Options

Stupid anti-X-factor campaigns

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,848
Forum Member
Most of the campaigns to defeat X-factor to Christmas number 1 has been completely hairbrained.

The RATM campaign succeeded, but the song choice was hardly brilliant and there was lots of swearing - wow.

The silent record - interesting idea, but the idea of the music elite launching a campaign track of them not performing does not appeal to me. In many ways it simply dents one ego (Cowell's) by boosting the rather inflated egos of others.

My idea of a proper campaign would have been to use it as an opportunity to launch an unknown act - a bit like an unofficial X-factor based on musical act rather than a singing act. Either that or choose an Elton John record to propel (though consider my warning above about boosting egos).

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,848
    Forum Member
    Another thought - we could all back Brookstein one year to see off Cowell's winner. That would really hurt...
  • Options
    colnechriscolnechris Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are making a stand against the xfactor destroying UK music.
  • Options
    Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RATM getting christmas number 1 was a bit of a damp squib. The winner climbed to the top the following week, the X Factor has higher ratings than ever and they are back to getting the christmas number 1 this year. Epic fail.
  • Options
    PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    Well the problem is that there are like 5 different campaigns out there, if everyone stuck to one, even if they don't like the song, then they'll possible be able to beat the X Factor (which if I am correct, is the whole point).
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just childish people who get involved with these. I also agree that the Rage Against The Machine song choice was a bad one to pick.
  • Options
    RevenReven Posts: 2,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eff your x factor, there's a horse outside

:p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    It's just childish people who get involved with these. I also agree that the Rage Against The Machine song choice was a bad one to pick.

And yet, strangely enough, its 12 year old girls* who are the core fans of the xfactor.

Well isnt that funny?

* Its kids who are the fans of that show.
  • Options
    PeterWDPeterWD Posts: 1,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    colnechris wrote: »
    In what way is the X Factor destroying UK music? Who is being harmed by it? X Factor contestants do not dominate the charts. The winner's single goes to number 1 in the Christmas chart because people buy it as a souvenir of the X Factor rather than because of its musical merits. Apart from that, singles and albums by X Factor contestants are bought, or not bought, according to whether people like the music.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PeterWD wrote: »
    In what way is the X Factor destroying UK music? Who is being harmed by it? X Factor contestants do not dominate the charts. The winner's single goes to number 1 in the Christmas chart because people buy it as a souvenir of the X Factor rather than because of its musical merits. Apart from that, singles and albums by X Factor contestants are bought, or not bought, according to whether people like the music.

Because the charts are filled with rubbish artists who made it so far on talent shows. I mean her from blackburn the other year, rubbish singer, absolutely terrible yet gets a number one.

Kids buy anything as they are more gullible than gullible sam and trust me, hes one gullible SOB.

Its like talentless cher will get a top 20 single and the people who buy it will be the same people who will slag off the genuinely talented MCs and Rappers in the UK because they havnt been on xfactor like cher.

its a joke, the who set up is. Good idea to start with but you are all being taken for a ride by the show.

Next year they could have a donkey doing the national anthem in flatulence and some idiots would buy it.

It isnt about the music at all, its about who the kids think is the best. Music has very little to do with it.

If they take away the gimmicks then they might have something.
    The fact Wagner and Cher got into the live shows proves this point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And yet, strangely enough, its 12 year old girls* who are the core fans of the xfactor.

Well isnt that funny?

* Its kids who are the fans of that show.

I meant childish, as in, childish behaviour. I wasn't talking about age. Age doesn't necessarily go hand in hand with being childish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because the charts are filled with rubbish artists who made it so far on talent shows. I mean her from blackburn the other year, rubbish singer, absolutely terrible yet gets a number one.

Kids buy anything as they are more gullible than gullible sam and trust me, hes one gullible SOB.

Its like talentless cher will get a top 20 single and the people who buy it will be the same people who will slag off the genuinely talented MCs and Rappers in the UK because they havnt been on xfactor like cher.

its a joke, the who set up is. Good idea to start with but you are all being taken for a ride by the show.

Next year they could have a donkey doing the national anthem in flatulence and some idiots would buy it.

It isnt about the music at all, its about who the kids think is the best. Music has very little to do with it.

If they take away the gimmicks then they might have something.
    The fact Wagner and Cher got into the live shows proves this point.

The fact that Cher's audition video has made the 11.6m mark, this says you're wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said childish, as in, childish behaviour. I wasn't talking about age. Age doesn't necessarily go hand in hand with being childish.

No but after the antics on the show do you really think fans of the show are in a position to call anyone childish?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that Cher's audition video has made the 11.6m mark, this says you're wrong.

You are aware that people may of watched for the crack or to see how rubbish it was.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No but after the antics on the show do you really think fans of the show are in a position to call anyone childish?

The "antics" are nothing to do with me.
  • Options
    mamamiamamamia Posts: 2,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Are they hell,lol,they just like getting on the bandwagon,Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are aware that people may of watched for the crack or to see how rubbish it was.

I doubt it. That's probably just because you're against the show from the start.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The "antics" are nothing to do with me.

Of course not but as a fan you support the show yes?

Other dont.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mamamia wrote: »
    Are they hell,lol,they just like getting on the bandwagon,Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Oh really.

Elton john seems to think the shows a bit of a farce and he has some room to talk.

Unlike simon who is responsible for many novelty records such as zig and zag.

Also if you asked every credible artist on earth I suspect most would want to distance themselves from shows like the xfactor unless they were a bit skint or got a big payday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course not but as a fan you support the show yes?

Other dont.

How exactly has this got anything to with me saying anti X-Factor campaigners behave childishly?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How exactly has this got anything to with me saying anti X-Factor campaigners behave childishly?

You a fan of a childish show and you are calling people who are making a stand against said show childish.

Call it a protest if you like. Its basically what it is, just we are not causing havoc and trashing city centres across the UK
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh really.

Elton john seems to think the shows a bit of a farce and he has some room to talk.

Also if you asked every credible artist on earth I suspect most would want to distance themselves from shows like the xfactor unless they were a bit skint or got a big payday.

And non of these motor mouths had the courage to say their views on the show. Strange that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You a fan of a childish show and you are calling people who are making a stand against said show childish.

Call it a protest if you like. Its basically what it is, just we are not causing havoc and trashing city centres across the UK

From what I've seen it's not childish. I think you're exaggerating a bit there. There's also no "trashing" goes on either. That's ridiculous.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Campaigns are for sheep.

So what if an X-Factor single gets to number one? I think those who buy it must have to actually like the song to some extent, and there isn't anything wrong with buying something because you like it. If masses and masses of people enjoy the XFactor then that's upto them.

Why don't you (general you) just sit back and enjoy the music you like and stop worrying about everyone else? How does it really affect your life if an XF song is number one or not?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lily Rose wrote: »
    Campaigns are for sheep.

So what if an X-Factor single gets to number one? I think those who buy it must have to actually like the song to some extent, and there isn't anything wrong with buying something because you like it. If masses and masses of people enjoy the XFactor then that's upto them.

Why don't you (general you) just sit back and enjoy the music you like and stop worrying about everyone else? How does it really affect your life if an XF song is number one or not?

Why didn't I think of saying this? :D
  • Options
    PeterWDPeterWD Posts: 1,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh really.

The X Factor is not a competition for credible artists - artists who are already successful. It is for hopefuls who in many cases haven't even started a singing career. Many of the people who get to the final stages are in desperate need of months of vocal coaching to learn how to sing.