatic viewing but is not representative if what has factually taken place.
I don't have a problem with any if the above as long as it's made clear but I do question should Ch5 therefore be allowed to make any profit by misleading the public and allowing them to vote. Especially with the tag line You Decide. Realistically the fact they have completely vetoed that this week, they have misled the public from the start of this series and should therefore be liable to refund all votes.
What's also interesting is that in previous shows on Ch4. they listened to the viewers opinions and thoughts to ensure continued support if the show. CH5 appear to have now completely lost all touch with the majority of viewers and whilst it may give a quick boost to ratings by continuously annoying and P@?ssing viewers off I know I for one will not be watching it again. I really think if another series happens next year it will slump below the million viewers.

Comments

• mz fitmz fit Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madiain28 wrote: »
    BB really need to inform viewers at the start of the show that it is now a scripted reality show.
    There are no longer any open auditions and contestants are sought through media agencies i.e. Actors, models etc.
    Contestants are getting paid whilst in the house.
    That the producers of the show are deliberately picking information to share to other contestants for dramatic effect and try to create dramatic scenes.
    It is not a fair game as the are legally bound not to disclose certain information about some housemates and therefore are having to specifically focus on others targeting select housemates to try and create distress and confrontation.
    The public no longer decide as BB will orchestrate and change nominations by introducing a new game or rule to ensure the producers keep in who they think will create more headlines. ( as demonstrated by the face to face live nominations being pulled to ensure they did not lose certain housemates) so they prerecord them once they new the outcome then decided to go with the plan.
    The show heavily edited to give best dramatic viewing but is not representative if what has factually taken place.
    I don't have a problem with any if the above as long as it's made clear but I do question should Ch5 therefore be allowed to make any profit by misleading the public and allowing them to vote. Especially with the tag line You Decide. Realistically the fact they have completely vetoed that this week, they have misled the public from the start of this series and should therefore be liable to refund all votes.
    What's also interesting is that in previous shows on Ch4. they listened to the viewers opinions and thoughts to ensure continued support if the show. CH5 appear to have now completely lost all touch with the majority of viewers and whilst it may give a quick boost to ratings by continuously annoying and P@?ssing viewers off I know I for one will not be watching it again. I really think if another series happens next year it will slump below the million viewers.

Two things to say to this...

1 -- I remember very similar things being said in forums when the show was on channel 4. Dissension was as rife then as it is now.

2 -- Big Brother has the power to change rules at any time.
  • madiain28madiain28 Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mz fit wrote: »

1 -- I remember very similar things being said in forums when the show was on channel 4. Dissension was as rife then as it is now.

Agree towards the latter series's on C4 they lost loads of viewers as they weren't listening to the majority, however CH5 is more than half the viewers C4 had at there lowest. When your viewing figures are as low as what they are and they are paying what they paid for the show it's not good to lose even more. Looking at the majority of posters they aren't happy with the current format.
    BB has the power to change rules at anytime I agree but when you change the entire fundamental game rule you no longer have BB.
  • rorybbrorybb Posts: 3,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mz fit wrote: »

So true! People complained all the way through every series and now look at things with rose tinted glasses.

Also I'm pretty sure the housemates always got a weekly stipend.
  • JanisElizabethJanisElizabeth Posts: 12,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rorybb wrote: »
    So true! People complained all the way through every series and now look at things with rose tinted glasses.

Also I'm pretty sure the housemates always got a weekly stipend.

I thought they got paid the equivalent of the wages they would have had in their jobs.
  • Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought they got paid the equivalent of the wages they would have had in their jobs.

Nah its a daily rate for the time they are in there....and its a pittance.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Housemates on BB6 mentioned they were paid £30 a day...
  • Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Housemates on BB6 mentioned they were paid £30 a day...

Yes that's around the figure I was told too.
  • rorybbrorybb Posts: 3,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I doubt it
  • BabelBrookBabelBrook Posts: 12,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :o

I doubt they could afford Steven if that was so! :o:confused::o:o
  • GrandmotherGrandmother Posts: 2,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not convinced that if the show went back to how it was in the good old days, its ratings would improve. And Channel 5 doesn't seem to be either.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    BabelBrook wrote: »
    :o

I doubt they could afford Steven if that was so! :o:confused::o:o

Actually he's the only one that is actually paying them. How else do you think bogie boy got the gig?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    Good point and I agree with you madiain28….I said something very similar at 1.42am this morning in another thread.

Petula Gordino Quote: Do we really ‘need’ to carry on voting ? Isn’t it time they scraped the ‘telephone vote’ altogether?

If BB wants the public to vote then it’s up to Channel 5 to find another way (twitter or some other kind of social media) which doesn’t involve viewer’s spending money.
    Telephone voting is no longer a ‘fair exchange’ for the BB viewer at home who has been phoning in each week supporting their favourite HM. This week we have no way of saving our chosen house mate and BB producers have literally conned us out of the money we have already invested.

BB producers ask us to “please spend your money voting” for the housemate you would like to win, however, if we don’t agree with your choice we will stop that person from winning and we are allowed to do this because “anything can happen in Big brother”. “Also at times we will stop you from voting for your favourite HM and give that decision to someone else who we will then ask you to spend money voting for”.

In Wednesday night’s show the new housemates were giving the old housemates a blow by blow account of what is being said about them in the outside world and who is popular and who isn’t. After this, I don’t see any point in keeping housemates in the house anymore because everyone knows what’s being said outside the house. I always thought housemates were supposed to be hidden away from outside influences and information.

If BB producers want complete control over the outcome of the series picking a winner they choose then they are quite entitled to do so, just don’t ask us to pick up the phone and vote.

Big brother keeps telling us that they can “change the rules at any time” and of course this is true. However, BB producers wait until the show has been on for over a month and people have started to personally invest (phone votes which cost money) in their show and then say “we are now going to change the rules”. The viewer at home feels swindled and of course they have been.
  • Cornish GirlCornish Girl Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firstly I think the producers do mess around with the format too much. Having said that, though, I was under the impression that the HMs have always been paid and having watched far too much live streaming in the old days, the HL show is always very heavily edited. You could watch the HLs through the week and virtually tell who would be going on Friday due to how they were edited.
  • SIOPHIE_FIERCESIOPHIE_FIERCE Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not convinced that if the show went back to how it was in the good old days, its ratings would improve. And Channel 5 doesn't seem to be either.

They probably won't. Many people that have lost interest in the show will never come back however what it would do is hold onto the few viewers that it has at the moment.

After this series I highly doubt I'll be watching BB again, I now see it for what it is and that is a scripted reality TV show except unlike many others of its sort it takes money from the public. Fair enough if they want to create scenarios, mislead the viewers and sway opinion but don't do it when people are voting for a winner. At least with TOWIE and Geordie Shore they just do their own thing, scripted conversations and drama etc but no one is bothered at the end of the day because no one is being voted to be the winner.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    They probably won't. Many people that have lost interest in the show will never come back however what it would do is hold onto the few viewers that it has at the moment.

After this series I highly doubt I'll be watching BB again, I now see it for what it is and that is a scripted reality TV show except unlike many others of its sort it takes money from the public. Fair enough if they want to create scenarios, mislead the viewers and sway opinion but don't do it when people are voting for a winner. At least with TOWIE and Geordie Shore they just do their own thing, scripted conversations and drama etc but no one is bothered at the end of the day because no one is being voted to be the winner.

well said :)