Gaddafi Captured

Comments

• gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A young NTC soldier is claiming that he found Gaddafi hiding in a hole and has taken a gold plated gun from him as proof . I think if Gaddafi had a gun on him he would have used it ..

They are also reporting he begged for his life.

Is Gaddafi the sort of person to have done that ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 354
    Forum Member

This episode shames libya.
  • RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not given the choice. But If he were laying on the floor with some holes in him and his fluids on the floor. He'd do the same as everybody else and ask for help.
  • Jericho941Jericho941 Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pro-Gadaffi TV reporting a "sprained ankle"
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know that colonel was a 'bad guy' but this brutalisation of him seems extreme in the least. The NTC are nowt more than savages.

We have no factual information of what actually happened at the end.

But we do have facts that Ghadaffi was a monstrous brutal dictator.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like some graphic footage is coming our way. Corpse will be allowed to be filmed.
  • gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rafer wrote: »
    Not given the choice. But If he were laying on the floor with some holes in him and his fluids on the floor. He'd do the same as everybody else and ask for help.

They haven't said whether it was before or after he was
    shot.

Won't they have to do DNA tests to find out/prove if it really is him ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sounds like an execution . :( .wonder if the liberal left will support the rebels now they have adopted the death penalty :rolleyes: i think if he was holding out in Sirte till the end .. then he was brave whatever he was like as a dictator..
    Liberal left ? Like Cameron and Sarkozy you mean? you know those well known liberal left leaders who advocated support for the rebels.
  • grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sounds like an execution . :( .wonder if the liberal left will support the rebels now they have adopted the death penalty :rolleyes:.

No, they adopted it a long time ago. This is just the first time they've applied it to a non-black African person.
  • RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They haven't said whether it was before or after he was
    shot.

We're never going to find that out. History is written by the winners. He could have been defiant to the end. But if it's reported that he was cowering in a corner soiling himself. Then that's how it will be recorded. Hence the reason why sources of information should always be checked and verified independently.
  • Jericho941Jericho941 Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After years of appalling pain, torture and torment for millions, it is now confirmed:

Westlife are splitting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Bagpipes wrote: »
    The second Middle East dictator to end up hiding in a hole whilst on the run, and then dying shortly after. Karma sure is a bitch. I wonder if there'll be a third?

Near East.

/pedantry
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jericho941 wrote: »
    After years of appalling pain, torture and torment for millions, it is now confirmed:

Westlife are splitting.

:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Libyans claiming entire responsibility for catching and killing Ghadaffi and saying no one else was involved.

Dead bodies of son and spokesman already moved to Misrata.
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jericho941 wrote: »

Westlife are splitting.

Post of the Day.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »
    Libyans claiming entire responsibility for catching and killing Ghadaffi and saying no one else was involved.

Dead bodies of son and spokesman already moved to Misrata.

Presumably a war crime btw : it is forbidden under the Geneva Convention to kill a captured combatant. It will be interesting to see how this one plays out.
  • BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why not capture him alive and make him stand trial?

Perhaps the idea that a trial would galvanise his supporters meant that idea was dismissed.

As a human being and someone who believes in the principle of law, I could never condone killing another human being.

Having said that, I'd mourn some more than others.
  • floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    It saves tax payers money by not putting him on trial. ;) And I'm sure there's no-one doubting his war crimes against his people and his terrorist links so not much point in a trial.
  • Tommy_the_TurkTommy_the_Turk Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    floopy123 wrote: »
    It saves tax payers money by not putting him on trial. ;) And I'm sure there's no-one doubting his war crimes against his people and his terrorist links so not much point in a trial.

Maybe a trial would have exposed war crimes from NATO?
  • mirrorimagemirrorimage Posts: 4,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reports say a straggle haired corpse wearing military jacket and sunglasses is being brought back to Misratah. Dr Conrad Murray has made the statement "This one has f**k all to do with me!"
  • BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe a trial would have exposed war crimes from NATO?

Surely they would have only been alleged as the terms of the court wouldn't be to investigate allegations of war crimes from others not on trial. Gaddafi could have said this any time in the last few months if he wished to or there was any truth to it.
  • butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Standard propaganda.

I think they wanted Saddam Hussein to start crying and wet himself at the gallows. In fact, first reports said something on those lines until some actual mobile phone footage came out.

I don't really care if he's dead or alive, but I can already picture the way his final moments will be spun.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Presumably a war crime btw : it is forbidden under the Geneva Convention to kill a captured combatant. It will be interesting to see how this one plays out.

War crime? How come? Presumably he was doing what he vowed that he would do, fight to the end.
  • grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »

You missed out a key bit.

it is forbidden under the Geneva Convention for a Brit, American or Israeli to kill a captured combatant.

It's perfectly legal, and indeed usually a cause for celebration, for muslims to do it.
  • divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like some graphic footage is coming our way. Corpse will be allowed to be filmed.

Al Jazeera has shown footage of people literally dancing on the body in the street. Should make the autopsy interesting.