Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It goes nowhere and serves no purpose.

<snip>

Thanks for that.
    Ex Pat wrote: »
    I think the poster was referring to the smaller arch that leads into the guinnel. Ive never seen it used until yesterday.......................

I was referring to both, I assumed that the path through the larger arch turned a corner, and came out of the smaller arch.

Anyway, I'm glad I've started a discussion about it. I remember first noticing the larger arch some years ago, and when I asked on here I was told it had always been there. Possibly be someone who only started watching post 2000.
  • Options
    KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In a nutshell, the entire Corrie set is one big SOR :D:D
  • Options
    stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heiker wrote: »
    Two strangers walk into the Rovers and order a drink.....

Sounds like a joke

Anyway ordinance survey map has the taxi office bigger than Audreys and no houses next to the butchers/community centre.

In last night's corry when erica and nick walked down the street, Erica's bag hit the lamp post with a bit of a clang
  • Options
    biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Five people were gathered round Jason in that alley. Not a single one of them thought to put him into the recovery position.

And one of them was the son of a nurse!
  • Options
    stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm the son of a hair dresser, Don't mean i can do a short back and sides.

Was daft nobody knew any first aid.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RE: the set

Have we ever seen/been told what's down the right hand side of Viaduct Street (as you continue on past the back of the Kabin?

Also who lives in the flat next to Kevin's mechanics, as indicated by the brown door between his business and Underworld in this photo?
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/28/article-2478298-190A752B00000578-654_964x734.jpg

I did think Maria but I'm sure there was a scene in a recent episode which showed her coming out of a door behind the Kabin, facing directly opposite Dev's shop.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stevepjk wrote: »
    I'm the son of a hair dresser, Don't mean i can do a short back and sides.

Was daft nobody knew any first aid.

It's quite a skill to do hair. It needs years of training. you've only got to watch Audrey and Maria 'fluffing' in the salon to see that :D
    But the recovery position is basic stuff we should all know. At least one of those five people should have thought about it.
  • Options
    KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RE: the set

Has we've ever seen/been told what's down the right hand side of Viaduct Street (as you continue on past the back of the Kabin?

Also who lives in the flat next to Kevin's mechanics, as indicated by the brown door between his business and Underworld in this photo?
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/28/article-2478298-190A752B00000578-654_964x734.jpg

I did think Maria but I'm sure there was a scene in a recent episode which showed her coming out of a door behind the Kabin, facing directly opposite Dev's shop.

We sometimes see up Viaduct Street but quite rarely. There's an archway next to the bistro which was (I think) some kind of haulage company or something. We never saw inside. A couple of years ago Terry Duckworth wanted to open it as a strip club. Beyond the back of the garage and Underworld is Nuttall's Brewery (the large building with the triangular gables) I believe that the brewery is empty.

The door you mention is the door to Rita's flat. Unbelievably, there are actually two flats squeezed above the Kabin, one with its entrance round the corner on Viaduct Street and the one you've mentioned just there.

Edit: Maria lives in the flat above the salon, which has its own doorway set back from the main salon frontage, adjacent to the Websters' house at No.4.
  • Options
    cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting photo you linked to above KornerKabin!

Taking SOR's to an extreme, can we assume that the Bistro is even more Tardis like than we originally thought, as it appears to be one wall deep! ;)

Seriously though, is the square, almost PortaKabin construction behind the Bistro façade wall what they use as it's interior set?
  • Options
    ladysilenceladysilence Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Five people were gathered round Jason in that alley. Not a single one of them thought to put him into the recovery position.

Sarah said 'they said not to move him'
  • Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    The ones that beat up Jason didnt do undercover thugs very well, everyone saw them in the rovers, then they escaped straight down the main street where everyone could identify them!
    Shayne Ward in corrie tonight, what next, Joe McElderry ! So unbelievable. Bet he cant act for toffee
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member

Who?
    But the recovery position is basic stuff we should all know. At least one of those five people should have thought about it.

True.
  • Options
    chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They also did this with Fiz, who was awful to Roy and Hayley when she arrived, then Becky (down and out), Kylie and, most recently, Maddeh

The Street must turn sinners into saints! :D

(well, it turns bank robbers into monks, even if only by association!)

Jim Macdonald taking holy orders? :D With luck Father Billy will be away
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We sometimes see up Viaduct Street but quite rarely. There's an archway next to the bistro which was (I think) some kind of haulage company or something. We never saw inside. A couple of years ago Terry Duckworth wanted to open it as a strip club. Beyond the back of the garage and Underworld is Nuttall's Brewery (the large building with the triangular gables) I believe that the brewery is empty.

The door you mention is the door to Rita's flat. Unbelievably, there are actually two flats squeezed above the Kabin, one with its entrance round the corner on Viaduct Street and the one you've mentioned just there.

Edit: Maria lives in the flat above the salon, which has its own doorway set back from the main salon frontage, adjacent to the Websters' house at No.4.

Thanks for that.

The medical centre is odd to me. I wonder where all the patients park!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    srhgts wrote: »
    Who?

David Platt
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah said 'they said not to move him'

That in itself is an SOR.
    If someone is lying on their back, unconscious with blood in and around their mouth and is gurgling in their throat ( I definitely did hear him do that as Sarah approached ) they are liable to choke to death if they're not put into the recovery position.
    Very irresponsible of Corrie scriptwriters.
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    David Platt

Oh yeah, of course. Silly me, I was trying to think of a female nurse for some reason.
  • Options
    RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last nights episode was one of the worst I've seen. Hubby doesn't watch it but was sitting on the sofa and commented "you watch this rubbish?!" And I had to concede it was indeed rubbish. I think I watch it out of habit or misplaced loyalty!

Big SORs for me..

- Sarah taking rubbish from the Rovers to the ginnel in a black bin bag. The Rovers is a commercial property, it's illegal to use black bin bags and a commercial dustbin must be used. I live in Manchester, trust me a bin man would never take even a domestic bin bag of rubbish, you'd get a snotty letter!
    She then left poor Jason alone to go get his mum who seemed to know he'd been 'badly beaten up' before she even clapped eyes on him (Sarah said 'attacked' which could have meant stabbed, anything). Five of them then stood there waiting for the ambulance staring at him. I swear I saw Sarah smirking?!

- the disappearance of Andy who never had a heart to heart with Les Dennis, who in turn is always at Eileen's despite living at Andys? Also the disappearance of pointless Billy the part time Vicar, does anyone care?

- The whole stinging nettle arse armed robber monk scenes. Seriously unfunny and stupid.

- Wonder Sinead and her magical back which went from paralysed to camping in Wales without a sleeping bag or tent. Without the aid of super physio Jenna either! ;-)

- why on earth The Platts are worried about a grainy video of Bethany handing a man a parcel. If this was all the evidence you needed to convict someone of drug dealing, no one would work for Royal Mail! Plus do they think the person who filled the parcel and the person who received it would give evidence?! They'd be better off taking it to the police themselves stating what it was so the recipients house would get raided and hopefully he'd dob Nancy, sorry Callum in and it would sort the Max problem out. Durr.

- right, own up people. One of you knows where Mary's camper van is and I want answers.

I've been on the Corrie tour by the way, on the old set, and the painted tarp under the archway next to the Rovers had a straight street perspective. There certainly wasn't enough room on the old alley set to fit in a 3 on 1 beating and a 5 on 1 staring at a victim. I don't get where 'Maddies wall' is either, it was in last night's ep, but it's not on the old set, what is it meant to be the wall of?
  • Options
    AlmightyDinoAlmightyDino Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    Last nights episode was one of the worst I've seen. Hubby doesn't watch it but was sitting on the sofa and commented "you watch this rubbish?!" And I had to concede it was indeed rubbish. I think I watch it out of habit or misplaced loyalty!

Such a forum cliché. The hubby or partner who never watches something but happens to catch the bad moments and comments how rubbish it is.

Maybe you should turn off, after all it is moaners like yourself who keep watching the show and keeping the viewing figures up. Maybe try and act in future instead of just complaining and maybe then ITV will take some notice. Really do people have nothing at all to entertain themselves with?

Then again looking at this so called "Suspension of Reality" thread is just full of complete nitpicking. Viewing this forum I have come to the conclusion nobody here is ever satisfied, no matter what will happen in the show.
  • Options
    AlmightyDinoAlmightyDino Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    mal2pool wrote: »
    The ones that beat up Jason didnt do undercover thugs very well, everyone saw them in the rovers, then they escaped straight down the main street where everyone could identify them!
    Shayne Ward in corrie tonight, what next, Joe McElderry ! So unbelievable. Bet he cant act for toffee

Who was really paying attention to them in the Rovers? If you were drinking would you give a toss about two guys having a drink?
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mal2pool wrote: »

Why not wait until his first episode has aired before writing him off.
  • Options
    Ex PatEx Pat Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    Who was really paying attention to them in the Rovers? If you were drinking would you give a toss about two guys having a drink?

In a small local like the Rovers, 2 strangers would stand out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been on the Corrie tour by the way, on the old set, and the painted tarp under the archway next to the Rovers had a straight street perspective. There certainly wasn't enough room on the old alley set to fit in a 3 on 1 beating and a 5 on 1 staring at a victim. I don't get where 'Maddies wall' is either, it was in last night's ep, but it's not on the old set, what is it meant to be the wall of?

Can you see what looks like a brownish/wooden roof in the Rovers back yard in this photo? I believe the Maddie mural is on the wall of the house with the green door, opposite the back of the Rovers.

• Options
    RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such a forum cliché. The hubby or partner who never watches something but happens to catch the bad moments and comments how rubbish it is.

Maybe you should turn off, after all it is moaners like yourself who keep watching the show and keeping the viewing figures up. Maybe try and act in future instead of just complaining and maybe then ITV will take some notice. Really do people have nothing at all to entertain themselves with?

Then again looking at this so called "Suspension of Reality" thread is just full of complete nitpicking. Viewing this forum I have come to the conclusion nobody here is ever satisfied, no matter what will happen in the show.

Well, it happened, like it or not, I don't rightly care. Such a forum cliche you know, people claiming threads are pointless or silly, yet seemingly choosing to waste their own time composing a reply. Pretty hypocritical in fact. Basically - grow up.

I, like many Corrie viewers, post in this (pretty tongue in cheek, it has to be said) thread, to highlight how daft Corrie has become, and most if not all of us are very long-term viewers. If you're happy to watch the rubbish they'd churning out - brilliant. Clearly there ARE people who enjoy it so well done you. All we want is a nod to continuity, the history of the show, and an increase in quality. If the thread riles you so much, do one, and stop picking on people who want to have a little fun 'nitpicking'. Because as a loyal viewer, and I am, I hope that it returns to it's former glory.

Now, back to the SORs people, double bubble tonight 😄
  • Options
    cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you see what looks like a brownish/wooden roof in the Rovers back yard in this photo? I believe the Maddie mural is on the wall of the house with the green door, opposite the back of the Rovers.

Wasn't the Maddeh mural right next to where Jason was lying in the ginnel? If so, ties up with your description completely! :D
This discussion has been closed.