Options

When someone is inevitably killed in a fire/street attack...

BobbyNoMatesBobbyNoMates Posts: 1,195
Forum Member
✭✭✭
How long will it take for these prats on the news defending their looting to melt away? It won't even be someone in authority who goes, it'll be some poor sod working minimum wage living above a chippy who cops a petrol bomb through his window.

What then? Will these people 'taking back their taxes' and 'showing the government that when you respect us, we'll respect you' finally go and hide away, thoroughly ashamed that they've acted like it's the last days of Rome?

Honestly the level of ignorance and barbarity on show makes me feel ashamed of this city now for the first time in my life. I live in Peckham and last night my mate had his car torched. He's a sodding bar manager for Christ's sake, not exactly striking fear into the heart of the establishment is it?

It enrages me, some of the excuses these thugs are making for themselves, and it'll only be when someone dies that people will wake up, and even then not to accept that they've behaved abhorrently, but to go and hide away like the cowards they are.

Comments

• Options
    Sharona68Sharona68 Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A 26 year old man has died after being shot in Croydon, according to the BBC.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised more people haven't died already, in the fires. Lots of those shops had flats above. The whole thing is really tragic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must say I have been wondering the same thing, ie whether the looters have any sense of shame at all. If, for example, I had torched the bed shop in Croydon I would be a bit disconcerted by the pictures of the woman jumping for her life from an upstairs window.