Madonna Live what's your favourite live performances?

madiain28madiain28 Posts: 1,027
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hyde Park on 17th and looking forward. Every Madonna Tour has always had a stand out track or couple if tracks that have gave me the total euphoric feeling. It's the track or mix that always then sticks in my head and gives me a big smile. Just wandering what yours is?

Like a Prayer and La Isla Bonita S&S Tour just awesome both tracks. Like a Prayer stood at front of Wembley when the drums boomed the entire place shook. still get goosebumps when watch DVD.

Music Inferno and Hung up Confessions. Paris Bercy best concert crowd ever!

The Beast within opening 30 mins in the pitch black everyone cheering and stomping best opening for me. First time to Paris in my life brill city small Parisian hotel topped only by The Queen.

Substitute for love and Ray of Light Drowned World.

Deeper and Deeper and Why's it so hard Girlie Show Old Wembley Also Rain just for the fact it pissed down all day but as soon as e got inside Wembley not a drop.

Express Yourself, Hanky Panky. Wembley surrounded by hunks 14 realised I was Gay and wasn't just a phase.

Holiday, Like a Virgin, Leeds first Madonna Concert I attended so really every song was the best.

Virgin Tour wasn't in Uk but remember paying £39.99 for VHS in John Menzies For me it's gotta be Gambler and Crazy For You!!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Express Yourself, BA.
    Bye, Bye, GS.
    Future Lovers, Hung Up, CT
    Like A Prayer, S&S.
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favourite ever performance was Like A Virgin BA. So iconic
  • MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know whether this counts as she's not singing live although it is a live performance in the sense that it's not pre-recorded. I love Vogue at the MTV Awards 1990. It's so great :) I do wish she'd sung though, would have made it perfect if she'd nailed it. Though I guess she has a lot to remember in that already!
    I also really enjoy her performances of Frozen from her tours, not one in particular I just like how she does it. One of my favourite M songs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    TH14 wrote: »
    My favourite ever performance was Like A Virgin BA. So iconic

That remains f'kng fantastic! I still have a cassette recording of the R1 broadcast!!! Have to dig that out again:)
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me it has to be the Oscars 1991.

People say she cannot sing but she shat all over the industry that night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s15GTGdUuvM
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really wish i were going to the MDNA tour she has so many iconic live eprformances....ill do a top 10(ish) :D

Future Lovers/I Feel Love(intro), get together, Isaac, Sorry, Music Inferno, Erotica, Hung Up - Confessions Tour

Express Yourself/Open Your Heart, Like A Virgin/Like A Prayer, Keep It Together - Blonde Ambition Tour

Papa Dont Preach - Whos Thats girl Tour

Erotica/Fever, Deeper & Deeper/Express Yourself/Whys it So Hard, Justify My Love, Holiday/Everybody - The girlie Show

Like A Prayer, Devil WOuldnt Recognise You - Sticky & Sweet Tour

Vogue - 1990 VMAs

Bad girl and Fever - SNL (1992)

Like A Virgin - VMAs 1984

Shanti/Ashtangi, Ray Of Light - 1998 VMAs (with Lenny Kravitz)

Live 8 (2005) Performance! And Live Earth (2007) (why i miss her not being in the UK for massive events like that...incredible!)

Music - 2001 grammy awards, Nothing Really Matters - 1999 grammy awards, Feel good Inc(with gorillaz) and Hung Up - 2006 grammy awards :cool:

okay not specifically TEN performances....but these are definite favourites of mine i try and rewatch time to time :) either DVD or via YT! :) Incredible performer!

And by the looks of the tour...she keeps on giving! :cool:
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    1984 VMA performance of Like a Virgin
    1985 Live Aid performance of Into the Groove
    1990 BA Tour - Express Yourself, Live to Tell/Oh Father, Like a Virgin, Like a Prayer, Holiday, Vogue
    1993 SNL performance of Bad Girl
    1993 Girlie Show Tour - Why's It So Hard, Express Yourself, Deeper and Deeper, La Isla Bonita
    1995 AMAs performance of Take a Bow
    1998 VMAs Shanti/Ashtangi and Ray of Light
    2003 Re-Invention Tour - Express Yourself
    2006 Confessions Tour - Live to Tell
    2008 S&S Tour - Holiday, Frozen
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    Hung Up (Ft Gorilaz) (Grammy's)
    Sorry (Confessions Tour)
    Like a Prayer (Sticky & Sweet Tour)