Corrie at the moment is f-in dreadful!

SpoonfedVomitSpoonfedVomit Posts: 2,540
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Arhhh yawnnnn i am so loosing interest in this at the moment, the stories are poor and its so boring to watch, im even struggling to watch it on my second monitor whilst im doing other things, its just doijng my head in :yawn::yawn:

Comments

• ghettoBLASTER!ghettoBLASTER! Posts: 5,220
    Forum Member
    The Street has been rebuild pretty fast. In reality it would still be unliveable.
  • Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    Hold onto your butt-crack, it'll get even worse next week with the return of John "He's behind you" Stape
  • Sally LinzSally Linz Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Things went downhill when Tracy returned at xmas and they haven't improved since IMO.
  • PacinoFanPacinoFan Posts: 3,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie is great at the moment.....
  • IndegIndeg Posts: 1,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been enjoying it all year so far. It's having a quiet spell at the moment, sure, but rotation of cast and storyline makes that inevitable from time to time - can't be high drama all the time. All shows, soaps especially, go through peaks and troughs, that's just the nature of the beast. Corrie is still fun to watch even in those quieter spells, despite plot holes and contrivances.

As for the speed of the rebuild, that's also typical soap - storylines always rattle along at a rate of knots! Nothing ever stands still for long on a soap.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really enjoying it at the moment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arhhh yawnnnn i am so loosing interest in this at the moment, the stories are poor and its so boring to watch, im even struggling to watch it on my second monitor whilst im doing other things, its just doijng my head in :yawn::yawn:

I am going to stop watching until the whole graeme and x-shin is over, I cannot stand her smug face any longer
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I caught the omnibus on Sunday after having not watched it for six months or so, can safely say it looks like I haven't really missed much. I do keep up to date with the spoilers and such, but it doesn't hold my attention.
  • kevin75ukkevin75uk Posts: 1,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is absolute cr@p and beyond even watching on Sky+ Fast Forward. The Sophie on the church roof and Xin storylines are cringeworthy!! EE is rubbish too but will still clean up at the next awards against this tripe.

I prefer to watch classic episodes on DVD/Youtube.
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i can safely say that the thought of that ugly chezney & that bird of his having a baby is going to riviting - NOT. That preacher is a weirdo and i reckon hes trying to talk sophie out of being gay so he can jump in there not that im interested in any of the webster covern either. Liz comes just to go and fizz and her problems is just a yawn fest.

Hurry back PB ive missed the black eyes n guyliner.
  • *Cadhla**Cadhla* Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just wish Kevin and Sally would get back together already!!!
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just shows how the Peter/leanne/Carla/Nick and John Stape storylines held Corrie together over the last few months. We're missing those characters at the moment.

The Graeme/Xin storyline is tedious. all the main characters are irritating. Xin for taking over Graeme's life, Tina for asking him to do it in the frst place and Graeme for being so accommodating.

As for Sally and Kevin, how unreasonable is Sally? One minute crying on his shoulder, the other minute yelling at him for taking advantage. No wonder he strayed (and I'm a female)

Can't wait for the return of the Barlows and John Stape.:)
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's fine at the mo, not at its best, but in no way at its worst
  • Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Street has been rebuild pretty fast. In reality it would still be unliveable.

Poetic license. :)

Several good story lines at the moment & JS is about to return.
  • KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is terrible.
  • RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not too bad, just a bit repetitive and boring. I will watch more when Tommy (Chris Fountain), Todd and Dennis return though.
  • bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    It is going through a slump at the moment.
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    I would say it's riding high at the moment - I look forward to watching every episode, something I couldn't say in 2005 and during the previous producers effort
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No wonder he strayed (and I'm a female)

Sally wasn't behaving like that at the time Kevin strayed so there wasn't really any excuse for his behaviour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, personally finding it dire right now. These days it's just on in the background whilst I use the laptop, do college work etc. Out of the soaps I watch I'm enjoying it the least.
  • KellerKeller Posts: 5,970
    Forum Member
    It's going through a dip in quality at the moment, it was in fine form in the lead up to the tram crash and the two months following it but March hasn't been anywhere near as strong. This is a small dip, there hasn't been any major change in the production team so there's no doubt the great stuff we saw in the Autumn and the Winter will return for Spring.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Corrie's been a helluva lot worse. It's just hit a dry patch but things will pick up again. It's the same with every soap.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 417
    Forum Member

Yes, . Almost as quick as the Queen Vic reopened after the fire !!;);)
  • elephantmanelephantman Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    barbieblue wrote: »
    Yes, . Almost as quick as the Queen Vic reopened after the fire !!;);)

the Queen Vic wasn't demolished :rolleyes:
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    the Queen Vic wasn't demolished :rolleyes:

Actually a hell of a lot quicker to build from the ground up, than to do a refurb.
    That said all the rebuilding was glossed over, when I think there was plenty of mileage in the characters talking/reacting to it.

On the EE thing the Beales house was covered in a hoarding for ages but they never mentioned any building work and their house still looked as light inside as if the hoarding wasn't there.

There's something wrong with the writing or directing at the moment.
    We've seen most of the actors do good work in the past, but very little is grabbing me at the moment.